Respect, what is it?

Suox

Hi,

Welcome to my new thread, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did writing it.

My thread is about respect, now before you start moaning I know what your thinking, ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâoh no not another thread about respect! Socks must be running out of ideasÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ but no! if you think that then youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re about to be corrected, if your interested please read on.

So what is respect, well IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve had a look around and found a definition, the definition of respect is the condition of being honoured (esteemed or respected or well regarded); "it is held in esteem"; "a man who has earned high regard". But not everyone can earn respect, and if everyone can, then you can*t always gain the same levels of this ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃârespectÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ that people like to talk so much about.

So IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve made some interesting questions for you to answer, remember donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t just say the first thing that comes to mind, I want to see some well thought out responces which will be interesting to read, not just some one liner which I can read in a second, that wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t get you much respect now will it.

Questions:

1. What is respect to you?

2. How can you earn respect?

3. Because youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâhigh rankedÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ should you automatically be respected?

Not you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t just have to stick to those three questions, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d be happy to add more as the thread gets larger and such, so you can start posting when you want!

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ What is respect to you?

Respect is when someone looks up to you as a roll model, someone who they can trust and who is reliable, for example take my friend ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâJohnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ he likes to help people, but giving honest opinions which give feedback as well as praise.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ How can you earn respect?

You can earn respect by being helpful and pleasant, and most importantly honest. You can*t go around giving false praise all the time, itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s not honest and will show up badly on you.

Another requirement is to be nice, if youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re not nice than how can you earn respect? You would have insulted too many people for people even to like you, let alone respect you.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Because youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâhigh rankedÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ should you automatically be respected?

Not at all, everyone should be treated the same, until theyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve shown that they are worthy of your respect, you can*t on a scale of one to ten give someone a ten because they were nice the one time you talked to them. You have to wait at least 2 or 3 weeks before you can make a proper judgement.

Suox.gif

99 Woodcutting goal: Complete! :D

well I just respect people that have very good skills, or are very high ranked with a skill. These people should earn respect because mostly their friendly etc.

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

1. What is respect to you? Leaving someone alone if they dont want to talk to you. That is respect :P

2. How can you earn respect? By not being an idiot, doing something impressive?

3. Because youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâhigh rankedÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ should you automatically be respected? In a way, if you're a high level people will usually respect you because you've played the game a long time but if you're an idiot your level doesn't matter.

Its Socks!

The same as trust, I think the respect player are those who can be trusted. I respect community members, not people who are there to play the game so much as to play the game with others. The respect worth player should not purpousally make a move which detracts from the community.

Giving out phr33 st00f? I think more than respect beeing earnt, respect must be develped. You can make one move and then be respected because of that, it is not cause and effect.

Respect is found by beeing a truthfull, well mannered well balanced and helpfull indevidual.

3. Because youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâhigh rankedÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ should you automatically be respected?

Oh gosh no! look in real life....... Genorge bush would be seen as a "high level" does not mean people respect him (this was only an example dont fight back :P)

Fame is not respect, respect is a whole differnt kettle of dodar! this does not mean that a high level cant eb respect, because then can! the thing is though they are different entiteies.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Questions:

1. Respect to me is being courteous and polite to people no matter who they are as long as they are also respectful to you.

2. You can earn respect by respecting others.

Treat others the way you wish to be treated

3. No, just because you are 'high ranked' that doesn't mean you hould be respected. Top rank players gain respect from their peers by playing the game with a respectful manner.

a1d50c4e9b.png

269 QP | All Stats 60+ (except Summoning) | Barrows Drops: 8 | Dragon Drops: 1

1. What does respect mean to you?

Respect, in my opinion, is status that one has when they are well known or have a specialty.

It is not difficullt to earn respect. However, there is no clear cut and dry method to gain it. Be yourself, think of others, listen and help others out are the only ways I can think of at the moment.

3. If someone is `high ranked' should they automatically be respected?

The answer to this is no. You can have all the money in the world and worked hard getting it and still act like a jerk to people. Although there will probably be people that pretends to respect them to get some extra cash.

ther is no real respect in rs.

sad, but true

sad true no. I'm frankly sick and tired of the rs2 population this game goes by so fast in RSC you actualy had to figure out the game. Now the lingo's all different. You guys cry safeeater and farcaster and pray hugger, but I remember things like "weakener" "def noob" "logs on sight", "wall hugger", and "3hitrunners". it gets worse and worse seeing people in ahrims tanking edge with pro melee on, trying to act Ehard. and kids in 50k Gear sets who ask you to fight skulled in torags. people who pj for whips people who pj for fun is sad, but their is a very large group of kids whome still have full honor and go by the old honor system.

sad, but true

their is a very large group of kids whome still have full honor and go by the old honor system.

To these "kids":

There is no honor code written in stone. :shame:

108th to 99 Prayer

sad, but true

their is a very large group of kids whome still have full honor and go by the old honor system.

To these "kids":

morally yes :-k

sad, but true

To these "kids":

morally yes :-k

Tell me where to find this "Moral Code." :wink:

108th to 99 Prayer

Wow.

Okay "boy genius"...

I asked you where I could find the honor code, and I got the response, "in urself." :P

because morals come from within youself, take one and one and put them together bro.

because morals come from within youself, take one and one and put them together bro.

I see that you believe in objective morals then. Isn't that contradictory?

On Topic:

What is respect to you?

Getting along with others, even the idiots (not in the same way as the respectable, but you know what I mean, right?)

How can you earn respect?

Treat others like they're humans, not idiots that have no feelings and are there to be flamed whenever they are stupid

Because youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâhigh rankedÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ should you automatically be respected?

Should I get respect for having clicked a lot to get higher numbers?

Truthscape - qeltar's excellent insights into RuneScape and more

Cave Story - Best Free RPG ever

-Retired. Forever-

Same as trust, I mostly respect people who can be trusted & "are man of their words" and don't change their mind even if alot of people are forcing to. Example from Rs: Being once creative pker, then turning into narrow-minded pker who blindly obeys unwritten "honor-code" just because whole community forced one to do that. I couldn't respect person like that, it only shows how weak mind can be.

I think more than respect being earnt, respect must be developed.

Respect is found by being a truthful, well mannered and helpful individual.

One can still be a real idiot even if one is highly ranked, I don't know if anyone could automaticly respect person like that.

About respect in rs, sad but true, there is respect only between friends, not real respect between these fan-boys and their idols, it's more about admiration.

"Wow he doesn't safe,pray,run,tele,log,farcast and so on." To respect acts like that sound just plain silly to me. Things i mentioned show more stupidy & foolish bravery. You're supposed to kill your enemy, not letting him get chance to kill you. But again, each to their own, if that's your way to pk, yeah then I'm fine with it. Just don't come whine that you lost all your cash just because you got killed so many times.

I mean, you go for wildy to kill others/do something else & still willing to take risk that someone else kills you, that's a fact, you cannot denie it. So why people complain about killing people who aren't prepared for fight? Why people complain about different pking methods? That's because they have once seen pker who got nice kill & they literally fall in love with this pker & wanted to copy ones pk style, and these fan-boys are known to be narrow-minded and don't accept any other solutions. This has alot to do with puberty aswell, kids are afraid to be different from others.

So why not being creative & stop complaining about different pking ways. You could use all that time to think about your own way, other than copying your idols ways. That's what i've done ever since 2002 summer when i found wildy & decided to start pking. Yet, I'm not respected pker, not even known by many, and I'm perfectly fine with that. To me being respected by totally unknown strangers doesn't sound quite alot of fun. I once got a little taste of that and it made me quit rs for sometime just to be forgotten again. I don't care if people don't respect my actions in rs, it's my way to play the game & have fun same time. I stop to consider only if person who is important to me says my actions were a bit lame, which has never happened in rs, cause I'm being nice to other players.

Respect to me is the language a person speaks or types with. I think swear words are highly disrespectful and should never be used. I also respect people who know how to spell to a good extent.

Not sure what you mean with this question.

I think that you should be respected for working to get to a high rank but not automatically. If the person however is a jerk and does not comply to what i answered in question one then the answer is no.

prospektssigza4.jpg

Today i was at the fishing guild, wearing full mime

Anyways this level 60 something asks if i'm trying to get 1k sharks and i say yes i guess so.

And then he says well thats good, it looks like you need it.

Then he asked me how much money i have and i told him and he said i thought you, you look pretty poor.

Wtf?

killa870yt.png

Respect to me is when you honor someone else for there hardwork and there good attitude towards other people.

Respect can be earned through hardwork, respecting other people helping other people and being nice.

Most of the time its that way but no you shouldn't, there are many high level players that play this game to be the best and they don't care about other people, they're rude, and unhelpful.

freakyyq8.png

lucky barrower-dh legs,veracs skirt,karil skirt, karils top (x3), dh pl8,karils coif,half key(x2), x-bow, ahrims robetop

goodbye Piman1053 Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:05 pm

326death326 is banned~~~EVERYONE ADD MY NEW MAIN "Y0uknowwho" (first o is a zero)

3 words

blue-pee-hat

richness

not nessicerily

I respect others soley on their personality.

I couldn't care less if I was in the presence of Zezima himself.

It's the person, not the stats that count.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.