Too many quest requirements?

Goldenjkered

When people get members,they get it for the new items and new skills they will get to do and use, but it seems these days there are quest or other requirements slapped onto a lot of items. E.g a lot of the dragon weapons and the sheild need a quest to weild, and also lots of places in members require quest completion to gain access, e.g canafis, west ardounge and morytania. Just think, people pay money, then when they get members they can't use what they've paid for in some sense. I myself don't like quests but I have completed quite a few quests to gain these items and places.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

Well you pay for more of a game, do you want the new-game to be already done for you?

Everyone has to start off somewhere..

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I don't get it?

Aren't you happy that you get loads of new content?

Its a progressive game. You are not meant to be given a abyssal whip from the tutors as soon as you leave tutorial Island.

You need to work for most things in this game. Although many people don't know that word.

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

Yeh, isn't it lovely? :thumbsup:

Seriously ... you sound like a lvl 40 f2p, I think it's great to need a lot of stuff to wield things.

Prevents the lvl 3 people who do the same thing for ages and have lots of monney or hackers or scammers to just buy and have it.

Also it's a lot cooler to wield them like this \'

dragonmguthan,goldenjjx.gif

Yeh, isn't it lovely? :thumbsup:

Seriously ... you sound like a lvl 40 f2p, I think it's great to need a lot of stuff to wield things.

Prevents the lvl 3 people who do the same thing for ages and have lots of monney or hackers or scammers to just buy and have it.

Also it's a lot cooler to wield them like this \'

I agree that people who buy money with real life money, can't get quest requirement items, which is good.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

What it seems you are passively suggesting is a game that is totally open, where you dont have to work to get anywhere. I like the quests and if you need to access an area, you must do that quest. Its what keeps the game challenging. When updates happen everyone must either participate in that update or suffer the consequences (which are not being able to get an teim/go to a new area). you cant jsut refuse to do that quest and still get access to new content, so obviously you can just join members and have everything done for you.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

They want these easy to obtain (via shops, quite easy to obtain obviously) good weapons to have something additional to wield, other than 60 attack for instance. They want you to have to work a little harder to be able to wield something. That's what quests are. Quests would literally be absolutely pointless if they weren't requirements to get into places or wield certain things.

Some people just don't get what it means to have to work for a reward. They expect that paying $5 will automatically open the game up for them but have no desire to actually play the game to achieve the same thing.

In a way, that's almost like complaining that you can't smith full rune at lvl 40... or kill abyssal demons at lvl 50 slayer. Of course that sounds ridiculous. Quests are a major part of Runescape and should be respected as such.

Yes, Jagex advertizes a lot of content to F2Pers that they need to do quests for. However, simply because someone has waited until now to get P2P shouldn't mean they shouldn't have to work to weild/access certain things. This strikes me as an attitude of someone who wants something for nothing, sort of like the people who buy gp for money.

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

It adds to the sense of accomplishment. If you see someone with barrows gloves and a crystal bow, you know they're skilled and patient players.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

i think this belongs to rants? since you are saying you dont like the idea of having to complete quests for acces to places or ability to wield or wear diffrent armor and weapons...apart from that i think you are stupid...just imagine tehre were no quests none at all and you had acces to anything that requires quest completion this includes anciet spell book lunar spell book zanaris, canifis, all skills that require quest completion (rune mystery and the 1 with herby i forgot name) and A LOT more and without having to do something for it the game would be intresting only at the begining and after a while people will just get tired and stop playing...so yes there are some boring and annoying quests but those usualy have good rewards and personaly i feel better after completing an annoying quest because i actualy feel like i've done something...also fun quests that are also long or with good storyline (last few months' favorite quest for me was dream mentor)

dragonmghost,flava%20falcon.gif

support new ghostly stuff here.

I see RuneScape slowly turning into a sadistic version of WoW.

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

To be honest I'm not a big quest fan and generally think Jagex should stop releasing so many quests however I do beleive high lvl and powerful items should have more than basic requirments to get. It also adds a challenge to the player. Also after completing a hard quest I feel proud of myself for having both requirements and the ability to do it.

Barrows drops: Torags pl8, Torgas legs, Guthans chainskirt

what you are saying is just like saying str pures should be able to wear dharok with 1 def and 1 attack :ohnoes:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

I think quests are a great thing to be a requirement for items to wield along with appropriate skill level. That makes it a little bit harder to get an item You want for Your peekaying or staking or whatever. So You don't just build Your combat(and other) skills, but your "game Experience" too. Quests can be a fun thing to do in RuneScape, especially if You are bored and have nothing better to do.

The only thing I dislike is that JaGeX is making so many quests lately that You can do in 15 minutes and get an item You will probably never need. I don't say they should stop making quests, I just think they should think them over more carefully to figure out what item(or anything else) could be useful for us, the players. And maybe not make 2 quests per month but only one and make it a bit more difficult, something that You have to put Your skill into.

And Fredz, Your statement is the right one for me, so I sigged it. If You have problems with that, feel free to PM me and I will delete it.

Thanks!

gago

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

what you are saying is just like saying str pures should be able to wear dharok with 1 def and 1 attack :ohnoes:

... why do you think that is scary? lvl 1 attack can barely hit a goblin ...

Am I the only person on earth who thinks strength is not that good at all without having the other combat skills fairly high? :-k

dragonmguthan,goldenjjx.gif

Am I the only person on earth who thinks strength is not that good at all without having the other combat skills fairly high? :-k

No, ive always believed that high strength is useless if you get k.oed in 4 dds specs and u cant hit worth a damn.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

Oh and remember :)

The fun is in the journey, not the destination.

Good one, I'll deffinatly quote that one some time! =D>

You just did quote it. :wink: :lol:

On topic:

Because there are requirements for weapons and quests to do to unlock new lands, it gives you more to do in the game. The game would be very boring in my opinion if you did a quest with barely a good reward. To me, the 8k in a skill reward is useless. All the time I spent on that quest, I could have easily gotten the 8k. The good rewards are the ones that unlock something for you. Whether it be a weapon, or even a new part of the map. When I walk into a place that's needs a quest to unlock it, I feel a since of accomplishment. I feel like I deserved to be in this spot that not everyone else can go. Also, by doing quests, it will unlock new places that not many people go. Therefore, the training at that place will go a LOT faster due to less competition.

If half the game was just given to me, I would feel ripped off instead of Vice Versa. Half the fun of the game is unlocking the new lands. Also, when you are a new member, there a loads of things for you to do before you have to start doing these quests. If you do all those things first, by the time you are done, most of your skills will just be in place and you will be able to do any quest you desire.

That's my two cents.

:)

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

No, ive always believed that high strength is useless if you get k.oed in 4 dds specs and u cant hit worth a damn.

how come a mauler can k0 then?

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

The quests for the aras you mentioned are easy. And you shuld have to earn the right for some things.

AMEN brother amen! =D>

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting