Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

My DLC wasn't freezing today, so I did some stuff:

[hide=So Payaso 1st]SoPayaso.png

8 points over Lo7's score <3[/hide][hide=Exo-Politics Optimal]ExoPolitics-1.png[/hide][hide=This is a Call 2nd]ThisIsACall-1.png

This was 200 points from Lo7 - coincidentally I didn't even attempt the 200 point squeeze in the last activation...[/hide][hide=Sunday Morning 3rd]SundayMorning.png[/hide][hide=Almost Easy 5th]AlmostEasy.png

I can do better! ::'[/hide]

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my first ever FC. It sucked though. Monsoon and it was in a band quickplay. Now when I tilt my guitar SP won't even activate, looks like I wont be playing GH for a while. I'll prolly buy Call Of Duty 4.

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

Got my first ever FC. It sucked though. Monsoon and it was in a band quickplay. Now when I tilt my guitar SP won't even activate, looks like I wont be playing GH for a while. I'll prolly buy Call Of Duty 4.

You could just hit select, or install a star power pedal, it's incredibly easy. If you want you could open up your guitar, takes pictures of both sides of the main circuit board/wherever the star power tilt thing is (depends what guitar your using), and upload them. Then I could probably help you.

You could just hit select, or install a star power pedal, it's incredibly easy. If you want you could open up your guitar, takes pictures of both sides of the main circuit board/wherever the star power tilt thing is (depends what guitar your using), and upload them. Then I could probably help you.

I was gonna open it, can't find my screwdriver. I'm using an Explorer and I was using the back button but its so damn small on the Explorer I break my combo when going for it, and what the hell is a star power pedal?

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

Recently got two new FC's which were completely unexpected and lucky :-#

[hide=Spiderwebs FC + vid]spiderwebs--expert100--358476.jpg

Lol I actually Fc'd this twice, the score in my vid is the first FC with a lower score. I had only practised the trills at the end for about 15 mins, so I was seriously lucky when I got the FC both times.

Vid: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=7THlmHOhVTQ[/hide]

[hide=Stillborn FC + vid]Stillborn--Expert100--253310.jpg

Vid: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=2nVbTHMArqY

Yes! Solo B had given me a few troubles in practice, so when I nailed it in a real run I made sure I didn't choke in Solo C :P[/hide]

This marks 35 FC's for me by the way, I still have a lot of the easier lower tier songs to FC so I should be able to get 40-50 FC's pretty easily. From there on it just gets tougher -.-

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

I was gonna open it, can't find my screwdriver. I'm using an Explorer and I was using the back button but its so damn small on the Explorer I break my combo when going for it, and what the hell is a star power pedal?

There are lots of Xplorer back button mods, they all include something like taping a penny to the back button, then taping a piece of cardboard to the penny so you just press the big piece of cardboard for back. A star power pedal is when you connect a mono headphone jack to the select button on the main circuit board (soldering), then you plug in some kind of trigger (Rock Band drum pedal works great) and you press the pedal to activate star power.

I'm starting to think that my widescreen tv is having a negative effect on my playing. I FC'ed Hotel California's solo in band play as well as having phenomenal runs on Satch Boogie and Sweet Home Alabama, and I think it's because the notes aren't stretched out horizontally like when the fretboard takes up the whole screen. Harder to see that way.

p2gq.jpg

I'm starting to think that my widescreen tv is having a negative effect on my playing. I FC'ed Hotel California's solo in band play as well as having phenomenal runs on Satch Boogie and Sweet Home Alabama, and I think it's because the notes aren't stretched out horizontally like when the fretboard takes up the whole screen. Harder to see that way.

It's ALWAYS "widescreen", I play on a standard 17" monitor and it's widescreen for me with no option to change it. Black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

So after about a month of WT I thought I was good enough at real HOPOs to finally go back to GH3 and try One the only song I havent beatn.

I beat it :twss: .

What pisses me off is on Lou, I got the whammy where I needed it on the first run and wasnt paying attention to Lous side; and didnt realize he was on the long green string until he was halfway through it -.-

So I got GH3 for 360, and also bought a used 360 Les Paul. It's so much better then my SG, though not as cool. I think there is something about 360 that just makes me better, my first run on TTFAF on it I got 380k (my Wii highscore was 375K), then my second run I got 411k! Four stars ftw! Also now I can consistently tap the intro, even if my method is weird. I tap the red with my left hand (I play lefty) and use my right hand for everything else while anchoring green with the right hand. It stretches my right hand weird but doesn't hurt and it looks really cool :D

Also, tomorrow humor4fun is releasing his Wii customs tool that makes it incredibly easy to make Wii custom discs (called TheGHOST, look it up on Scorehero) and I have 50+ custom songs ready to add, I can't wait.

RIP Les Paul Whammy Bar

Oct 21 2007-Nov 27 2008

Looks like I have to buy a newtar now.

You can fix it... Explain exactly whats wrong then open it up and take a picture and I'll help you. Broken whammy bars can always be fixed unless you smashed the main component inside of the guitar with a hammer or something :lol:

first of all how do i open the guitar? those screws are weird. it just sort of died. it falls flat and doesnt have a springy action. When I shake the guitar I hear something moving, so i would guess something broke off.

Yeah, you were whammying to hard and you snapped the tab on the bottom of the whammy holder. Happened to my SG and Stratocaster.

The solution is to have the end of the whammy bar pointing away from the guitar and pull the whammy bar up on long notes

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

first of all how do i open the guitar? those screws are weird. it just sort of died. it falls flat and doesnt have a springy action. When I shake the guitar I hear something moving, so i would guess something broke off.

Yeah, you were whammying to hard and you snapped the tab on the bottom of the whammy holder. Happened to my SG and Stratocaster.

The solution is to have the end of the whammy bar pointing away from the guitar and pull the whammy bar up on long notes

I whammy like that for fun sometimes :lol:

To open your guitar you need a T9 screwdriver, and if something broke, you should go to guitarheroparts and buy either a spring, or a whammy repair kit. I'm not sure exactly what the repair kit gives you but I know GHP is a trustworthy site.

I whammy like that for fun sometimes :lol:

To open your guitar you need a T9 screwdriver, and if something broke, you should go to guitarheroparts and buy either a spring, or a whammy repair kit. I'm not sure exactly what the repair kit gives you but I know GHP is a trustworthy site.

Or use the rubber band trick to hold it in place, I'm not explaining it, just search on youtube.

I'm here to ask about GH3 and GHWT for the PS3. I'm thinking about buying it, I'm asking if there is anything wrong with em. Note that I'd be using the WT guitar, not the piece of crap PS3 LP. Thanks in advance!

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Or use the rubber band trick to hold it in place, I'm not explaining it, just search on youtube.

I'm here to ask about GH3 and GHWT for the PS3. I'm thinking about buying it, I'm asking if there is anything wrong with em. Note that I'd be using the WT guitar, not the piece of crap PS3 LP. Thanks in advance!

From my knowledge the only thing wrong with GH3 for the PS3 is the Les Paul controller, as it has been reported by almost every player that it's very faulty (e.g., randomly dropping holds, whammy bar not giving SP, faulty strum bar, frets frequently unresponsive, major lag). However, the GHWT guitar has fixed that problem for PS3 players. It works perfectly fine for GH3 and doesn't cause any problems like the Les Paul.

On another note, I recently just FC'd this!

NeverTooLate--Expert100--343734.jpg

I'm extremely happy that I got this, I was afraid of choking after I hit the intro :D

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

The general outcry for an recall of the drums (and some guitars) is getting pretty serious on the Guitar Hero Official Forums. I expect the recall to appear sometime after the holidays only because they don't want low holiday sales, so why recall it now?

As for me, I am still without drums because no Toys R' Us stores are in stock.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

going for everlong and re-education through labour, mainly because of the leagues, but they're good songs as well.

Got -1 on both, but the re-education path is bloody impossible.

I completely made up my path on Re-Education, screwed it up twice, and ended up in 17th overall for the Wii (if I had a SH that is) and a lot further down but still up there on all systems. I know a better one if I can be bothered reduxing, it would probably get me 15k+ more points. Never looked up a SP path in my life :P

p2gq.jpg

Man I'm so terrible at this game :lol:

Just going back through and beating GH2 on expert.

I dont think ive ever got a FC on expert. My closest one was a -1 I think, on a freaking super easy song. -.-

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!