The Gielinor Tribune: 2nd Edition!

junka666

They removed the 1 minute restriction...? Where was this announced? Just last week my members was out so I had nothing to do but report autoers (and FM), and I still got the "You sent a report less than 60 seconds ago blah blah..." message.

Nope, jst rechecked it now, no limit for reporting macroers. They didn't announce it anywhere, though.

Apparently there still is for non-members...

60secbh5.png

That makes a lot of sense, F2P is where most of the autos are...

Whats the use of having it in P2P but not in F2P? Jagex have gone crazy... :shock:

~Angat14~

2eprbpj.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Section 5: Real-World Trading

Even Zezima's brother owns one of these sites.

I assume you made this up to sound important?

Please tell me where you got this 'fact'. :shame:

zezima's site had a link to his brothers site, which sold rs stuff for real money.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

Please provide me with a link to either site, as long as they are safe (no keyloggers)

well, i can't give you zezima's site, because the day after, it was changed due to construction, but here's the brother's site:

zez's bro

it doesn't say here that it's his bro, but that evidence was destroyed when zez's site went under construction.

?r=191108

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

yeah, what he said. i just found a way to look like i'm holding tip.it hostage, thanks to my new gun cursor.

?r=191108

A nice entertaining read, for the most part (I even laughed at the reference to bronze "rusting" :-w ) )

Howevr, I totally disgree with the premise of the second article which starts with the following sentence :

"The economy is by far the most important part of runescape, everyone is affected by it, and everyone relies on it, whether you buy your fish for pking, or you buy logs for 99 fletching, or you merchant for a nice mask."

IMO the RS economy is NOT the most important part of the game, it is just a small part of the overall experaince. It also goes without saying that not everyone relies on it (it's like saying all under 12's are immature and rude). People who play the game the way it was intended do not rely on the ecomony. Countering your examples some people actually catch their fish for pking, or actually cut their own logs for 99 fletching - this is the way the game was intended to be played. The economy and merchanting are really examples of the "emergent" gameplay scenario. I, and I am sure there are many more like-minded people, am in no way affected by the economy, if I want food, I catch it, or cook it, if I make something I either sell it to a store, or alch it (making money and improving Mage skill),if I want a whip I will work to get 85 slayer and then kill Abyssal Demons until I get one etc. etc. This gives me far more satisfaction then wasting my time standing in a bank yelling "selling xxx".

A nice entertaining read, for the most part (I even laughed at the reference to bronze "rusting" :-w ) )

Howevr, I totally disgree with the premise of the second article which starts with the following sentence :

"The economy is by far the most important part of runescape, everyone is affected by it, and everyone relies on it, whether you buy your fish for pking, or you buy logs for 99 fletching, or you merchant for a nice mask."

IMO the RS economy is NOT the most important part of the game, it is just a small part of the overall experaince. It also goes without saying that not everyone relies on it (it's like saying all under 12's are immature and rude). People who play the game the way it was intended do not rely on the ecomony. Countering your examples some people actually catch their fish for pking, or actually cut their own logs for 99 fletching - this is the way the game was intended to be played. The economy and merchanting are really examples of the "emergent" gameplay scenario. I, and I am sure there are many more like-minded people, am in no way affected by the economy, if I want food, I catch it, or cook it, if I make something I either sell it to a store, or alch it (making money and improving Mage skill),if I want a whip I will work to get 85 slayer and then kill Abyssal Demons until I get one etc. etc. This gives me far more satisfaction then wasting my time standing in a bank yelling "selling xxx".

work with us here, m8. most ppl aren't as patient as you apparently are. oh, and malo, i got cursor mania. actually, i got it along with screensavers and smilie central

?r=191108

we all know you can do that, but, name me one person who has never made a single trade before. How long do you think it would take you to get a decent account with decent items if you never trade? you would need 97 smithing if you want full rune, kill kq on your own if you want a dchain, and do tens of thousands of lvl 3 clues if you want any 3rd age set.

oh, and malo, i got cursor mania. actually, i got it along with screensavers and smilie central
well congrats on your successful attempts in packing your comp with adware :? :(

we all know you can do that, but, name me one person who has never made a single trade before.

I'm not saying that I don't trade. If I see someone wanting something I have in excess I will trade, but normally it is either single items (eg rune helm) or small amounts. Again this is the way the game was intended to be played, not people merchanting thousands of a single item to people who want a quick way to lev 99 in a skill.

How long do you think it would take you to get a decent account with decent items if you never trade?

Depends on what you define as a "decent account". I consider my account "decent". I have the majoritory of my stats around 70-80, combat level of 106, several sets of Rune armour, dragon legs and skirt, some 3rd Age Armour. 75% of quests done and around 4M in the bank. I agree its a hard slog to achieve this without merchanting (note merchanting NOT trading) as it has taken me around 4 years to achieve this. In fact if the game were any easier I would have quit ages ago.

you would need 97 smithing if you want full rune, kill kq on your own if you want a dchain, and do tens of thousands of lvl 3 clues if you want any 3rd age set.

You don't need 97 smithing to get full rune. Just kill the appropriate monsters. That way you not only get your precious Rune armour, but improve your combat skill stats. you will also increase other stats, eg. hernlore from the herbs these monsters also drop or farming from the seeds they also drop etc.etc. Plus, prayer from burying the bones and, of course, gold (which co-incidently a lot of people leave laying around).

You don't have to kill KQ on your own to get dChain. You can also get from Dust Devils (provided you meet the requirements). I go and kill a few when I feel like it and eventually I WILL get one.

I agree about the 3rd Age sets. At the moment I have one item from each set and I know it will take me a long while to get all three sets unless I am extremely lucky. However, when I do it will be another achievement that I can say I did by my own efforts.

In summary you just need patience and eventually you will get what you want. The problem is that a large proportion of the RS community (just like the RealLife community) are impatient and want items NOW and want to achieve this without working too hard to get them, It is these same people who would RWT or risk autoing just to reduce the effort needed. IMO it is also these people who are runing the game.

as you just said, the MAJORITY likes to get stuff "NOW" and are too impatient to wait. so, you just proved us right. =D> =D> =D>

?r=191108

Please provide me with a link to either site, as long as they are safe (no keyloggers)

well, i can't give you zezima's site, because the day after, it was changed due to construction, but here's the brother's site:

zez's bro

it doesn't say here that it's his bro, but that evidence was destroyed when zez's site went under construction.

That's probably just some site someone made up because the name Zezima is well-known on runescape...

I don't believe that that is his brother, sorry.

It isn't good to post things in a newspaper without acurate sources.. Just saying, "It used to say so on a site that isn't there anymore" is NOT enough.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

malo2 wrote:

A nice entertaining read, for the most part (I even laughed at the reference to bronze "rusting" ) )

we all know you can do that, but, name me one person who has never made a single trade before.

That's like saying that because everybody's equipped something at least once, the whole of RuneScape is about equipping things, or because everybody in RuneScape is either male or female the purpose of playing RS is being male/female.

Oh yeah, and I don't think giving out addresses for rwt websites is a good idea.

Depends on what you define as a "decent account". I consider my account "decent". I have the majoritory of my stats around 70-80, combat level of

You don't have to kill KQ on your own to get dChain. You can also get from Dust Devils (provided you meet the requirements). I go and kill a few when I feel like it and eventually I WILL get one.

In summary you just need patience and eventually you will get what you want. The problem is that a large proportion of the RS community (just like the RealLife community) are impatient and want items NOW and want to achieve this without working too hard to get them, It is these same people who would RWT or risk autoing just to reduce the effort needed. IMO it is also these people who are runing the game.

you don't et it, nobody is planning to spend 5 years to get 1600 total, of course its possible to get 2277 total, all stats at 200m xp, all 3d age sets ect, all on your own, I never said you cant do that. What I did say is that it would be extremely difficult (read what people say before you respond), and nobody in the game has gone on and gotten good stats and items without trading, that's why the economy is almost inevitable.

What I clearly said is that the only way you can avoid the economy is if you never trade or interact with anyone. If you read what I said before responding, you would have known that I never said anything about it being impossible, just extremely difficult and a waste of time. I don't even know why I'm responding to you :?

malo2 wrote:

A nice entertaining read, for the most part (I even laughed at the reference to bronze "rusting" ) )

That's like saying that because everybody's equipped something at least once, the whole of RuneScape is about equipping things, or because everybody in RuneScape is either male or female the purpose of playing RS is being male/female.

Oh yeah, and I don't think giving out addresses for rwt websites is a good idea.

the ultimate point of the game is to get items, stats, and quest points, as well as other minor set achievements, such as the achievement diary or mini games. Things like talking to friends/people, and other things that don't fit in to what I said above, are just additional parts to the game too make it more fun.

zez's bro

That's probably just some site someone made up because the name Zezima is well-known on runescape...

I don't believe that that is his brother, sorry.

It isn't good to post things in a newspaper without acurate sources.. Just saying, "It used to say so on a site that isn't there anymore" is NOT enough.

it was an acurate source. listen, you don't have to believe it. just don't argue about it. if you don't think that it's acurate, then don't, just leave me alone.

?r=191108

the ultimate point of the game is to get items, stats, and quest points, as well as other minor set achievements, such as the achievement diary or mini games. Things like talking to friends/people, and other things that don't fit in to what I said above, are just additional parts to the game too make it more fun.

I thought your article said that the economy is the most important part of runescape, but whatever. Also, you don't have to quote my post if yours is completely unrelated.

I thought your article said that the economy is the most important part of runescape, but whatever. Also, you don't have to quote my post if yours is completely unrelated.

it is the most important part, without the economy it would become extremely difficult to get to a good lvl. The game was designed (like every other game) so that every player does something in a certain part of the game, and then trades with players working in a different area, so they can then lvl many stats fast without having to obtain the necessary supplies themselves. Thats how every good game is designed, thats why the trade option is there.

Depends on what you define as a "decent account". I consider my account "decent". I have the majoritory of my stats around 70-80, combat level of

you don't et it, nobody is planning to spend 5 years to get 1600 total, of course its possible to get 2277 total, all stats at 200m xp, all 3d age sets ect, all on your own, I never said you cant do that. What I did say is that it would be extremely difficult (read what people say before you respond), and nobody in the game has gone on and gotten good stats and items without trading, that's why the economy is almost inevitable.

What I clearly said is that the only way you can avoid the economy is if you never trade or interact with anyone. If you read what I said before responding, you would have known that I never said anything about it being impossible, just extremely difficult and a waste of time. I don't even know why I'm responding to you :?

All I was trying to do was to point out that the economy is NOT the MOST important aspect of RS and not EVERYONE in RS relies on it which is what the opening statement in the article states. Different people play the game in different ways. To people like me the accessibility and availability of resources is just as important, if not more. So, rather than start flaming each other. let us just agree to disagrre and let other people be the judge on whose opinion is the most correct.

nice one, i did say i would halp the onyx times but now it seems allthe spaces are filled that i could do. wwould i be like alowed to just give you guest articles.

Would you like to apply for a job? PM me..