Mage Additions?

lewagold2

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's al;ready god spells and iban blast. those pretty much pwn. i'd say make a lunar spell for crafting runes with out goin to alters/abyss. higher lvl rune, higher lvl spell. there's no way they can power it up, ice barrage is pretty mucht he limit. -.-

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

You know since when a good range update has been overdue? Mage has had more than its share of updates if you ask me.

Us rangers were stuck with a msb for you know how long? The start of RS2, and it got nerfed pretty badly.

ranger4life995ut.gif

In my opinion the Abyssal Whip and Dark Bow, while technically weapons, are more a "High level combat option". Because Melee and Range fighters both generally have to use a weapon to do their damage, this is why they have their respective high-end weapons. Mages, however, don't need a weapon to cast powerful spells. Their power comes from the spell lists. If I had to compare the Dark Bow and Abyssal Whip to something the mage has for high end combat, it'd likely be the Ancient Magicks spell list.

blackmbnaval,Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

i was wondering when i would see a post like this...

but i would be pretty cool to see a good mage update in the future sometime.

doogsidoof.png

Owner of a Quest cape since 9/11/08

tipit_grid2.png

It's not about the other people, its about shooting cute furry things that explode.

probably the ancients. and if you're talking about mage bonuses, maybe the Master Wand.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

Yeah, I think mage is powerful enough at this point.

I think the only think they could enter without really messin' stuff up is another staff along the lines as the lava and mud staff.

I also would like a smoke staff. :P

Magic should be left the way it is. Lunars (very usful for almost everything), Ancients (Barrows routes and spells that hit 30 and freeze for 20 seconds), modern magic which hits 25 at 75 magic, teleports, teleblocking and turning items into money. And God Spells which hit up to 30 charged and have special effects. Should we add a staff that autocasts Ice Barrage without using any runes? :roll:

My F2P Moneymaking Guide!

Always gargle before a takeoff. Wakka Wakka!

I will sai, The EntangleTeleblock spell, Tb and entangle in 1 spell pl0x..

Nah j/k, i think mage got enough (atm)...

~ColossuS~

- I'm not proud of everything I've done, but I have no regrets

15nu9u1.png

I want a new Ancient Magicks spell that 99 Mages have to pot up for. Make it like 101 or 102 Magic. That would rock. Herblorists would like the uprise in Mage Pot prices, also.

Oh, and the spell better hit 40's.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Hi there. When you raise your 63 magic enough to be able to do charged god spells and use ice barrage/blitz you'll realise how powerful magic is and that it doesn't need an update at all.

Jagex will definitely not be releasing a combination staff featuring air runes either, that would make training too easy. They have deliberately steered clear of this in the two staves they have released.

Can we please stop these dark bow topics until after it's released, when we actually know what it's like?! The thing required 60 range, it could well be a damp squib.

This forum becomes more and more like the official forums every day with these pointless topics.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

If Whip is to Melee as Dark Bow is to Ranged, then what could they possibly make for Mage? The best forseeable thing I could think of would be a Smoke Staff(Unlimited Fire+Air runes). What would you ask for?
Hasent magic got eunaugh already? mages should keep quiet and hope not jagex to change the power of the spells, not ask for new stuff.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

a new ancient spell at lvl 99 mage that can hit 40s+ :D

i bit overpowered eh?

if there was to be a new spell at 99 that could do 30+ dmg it should be a normal spell since ancient got those nasty special effects that would make them to powerful with 40+ dmg(blood barrage + 40dmgx9 = never gonna happen)

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

whip - melee

dark bow - range

ancients - mage

pretty simple

stupid forums lost my dragon count , well atleast i know i got a d chain from a dusty!

99 Fletch, Late 06

99 Mage, late 07

99 Strength, 29th June 08

99 Hitpoints, 21st August 08

130/138 cmb

sooo close