Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

no the guitar hero 3 guitar cant be used with the guitar hero 2 game because the guitar hero 2 game was built only for 1 and 2

Really? I thought a guitar was a guitar. I know the Guitar Hero guitars work with Rock Band and stuff. I would've assumed that the new guitars work with all the previous games.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no the guitar hero 3 guitar cant be used with the guitar hero 2 game because the guitar hero 2 game was built only for 1 and 2

Really? I thought a guitar was a guitar. I know the Guitar Hero guitars work with Rock Band and stuff. I would've assumed that the new guitars work with all the previous games.

The Guitar Hero III guitar DOES work with GH2. I just got the second game for Christmas and it works fine. I have the 360 version so I suppose other consoles controllers may not work with their versions of the game, but I don't see why they would be different.

Pixeloaded.jpg

Just beat Cliffs of Dover on Expert! \'

Only Raining Blood left + Lou Battle. ::'

(Btw, I took over the overall groupie lead from ya runescapeloser22 :P )

wth?! tell me how to beat One and NoTB!!!

Cliffs of Dover is the easiest song out of that set!!!

Ok. To beat One, when the solo starts hold down the lowest button on the hammer-on tower and then play the other two like a trill.

o

Finally beat jordan on expert!

My Scorehero page : http://www.scorehero.com/scores.php?use ... e=5&diff=4

80-9.gif

Impossible Test

Just beat Cliffs of Dover on Expert! \'

Only Raining Blood left + Lou Battle. ::'

(Btw, I took over the overall groupie lead from ya runescapeloser22 :P )

Haha, that's just because my parents aren't letting me play as much :XD:

Riku: On One, just make sure your Rock Meter is all the way Green before the solo and that you have FULL STAR POWER, if you use star power on a point before the Fast Solo A, practice it until you don't need it at all until the Solos. Try to last about 2-3 seconds on FSA then use star power, the rest of the solos are pretty easy. To get past it tho, just drum your fingers over the 3 notes while alt-strumming fast (thats what I did, and I never got into the red :lol: )

No advice on NoTB, sorry. My friend can get 99% on that song :XD:

Just tried set 7 on hard. . . the only song that I didn't fail on within thirty seconds was Knights of Cydonia :XD: .

I'm going to have a crazy time getting those down.

p2gq.jpg

Just tried set 7 on hard. . . the only song that I didn't fail on within thirty seconds was Knights of Cydonia :XD: .

I Think I'ma have a crazy time just getting the first tier done lol, I thought using blue was bad but now orange, I'm skurred :anxious:

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Which, ironically, is the hardest one of the set.

F***kin' fast notes. FINGERS DON'T MOVE THAT FAST, DAMNIT.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

practice, practice, practice

you'd hate one, raining blood, and number of the beast on hard then

one, the only expert song of the last set that i've beaten, and still can't get past welcome to the jungle

Perhaps, but not at the beginning.

It's not moving the fingers that's the problem for me, it's seeing which notes are flying at you in that wall and in what order.

p2gq.jpg

I used some the tips in the tourtial and its easy with fast notes 8-)

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

My pinky finger cant move that fast and it isnt long.

Those hammer ons are so tough for me, anyone got tips?

I really wanna complete TFAF

We need more information to help you...

What can you do now? What difficulty of ttfatf? ect.

If you can't do simple hammer-ons or the orange, forget about ttfatf on expert/hard, maybe even medium if you cant move your fingers very fast

well, after my catastrophic memory card wipe I'm now back up to Cult of Personality on expert but I'm damned if I can do it again <.<

God that song. It was the song that got me the "Fail 10 times on a single song" achievement. It was weird though. I could never beat but the one time I did, I four starred it.

THERE IS NO NEED TO USE YOUR PINKY FINGER IN THIS GAME

seriously i'm 13 and my index finger and ring finger can reach from green to orange easily

index finger on red, middle finger on yellow, ring finger on blue, move when nesscicary

(before anyone says that i'm not suitable to give advice i only need to finish One, NotB, and RB on expert)

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

seriously i'm 13 and my index finger and ring finger can reach from green to orange easily

index finger on red, middle finger on yellow, ring finger on blue, move when nesscicary

(before anyone says that i'm not suitable to give advice i only need to finish One, NotB, and RB on expert)

It should be noted that for most people, it would be easier to use the pinky once they get used to it to do the long hammer ons in fast solos in stuff. Logically, it just makes sense that four fingers would be better than three if you can get used to it.

It should be noted that for most people, it would be easier to use the pinky once they get used to it to do the long hammer ons in fast solos in stuff. Logically, it just makes sense that four fingers would be better than three if you can get used to it.

umm is it cheating to do those long hammer-ons with my single index finger? :oops:

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

umm is it cheating to do those long hammer-ons with my single index finger? :oops:

Not if you can do it. That's crazy though. I often do three notes or so but I haven't really tried to do any longer than that. Kudos to you though.

Eh, I've been trying to use all of my fingers in as many ways possible. It would probably be more beneficial to increase your overall dexterity.

Plus, if I don't use my pinky it curls up and can cramp really bad :( .

In other news, I beat Stricken, but the rest of set seven still owns me. I got the intro to Before I Forget down, only to fail on the verses. . . And 3's & 7's, my God. Ima have to go in slow and figure out what the hell those notes are.

I got to almost 90 percent on Knights of Cydonia before I failed :evil: . It just wears me out. The others I think are harder, but Knights is just repeat. . . repeat. . . repeat. . .

p2gq.jpg