Your opinions on sex change?

liiiam

Ok well, when I searched I just found a bunch of websites giving me offers to where I could get cheap sex changes :ohnoes:

But I like my argument that is being formed :thumbsup:

That's your best comeback... Do you still think that people who have a sex change are dangerous to society? Still think they just mostly commit suicide? If so wouldn't that be because it's people's intolerance and lack of acceptance making them feel sub-human? Still think that having a sex change won't make any of these people happier?

Have I changed your view at all? A yes or no will do. If you still don't see by now how intolerant some of the stuff you have been saying has been I'm not going to bother any more.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I say yes can this all end so I can return to my usual style of avoiding debates and just spamming up the forum -.-

Sure.

I own this debate

And you certainly did.

Please, think about your opinions. Through reading anecdotes of the lives of people who have had sex changes it's apparant that there is something beyond thier control about it. They yearn for something that they were born without and they can get really mixed up and lost becuase of it. They really do need to be felt like an actual part of society and not made to feel like they're some sort of second class race of violent, threatening people. They yearn for acceptance just like anyone else and you, I, and everyone here knows that everyone deserves to be treated equally and not judged by the way they choose to live thier lives. Base every individual on thier personal merits. Everyone deserves that much at least. An attatchment to a tagline as a consequence of existing is unjust and unfair.

I hope that gives you a little to think about.

Warrior where were you when I needed someone like you to be on my debating team in high school.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Warrior where were you when I needed someone like you to be on my debating team in high school.

Lol. Thanks for the compliment I suppose. I'd probaly crash and burn at debating actually. Public speaking is not my strong point.

If one of my friends got a sex change, i would still be friends with them just wouldn't feel very comfortable

Leonn

autogsigpe6.png

|Myssy <3 | Retired | 19/9/07

"My legs say no, but my body says f... you"
I laughed so hard I pooped my thong. :lol:

I have formed my own opinions on the subject, nobody has influenced me. Just through reading this thread have I evaluated my position on the subject. I have read no books on the subject and that is my fault more than anyone elses. In any case I'm going to cease taking part in this debate as I don't think its going anywhere and I'm not going repeat myself again but I can't see anybody ever wanting a sex change, that could be my closed mindness or ignorance or perhaps you put to much reliance on peoples individual opinions.

Either way, I don't think there is anything else to discuss here, from me anyway.

Well I can't imagine a think by someone wanting a sex change. But that ain't neccesary. I just accept it on the fact that it's a medical condition they're in, and that it can be cured by performing a sex change.

It's funny though when I ask you to view some sources and give an answer on a question regarding this subject that you want to cease this debate.

I brought suitable arguments against every point you made, most of which you dismissed to be 'off-topic' you cant use your own analogies and dismiss mine as irrelevant. In any case, all you did was give me some titles of a few books on the subject, which I'm willing to bet you havent read. Warrior, just because you have found a "source" does not instantly mean your opinion is greater than mine.

Err, these are the books that are laying one meter away from me :? They're required material for my study. Do I have to give you page numbers or something? And I did not dismiss most of your arguments as offtopic, I did only with a few. Once again, you evade my question, and the information warrior posted.

Warrior: You're right about the conflicting views. The problem with most studies is they don't see the individual, but only take an amount of people, and conclude things out of the numbers and statistics they get. Sex change doesn't neccesarily mean that problems are solved.

There was a great example of effective sex changing in the seventies, or something. I believe it was about a person that was born with both female and male characteristics. Back in the time, the nature vs. nurture debate wasn't so strong, and the general concensus was that nurture was the key factor. Thus, it wouldn't matter what the doctors "choose" to be the gender of the person that had just been born. They decided to "make" a male of that person surgically and raise the kid as a male. (it could be female, I'm not sure, not important though) All went well, till that person hit puberty. It became unhappy, depressed, etc. Medical analysis revealed that the person had developped the physiology of a female. Thus, physiological gender and "mental gender" had a mismatch. They changed the person to a female, and she lost her depressions.

I believe that case brought up a lot of discussion and fired up the nature vs. nurture debate.

After that a lot of research regarding sexual development and mismatch were conducted.

Oh, and that person described above killed her/himself a few years later. It was a very famous case... perhaps someone knows more about this.