Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

So, I got this game a while ago, played a total of about a week now. This was my first time ever playing any guitar hero, except for liek 1 song on easy at a friends. So right now im up to the last tier on Hard career. I can do Cliffs of Dover, but the other 3 songs have screwed me over. Anyone have some tips?

Well for 'One', make sure you have full star power to save you in Fast Solo A.

'Number of the Beast' shouldn't cause too much trouble, you can bomb the solo's and still make it through.

'Raining Blood' will cause you the most trouble, save your star power for Mosh 1, and only use it when your about to fail, because Mosh 1 lasts pretty long. After that, it's pretty easy to pass.

Good luck with Lou, it's a huge jump from Medium to Hard.

I beat Number of the Beast now, trying One, but I don't think you even get star power on raining blood until Mosh 1 =/. Well, I'll be stuck for a little...

I also started the expert career, i'm on tier 5 atm.

Well for Raining Blood the first two star powers are in the Drizzle and Hard Rain sections, so you'll have star power when you enter Mosh 1. Good luck though, even star power can't save you sometimes :shock:

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm leaving for vacation on Saturday, so someone will have to take over for a week.

And it's not going to be me this time, as I'm leaving early tomorrow morning ;) .

Any volunteers?

p2gq.jpg

I can handle the competition for a while if you PM me with how long things are supposed to be and such.

And for personal achievements from today:

Top 300 on Xbox Live (Rank 288 as of posting)

500k on Before I Forget (very stupid mistakes means I could go farther)

500k on Number of the Beast (not so many things to fix here...)

300,007 on Cliffs of Dover (<3 this song - Got 300k literally at the last second)

579,985 on One (WHERE IS MY 580k?!?)

1m Co-op Achievement (Thanks to DarkDude98, who couldn't get the achievement himself for some reason :-s )

Yay progress :D

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

I managed to beat One and Raining Blood finally, for One it took a couple of tries (I kept on failing at around 90% or something) Raining Blood was weird, I hadn't tried it in a long time because it was so hard, and I tried it and beat it on my first try. I just activated star power on Mosh 1, and randomly mashed buttons and made it through with the rock meter really close to failing. The rest of the song after Mosh 1 is easy. Now I'm stuck on Lou..

out of the blue this morning I 4*ed CoD, even though most of the time I struggle to pass it. Heh. I had jesus fingers this morning. Even so, I've worked out why I was failing at CoD and I'm gonna have a serious bash at getting 5*s because the only thing I'm bad at is the verse.

Tk5SF.png

Final Scores:

1st: Bongo Man - 277,122

2nd: SaidinWoT - 275,726

3rd: Dadieseldude05 - 274,234

Next Song: Metal Heavy Lady

SaidinWoT is gonna take over posting scores/songs for the next week. Thanks again for volunteering! =D> =D>

Cya in a week! 8-)

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Final Scores:

1st: Bongo Man - 277,122

2nd: SaidinWoT - 275,726

3rd: Dadieseldude05 - 274,234

Next Song: Metal Heavy Lady

SaidinWoT is gonna take over posting scores/songs for the next week. Thanks again for volunteering! =D> =D>

Cya in a week! 8-)

Have a good trip! The majority of my summer is going to be spent at the gym and outside getting in shape, but sadly no trips :(

FMAsig.jpg

Stopped taking part in this a while ago - decided I was too rubbish to play, and Saidin is a newb.

Some random pictures.

[hide=uber fail]DSC00010.jpg[/hide]

This was a while ago - now I can do that song every time, on the last notes at the end I pressed the wrong button >_<

[hide=TTFATF fail #1]DSC00016.jpg[/hide]

My first time getting past the intro, and I fail to 81% :(

[hide=FC'D]DSC00184.jpg[/hide]

Up to 9 or so FCs now, that's just one of them I took a picture of.

[hide=TTFATF fail #2]DSC00041.jpg[/hide]

2% improvement on last time - failed at 83% multiple times, never got past this :(

[hide=Online pwnage]DSC00017.jpg[/hide]

Can't remember what song it was, I know I played rubbish at it, and still won by 18 points :D

Breezed straight through Tier 7 Expert, excpet BIF. Finally got through that, beat COP in *1* try :D , beat Cliffd of Dover, Number of the Beast, and One, all in just one try. Now I'm stuck on Raining Blood :wall:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I have progress!

Top 175 on Xbox Live (Rank 174 as of posting)

608k on Number of the Beast (-10 run with stupid mistakes as well!)

545k on Before I Forget (-1 run!)

280k on Black Sunshine (-3 run... missed in the easy part :( )

13.5m career score

Probably something else I hadn't mentioned yet, but that's all that sticks out in my mind.

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

FINALLY beat Raining Blood on hard! Lou is too much though.......

To beat Lou, when you get to the spot where I think it's the second battle item, you need it to be a Whammy attack. If it's not restart and hope it is. When you get it wait for a long stream of greens on his side, use it as soon as soon as he needs to be hitting them. instant ko!

credit to ugafan_2009 a while ago for posting this, I'll never forget this tip as it helped me beat the game :D

FINALLY! 5* RaBL!! I'll get a setlist pic of it as well as my score for Metal Heavy Lady afterwards :D

So I just need to 5* NFMH (pain in the [wagon] :x ) and TTFAF, then I can work on some more FC's (17 as of now).

FMAsig.jpg

Oh yeah, 5*s... that's what I forgot.

Finally 5*-ed Take This Life and The Way It Ends (I hadn't played either in months), meaning I officially have 5*-ed GH3 (ignoring DLC ;) )

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

First off, MHL score...

metalheavyladyexpert100vt9.jpg

Right now I'm seriously pissed off. After I continued when I re-fc'd MHL, the game froze at the save screen where you can't turn off the console. I left it for about 30mins praying that it would continue, but it was still frozen. I had no choice but to turn it off and, you guessed it, my GH3 save file got corrupt and I lost EVERYTHING. Luckily about 3 weeks ago I decided to copy my GH3 save file onto my second memory card, so I still have some stuff left. But now I have to go back and re-fc about 11 songs, and 5* about 8 songs, including The Way it Ends AND Raining Blood, which was a COMPLETE luck run. This is going to be fun...

FMAsig.jpg

Final Scores:

1st: Bongo Man - 191,166

2nd: SaidinWoT - 191,118

3rd: istolethepie - 173,482

Next Song: Hit Me With Your Best Shot

Personally Bongo Man, I hate you now ;) I suck at squeezing anything, so my only advantage in this competition is on songs few other people are good at :(

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg