Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FCed slow ride, 215k or something, can't remember.

Improved my Don't Speak score by 2.6k moving me up to 58th (From 104th) :D

damn, reduxed slow ride today and only got 205k... not sure about my path though.

Tk5SF.png

[hide=Slow Ride FC - 206,066]slowridefcnu8.jpg[/hide]

Woot. My blue button decided to screw me out of some points on held notes, so I could have had a few K higher I suppose . . . oh well.

I've also taught myself how to tap the funky O-B-O-Y-O-R etc. part of Cliffs of Dover :D I feel awesome now, especially since I mastered it in like 15 minutes.

Unfortunately, I still screw up the transition from one-handed to two-handed playing.

p2gq.jpg

well, today I got round to doing the first 3 tiers again, with picture proof for SH submission, the scores werent great, but most of them were an improvement.

god.. I went into HMV today to have a look for a birthday present for my sister and they had GH3 set up, and I stood and watched this one little kid (about 8) fail RaRaN on easy, then watched his dad fail it on easy again, and I take a go, whack hyperspeed on and put it on expert and get 95%, which is pretty awful for me, and geez, the people look at you like you just came out of a bloody flying saucer. The dad just turned his head and muttered "miss-spent youth"... I mean [bleep]ing come on, thats just downright offensive, and secondly, ITS NOT BLOODY ROCKET SCIENCE! Just because you have all the dexterity and rhythm of a dead sloth doesnt mean its difficult, it just means you're incredibly bad.

Tk5SF.png

well, today I got round to doing the first 3 tiers again, with picture proof for SH submission, the scores werent great, but most of them were an improvement.

god.. I went into HMV today to have a look for a birthday present for my sister and they had GH3 set up, and I stood and watched this one little kid (about 8) fail RaRaN on easy, then watched his dad fail it on easy again, and I take a go, whack hyperspeed on and put it on expert and get 95%, which is pretty awful for me, and geez, the people look at you like you just came out of a bloody flying saucer. The dad just turned his head and muttered "miss-spent youth"... I mean [bleep] come on, thats just downright offensive, and secondly, ITS NOT BLOODY ROCKET SCIENCE! Just because you have all the dexterity and rhythm of a dead sloth doesnt mean its difficult, it just means you're incredibly bad.

:lol: oh gosh, that reminded me of what my parents were like when I used to amount up to 6 hours a day on RS. But yeah, it's really annoying when you're good at a game and the chance you get to show it people only have negative things to say.

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

I remember the first time I played GH3, they had it outside of HMV and I played my friend.

He was on Easy, the guys asked me if I played before (I hadn't touched a GH game ever) and i said no and went to Medium.

Played Suck my Kiss IIRC, I got like 91% and the guys there were like "Are you SURE you've never played this before", I only beat my friend by like 600 points though, as he was on easy he could get his NS up higher more often.

Lol you 91% a medium song on your first ever try. :lol:

Ad an FC on Black Sunshine? I still fail that at 71%. :oops:

Oh, and I've got a video of my dad acting like a REAL 80's noob on Rock And Roll All Nite, I'd upload it, but my USB has decided to screw up. :cry:

My legions of fans:

thestigclipboard.png

Is this game worth buying? Reading the posts here it looks ike it has more depth than I thought.

To answer this question it depends on what type of person you are. It's a game with huge replayability only if you are willing to improve which requires quite a bit of time. Improving your scores and moving up difficulties is a lot of fun. But if you're the type of person who wants instant sanctification it's probably not for you.

Man, that reminds me of a festival that I went to a few weeks ago. They had GH3 set up on a big stage, and whenever someone went up to play the DJ put the feed on all the speakers so the whole place could hear. I watched this kid fail that same song, Rock and Roll All Nite, on hard at the solo.

I wanted to go up there and play Pride and Joy or something, a song most people would know, since you would get an audience gathered around watching the TV screen. But right after that guy failed they packed it away :(

p2gq.jpg

Finally! I finally 5* GH3! I was so close to 600k too, but I missed the star power in 'Solo Fill 1' and I also was choking horribly in 'Almost There...'. Ah well, FC'd 'You Rock!" though :D

[hide=TTFAF, 592,974]throughthefireandflamesqu7.jpg[/hide]

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Is this game worth buying? Reading the posts here it looks ike it has more depth than I thought.

Basically it's a game for the lazy people who can't bother to learn to play a real instrument.

yes. agreed. 100% right. point proven, now theres no need for you to be here anymore.

Tk5SF.png

Lmao at my local best buy they have GH3 set up. I hate playing standing up, so I ususally end up sucking. Hell, I played One on medium, only got 95% and this guy thought I was legend :lol:. I can't imagine if someone like Hellashes walks into a bestbuy and gets 98% on TTFAF on expert. That dude must draw crowds.

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

I'm really irritated at guitar hero right now. I've four-starred One and CoD, 5 starred CoP, and 5 starred the first 5 tiers on expert, and yet the 5 star of The Metal eludes me. I've gotten about 160k (I believe the cutoff is somewhere around 162k), and yet I cannot get a good enough round to add that 2k to me score. I must have tried 15 times last night and 10 this morning and its really bothering me.

EDIT: 5 starred, and Knights of Cydonia is currently 3k away from a five star.

i r tink tht a11 ppl shud use g00d gr@m3r since g00d gr@m3r is ftw.

I have one Fire-star left for Hard. Knights of Cydonia, one of my least favourite songs on Guitar Hero. I'm usually good with fast sequences of strumming, but I just can't seem to get the right tempo. Oh well, at least I have only that left to do.

EDIT: Also I finally FC'd Story of my Life, getting my first 400k+ score while I was at it. Coincidentally, this is my 666th post and I five starred Number of the Beast.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I have one Fire-star left for Hard. Knights of Cydonia, one of my least favourite songs on Guitar Hero. I'm usually good with fast sequences of strumming, but I just can't seem to get the right tempo. Oh well, at least I have only that left to do.

EDIT: Also I finally FC'd Story of my Life, getting my first 400k+ score while I was at it. Coincidentally, this is my 666th post and I five starred Number of the Beast.

I have so many -1 runs on SoML its not even funny. Its a bloody chokefest. Not a single hard bit in the whole song, but its just SO long.

Tk5SF.png

I have so many -1 runs on SoML its not even funny. Its a bloody chokefest. Not a single hard bit in the whole song, but its just SO long.

Yeah, the only reason I was able to stand playing it so much just for the FC was because it's one of my favourite songs on the game. Actually, it might be my favourite. I'm halfway to Enlightened Guitarist now :)

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

http://www.scorehero.com/scores.php?user=172296&group=4&game=8&diff=4

finally got it done. Was expecting to land around the 500 mark for wii, so I'm fairly pleased. I think I managed to get significantly better doing all the reduxing. I reckon I can improve on most of those scores fairly easily.

Tk5SF.png

Guys! Finally beat Raining Blood and One on Hard! \'

Also, my best on TTFAF on hard is now 68%! ::'

I'm still stuck on 89% on Black Sunshine on Expert though -.-

And of course, I'm getting nowhere with beating Lou on Hard, but what the hey, practice makes perfect :thumbsup:

My legions of fans:

thestigclipboard.png

Anyone mentioned the story about that kid who dropped out of school to play GH3?I dont know about you but the few proffesional players have only earned about a $1000 in prize money over the past couple of years,it seem spretty stupid.

tifsdac6mc.gif