Jagex updates us with info on Real World Trading (RWT)

Freesia

I doubt it would be easy to detect. If the player kept a low profile, it would be terribly hard to detect real world trading. Jagex would need to moniter his/her account for weeks to suspect it.

Good job on their part though. Banning almost 5 thousand players must take some time, and it looks like they're actually starting to do something about it again.

They say the can detect the difference between people lending items, and people buying, but I want to know how they can be sure without watching someones account for a very long time.

The only problem comes in with all these recent bans, is some people might have been legitimate. I really hope no one legitimate WAS banned.... I don't want Jagex trying to look good, but ending up screwing themselves -.-

There is always the chance that the person could be innocent. That chance, however, is very slim. RWT's most likely lend large amounts of cash to many people. Legit player's lend mostly items or something else to people who have been on their friends list a long time. I have lent many items to friends(full veracs for kqing, full guthans for dking, dragon axes) and I have yet to get banned.

I won't claim that I know anything about programing, but my logic says that they trace large amouts of money being traded, and then see if the trader repeats this. Cause you realy think that ppl who sell rs gold make a new account for every trade? No. They use the same ones, and Jagex detects this. And, if th account who tradded the money was lv3, they might just get suspicious...

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

I thought that way crusher.

Goodbye to 79 dollars, 10mill and a lvl 29 pure.

They know, they don't ban incorrectly. Think about it, you trade with someone who's been trading millions of GP to other people all day, kind of suspicious right? They won't ever ban the trader, that'd be stupid, let him get all of the money. Then he trades it to all of the real RS players, ban them, they stop buying, the guy's sitting there w/ 500m and no buyers, now ban him. Trust me, they know, they don't make mistakes.

Hmm interesting theory... No real people banned but rather a scare tactic? Kids see people getting banned and are too scared to buy gold any more.

Any thoughts on that?

The propaganda way will only seem to work on majority of the rs population which are kids, an age group easily subjected to influences. There are adults and teens who do RWT and are smart enough not to believe their news. Seriously do we even have that much RW traders? 5k seems exaggerated to me.. :-k

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

btw, when I bought my 10m, i put up full rune, 4 airs, 3 minds and 10 fire runes, to make the trade seem balanced, nope. Banned 30 mins later, if you trade with someone who money is given to in large amounts, and then distributed by him to many players, it's obvious what's going on.

You shouldn't say that frudadaloom now everyone here is going to shun you. At least i think...

What i want to know is how the two examples of the people they banned got their skill totals that high in the amount they had played. I mean i have been playing for almost 3 years and i only have 1382 total! I mean i'm no skiller but what those examples had was outragous.

prospektssigza4.jpg

I dont' care what anyone here thinks. I don't play my main anymore, i've started all over and read some of my posts I'm 100% legit now. I've picked 25k flax, sold 22.5k of it, now I'm spinning the last 2.5k, sell it for 500k, have 3m, start merching, get my gilded armor and then start RCing w/ world 16 airs till 44 and have a stable money making skill. And It only takes 1-2 days to get lvl 50 in most skills.

WC

mining

cooking

smithing

fletching

RCing

firemaking

crafting

fishing

thieving

agility

there's 550 total, about 60 hours of semi-serious lvling.

Then you get all 55s in cb stats in about 30 hours of slow lvling, there goes 220 more on your total, then range and magic can both be lvled easily to 60 in 20ish hours combined, now you have 120 more tota lvl.

so 550+220+120=980 skill total + the 9 skills you haven't lvled yet which would be 989 skill total. Now you pick a few skills you like and lvl them hard, and you're easily at 1200 skill total, after only 120 hours in game, if you play 3ish hours a day(not really hard if you play after work or school)that's 40 days in game. Now start going thru the 9 skills you left alone(agility can be 40 in a day, farming is the same, construction if you have the money you're looking at 60 more skill lvls after 2 days).

So yeah, it's really not hard, you just have to evenly lvl all your skills and then excel in 5 or 9 of them.

edit now that I've read what they say, I'd say they mean 90 days(24 hours in a day) cuz they say days in game, not days old. So yeah, that's like 2,000 hours of in game play.

BTW.

Nobody buy money, it takes the fun out of the game. I love skilling and merching, buying the money ruined it for me, i'm glad they banned that account. I've started over and I love it! I love being lvl 30 and legitly holding 4m in my bank.

Incorrect bans occur every day, and are a harsh reality; it's a small price to pay.
I don't know about you but I would rather have nothing done about bots than my account banned incorrectly. Months of work gone because of an accident. Its pretty easy to make your statement if none of your accounts have been banned on accident.
sigxp6.png

What i want to know is how the two examples of the people they banned got their skill totals that high in the amount they had played. I mean i have been playing for almost 3 years and i only have 1382 total! I mean i'm no skiller but what those examples had was outragous.

It is time used IN GAME, and not since they created the account. People seem to have some serious problems understanding this. I dont know why.

And yes, JageX does record that kind of data. In 2001 you could even see what person on the server had been playing for the most time (in game time) on the server status screen.

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

One of my higher lvl friends buy rs money every other week, but he normaly buys in slots of 2mill. But he doesnt trade from his main, he trades the supplier with his low lvl account, n gets a friend to trade between accounts, touch wood, hes never been caught

Now what im thinkin is they cant possibly ban his account because he traded the money between th two accounts right? It could be a friend, if Jagex did find out, wouldnt they just ban his low lvl, for all they know he didt know it was real world traded money. They dont know thats his account..

Does that make any sense?

frangellica.png

frangellica.png

One of my higher lvl friends buy rs money every other week, but he normaly buys in slots of 2mill. But he doesnt trade from his main, he trades the supplier with his low lvl account, n gets a friend to trade between accounts, touch wood, hes never been caught

Now what im thinkin is they cant possibly ban his account because he traded the money between th two accounts right? It could be a friend, if Jagex did find out, wouldnt they just ban his low lvl, for all they know he didt know it was real world traded money. They dont know thats his account..

Does that make any sense?

stop buying money, and the whole "my friend" excuse is pretty old.

They can catch RWTers easy because people dont give party hats to friends they added 4 minutes ago.

If you were on someones friendlist for a year, they would be less likely to ban you.

Although it could still happen.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

They can catch RWTers easy because people dont give party hats to friends they added 4 minutes ago.

If you were on someones friendlist for a year, they would be less likely to ban you.

Although it could still happen.

Whoa...is that how it works? Thanks, I was confused by this whole process...