Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

Can someone help me with Cliffs of Dover? I can FC the song except for Solo B and that other part that's like Solo B. I can FC it on Slow, but mega-phail on full speed. HALP!? :lol:

I hold firmly that I can FC it as well with a really good day and some more practice on transitioning to tapping. That is what you mean by solo B right, the intro part? If not, I apologize, but that part is really easy to tap. Left hand fingers on the first four buttons, right hand tapping the orange. Hit the others like the orange isn't there.

The whole song is a freakin' choke-fest, though.

Yup, I can FC it on Full Speed now (yes, Intro Solo B). So now the only thing that is messing me up is the transition from the end of Solo A to tapping B.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMFG Iamchris4life just FC'd (884K) Operation Ground And Pond. It just happened NAO. 3200 note streak, he [bleep] up the star power really bad, though.

He also FCed Heroes of our Time, according to his Scorehero thread.

I can't find any specific links at the moment, but he's helping design a new guitar controller for the game. I didn't hear a huge amount about it, but seriously.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Final Scores:

1st: Bongo Man - 429,048

2nd: SaidinWoT - 417,448

3rd: Jaziek - 370,616

Next Song - La Grange

Who signed up on the tour group as Canadianandproud? Could you please post here. Thanks.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Could someone give me a couple tips on finishing for the love of god by steve vai?

I keep failing after the solo where it goes YBYBYBYBYBYBYBYBYBYBYB RYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRY etc

Those types of notes are easily my worst, the only other problem I have is when the notes go GRYBO GRYBO like in raining blood, unless it's like OBYRGRYBO which I do easily for some reason.

Decided to try reduxing some GH:A, since paths have finally been released... Got 3rd on Make It on Live (5th on Scorehero) with one missed (impossible >_>) squeeze. Also found out that if I could learn Baggage Car Solo 2, I could FC TKAR... fun stuff.

Edit: Score on Make It was 274,005... I'm one of only 7 people to break 274k on that song :D

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

After more GH:A reduxing (including a 2nd on Talk Talkin' that XBL failed to recognize >_>) I went back to GH3 for some Operation Ground and Pound attempts... finally, after a day of steady improvement, I got this:

OperationGroundAndPound-1.png

:D :D Achievement Unlocked :D :D

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

I play real guitar now. :lol:

It kind of surprises me how different it is than GH, but I suppose that's to be expected...

What, you mean there's no coloured buttons to press?!?!?!?!?!

Anyway, I went back and finished 5*ing GH:A (Had like 3 bonus songs to do) and Got a -2 on Joe Perry Guitar Battle O_O

On Rock Band I've beaten all songs other than GGaHT, I keep failing at Gtr solo M (There is no Gtr Solo N) which is 95% of the way into the song >_<

GH3 I can finally play again, beat all 3 dragonforce songs once more and was doing really well on DWDTG but fatigue kicked in and I failed at 90% ish :s

It kind of surprises me how different it is than GH, but I suppose that's to be expected...

What, you mean there's no coloured buttons to press?!?!?!?!?!

Anyway, I went back and finished 5*ing GH:A (Had like 3 bonus songs to do) and Got a -2 on Joe Perry Guitar Battle O_O

On Rock Band I've beaten all songs other than GGaHT, I keep failing at Gtr solo M (There is no Gtr Solo N) which is 95% of the way into the song >_<

GH3 I can finally play again, beat all 3 dragonforce songs once more and was doing really well on DWDTG but fatigue kicked in and I failed at 90% ish :s

I think it's really funny that you pwn at Guitar Hero but can't beat GG&HT, when your a lot better then me at Guitar Hero and I can 5* GG&HT easily.

I'm soooo mad. The FC of My Name is Jonas has eluded me forever and today I FC it during an online match....and lost. WTF??? I messed up a star power and used it a tad too late.

Anyways, I figured I could FC in quick play afterwards. Nope. Best run was -5. Didn't even beat my previous high score.

Meh...I'll post the scores later. I'm too pissed atm.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Really? It surprises you?

Now, can someone explain the distinction between games and reality to him? Or will this sudden truth kill him from shock?

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I just got GH3 today. I'd played it at a friend's house before, and forgot just how ridiculous they make the charts. It makes me think they make things dfficult just to make them difficult.

Regardless, I'm working my way up, but I can barely pass the first tier songs on Expert. It'll be a while before I'm posting any scores.

Also, I was wondering if anyone could help me. What's the best way to position your hand on the LP so you can strum and quickly whammy without having to move your hand far, if at all? I can't seem to get my hand there right.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

I just got GH3 today. I'd played it at a friend's house before, and forgot just how ridiculous they make the charts. It makes me think they make things dfficult just to make them difficult.

Regardless, I'm working my way up, but I can barely pass the first tier songs on Expert. It'll be a while before I'm posting any scores.

Also, I was wondering if anyone could help me. What's the best way to position your hand on the LP so you can strum and quickly whammy without having to move your hand far, if at all? I can't seem to get my hand there right.

Just set the whammy bar so you can whammy simply by pressing your hand down, thats how I do it.

i r tink tht a11 ppl shud use g00d gr@m3r since g00d gr@m3r is ftw.

Really? It surprises you?

Now, can someone explain the distinction between games and reality to him? Or will this sudden truth kill him from shock?

It very well might kill me.

But honestly, I should have worded that better.

Number Of The Beast FC! Finally \' the run before this I had choke at the end of Solo 2, and I got it the next run! I finally have at least one FC in all tiers!

thenumberofthebeastexpeld0.jpg

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Do you tap Solo 1? I refuse to try (I fail at tapping...), but I'm horribly inconsistent on switching between the trills :(

Anyways, major grats... someday I'll get that FC >_>

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg