85 - 90 slayer: who's making the jump?

Socrates

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd also like to know if there is anyone with 90 slayer who isn't combat maxed?

Not maxed out? How about being 90 Slayer with no 99's at all? :thumbsup:

I'm glad I got to 90, because using Wild Pies does not sound fun at all. Inventory is already going to be tight with Mourner's Gear and Prayer Pots.

Anybody think Jagex will create a new place to kill Dark Beasts, like the Fairy Ring Abby Demon spot?

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

I'm glad I got to 90, because using Wild Pies does not sound fun at all. Inventory is already going to be tight with Mourner's Gear and Prayer Pots.....

Kind of off-topic but,correct me if i am wrong, cant u use the abyss to the death altar and then go through the temple out to the Dark beasts?

Ok,that gonna cost u 1 prayer pot to make up for the prayer drain but you saved yourself the need for morners gear....

Kind of off-topic but,correct me if i am wrong, cant u use the abyss to the death altar and then go through the temple out to the Dark beasts?

Ok,that gonna cost u 1 prayer pot to make up for the prayer drain but you saved yourself the need for morners gear....

If you can, we are going to be seeing a different type of Abyss PKer. Players around level 120 who don't have 90 Slayer camping out near the mage. Forget about a Glory and D'hide, imagine how much those 90 Slayers will lose.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

If you can, we are going to be seeing a different type of Abyss PKer. Players around level 120 who don't have 90 Slayer camping out near the mage. Forget about a Glory and D'hide, imagine how much those 90 Slayers will lose.

well...you can always take the long path to Klank(under Iban temple) and use the back door to Thorgal , from there the road is clear

Yeah I know what ya'll mean. I'm at 89 slayer right now, and a friend and I made 143 wild pies just in case the update came out today (but thankfully it didn't and so I have another week!). I was planning on going to like 95 or 99 slayer anyway, so I guess my timing is pretty good. I should have 90 before it comes out. :)

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

Lol at all abby campers that need 5 lvls to my 2 :lol:. Almost 89 Slayer and the update is at least a week away. 89 with pies is a definate lock. 90 is a strong possibility.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

I got 85 slayer, camped at abby demons for str 90 to 99. Regret it a bit, but well, still got def to finish. I'll first see if the bow is worth it though.

**Sciz, Slayer of Full Dragon**dpiconani212tk1.gif

-97/99 Slayer

-Green partyhat

-Combat 133

As im only 65 slayer, i don't think ill be making the jump, 90 slayer in 2 weeks, i do like a challenge :-w

I know somebody who is already at 90 slayer (i don't think he'l mind me mentioning his name), 'kgold6', but he's not maxed in melee stats, 97 att, 96 str, 95 def.

He did say that he's dropped 80 ish slayer ranks since the update was announced though shows that people are making the jump.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

This new bow really isn't going to cost that much, from my predictions. If they would have released it as a surprise, the bow would be worth tons. But now, with the thousands of people that already 90+ slayer, atleast a thousand more people will probably get 90 this month. Then, on the update day, everyone will rush to the dark beasts. It will be crowded and the first day prices will probably not be that high, unless the bow turns out to be amazing. After the hype dies down, the price will probably settle somewhere in the 3m range for awhile.

The only reason whips ever started off so high was because so few people had the level in the beginning. Now, tons of people have the time to get their level up. Prices won't be as high as most of you are expecting, unless this bow is reeeeally awesome.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I get the feeling it would have been better to make the bow MUCH more powerful, and release it as a new lvl 95 slayer monster drop.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Going to go insane and do 300k a day till 90 before update and get mega-millions from dark bows. I shall destroy them all!

so you're going to get 1.2m regular combat exp a day?

Cannon...

Going to go insane and do 300k a day till 90 before update and get mega-millions from dark bows. I shall destroy them all!

you are talking about 15-18 slaying hours a day.....

that never gonna happen

It isn't? Well, if I play from 8 AM to 12 AM every day... er, isn't that 16 hours?

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

so you're going to get 1.2m regular combat exp a day?

Cannon...

Not all tasks are cannonable, i'd say most of them are not.

you are talking about 15-18 slaying hours a day.....

that never gonna happen

It isn't? Well, if I play from 8 AM to 12 AM every day... er, isn't that 16 hours?

I tell you this,if u gonna get to 90 before the update a nice little present will be waiting for u at edge bank world 26....

i found the concept art of the bow if you want to see then check my thread about development diaries

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

I am =]

Though I was at 86 When they announced it

I won't be maxed when I get 90 Slayer, I 'have 99 Attack, 99 Hp, 85 Ranged, 97 or 98 Def and 96 Str

So yeah

dragonmfmcape,Sepher327.gif

Sepher327.gif

Sepher327.gif

I'm 86 slayer at the moment, been that lvl for a few weeks already. I'm currently slaying, and coming close to 87, but not for the new upcoming update.

Might go there with some pies and try then when the update has been released, but I'm just slaying atm because I'm close to 99 defence, and I train all my combat with slayer :D

Clanleader of the Guardians Of Fate.

gof-sig.gif

I got 89 slayer last night so I am almost there yay :D

Back on topic tho I dont think even this increase in training will effect it too much since some of these people dont have proper stats for fighting the dark beasts. They hit very hard and have high defense. If they are just prayable easily then I would predict a large rise in the price of prayer potions in the following weeks. Some people also need to do quests, some will need wild pies to slay them (very bad there) and other simply wont have the money to waste on prayer potions.

305k away from 90 Slayer. The earliest this update can arrive is Monday. I'm going to have to get 75k exp every day for the next 4 days. Sounds possible with my lunar slayer rush :). If the update isn't any time next week, then I have it locked :D.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

I never stopped at 85. I got 87 currently and 200k+ xp to 88, but I haven't trained it for while.. Maybe couple tasks then and then, but I'm not either training it now prior to get 90. I got plenty time training slayer when I want to raise again or get maxed combat (92 att and def currently). :)

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005