Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the Dream On is only a valid offer if you already downloaded it (I was able to successfully redownload it from the link DarkDude provided).

And wild goat, while learning to shift is excellent, learning to stretch and shift will always be superior. The more flexibility you have, the better it is (especially for fast zigzags of GRYOYRG and the like - no shifting necessary if you can stretch). To answer Ginger's question, I'm just under 6'1".

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

I've been trying out my new digital camera for recording, have two epic choked runs of Cherub rock (missed the 3rd from last note I think it was, the yellow hammeron right after the fast strumming bit in the outro.

Need to wait until tomorrow before I try some more as it was far too quiet as it's 3:30 in the morning so can't have volume on very loud. Hopefully I can get an FC recorded tomorrow just to test it.

Why were you playing at 3:30 in the morning?? Surely you would have been half asleep (or half awake depending how you look at things) making your chances of FCing the song less likely :?

Oh well sorry about that, good luck on FCing it.

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2009/01/finally-a-guita.html

its one of those things on the internet that just fills you with the purest form of rage. The killing intent is so huge, you're in a bad mood for days with absolutely everybody.

Oh God. That's just awful. :?

Why were you playing at 3:30 in the morning?? Surely you would have been half asleep (or half awake depending how you look at things) making your chances of FCing the song less likely :?

Oh well sorry about that, good luck on FCing it.

Because I was awake then and had nothing better to do :P

Here's the Cherub Rock choke I was talking about.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uII5_w0pEA0

As I don't want to triple post:

Don't Speak Re-FC 420,494, 404 improvement on my last score which is a 10 place gain on Score hero :o

Ranked 15th on Scorehero (16th all platforms) and 20th on XBL.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6WuS40pIQi8

Was uploading all my scores to scorehero finally the past 2 days. Highest ranking on expert guitar is #5 for G.L.O.W. which I was really surprised! I thought I messed up starpower and activated on a really bad spot.

Also #7 for Dammit on bass. I'm still uploading most of my bass scores though so some may be higher.

EDIT: (All rankings are for Wii and not overall. Just realized that.)

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Was uploading all my scores to scorehero finally the past 2 days. Highest ranking on expert guitar is #5 for G.L.O.W. which I was really surprised! I thought I messed up starpower and activated on a really bad spot.

Also #7 for Dammit on bass. I'm still uploading most of my bass scores though so some may be higher.

Way to be studying :lol:

p2gq.jpg

Way to be studying :lol:

Pfft...only taking a break. :roll:

Apparently you aren't either since you're on here. ;)

*goes to "study" *

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

-5 on VinterknollS. So very close.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Played GH for the first time in about... 4-5 months after getting stuck on Mosh 1 on Raining Blood. I've gotten rusty D: I'm still able to beat any song on expert of moderate difficulty, but I'm missing a lot more notes, especially orange ones. It seems I've forgotten what I've been doing to hit them :?

Thanks Diesel sorry if I spam the recent performances with crappy 3 star hard performances :|

How big is the difference between hard and expert like is Satch Boogie on hard the same difficulty as Livin on a Prayer on expert?

Thanks Diesel sorry if I spam the recent performances with crappy 3 star hard performances :|

How big is the difference between hard and expert like is Satch Boogie on hard the same difficulty as Livin on a Prayer on expert?

Haha no problem. I never pay attention to the recent performances anyways because they are usually:

1. Outdated

2. Buggy and do not format correctly

3. Completely Wrong

It's been that way ever since they released the new website.

Can't help you with the hard--->expert transition. I've been focusing on expert only so far on GH:WT. I haven't even played a song on hard yet.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Satch boogie hard is maybe the same difficulty as Love Spreads on expert? ::'

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Hmm okay thanks for that makes me feel better about the difficulty of expert ::'

Okay wtf I just tried expert Bass and managed to FC No Sleep Till Brooklyn first time and actually got rank 110 on PS3 making up my own SP path, I also got -3 on What I've Done I know I can FC that I'll try it again later this afternoon and hopefully FC it.

About where would ~218k on Cult of Personality expert place?

in what rankings?

a score of 218k exactly would place you 8624th on scorehero.

Yeah I was gonna say, nowhere near anything of significance. My score of around 258k would put me somewhere in the 4-5 thousandth range. SH is ridiculous sometimes.

Speaking of SH, I shall be uploading my scores to it tomorrow. Three games' worth. Fun.

In the final stages of editing for two custom songs and have a 20-second Intro song finished. Once I've come up with a third full-length song I'll be uploading them in the first official release from my virtual band!

Yeah it's cheesy but it should be fun. I think the songs are pretty good too, for what you can get out of the music studio.

p2gq.jpg