Your opinions on sex change?

liiiam

Being catholic, I'm highly against it. enjoy the body you were given. but then again its their lives. if they want to play around with their body, let them do it. I prefer to enjoy the way i was made and not yearn to be a woman.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That argument still supports the banning of it, i was pointing out why the argument does not float.

Banning it would be just stupid, especially when we're suppoesd to live in a "Free society." I was merely pointing out that not a lot of people will/do support it, and are willing to go to extreme lengths about this sort of thing.

Proud founder of the Myriad

Sex change by surgery is bizzare to me, I don't mind that people do it but I admit I would probably feel a little uncomfortable around people that had it done.

There was a prominent scientist who said a few years back "By 2030 we will have the technology that would allow two people to switch physical bodies while keeping their mental state intact" :-s

Now that would defiantly change the situation. I think if that technology was perfected, than people should be able to use it to change bodies with someone from the opposite gender who also wished to change. I see nothing wrong with that.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

What a load of crap. These people feel unhappy because they are in the wrong body. They're not criminals or whatsoever.

How do I know they're just unhappy? Well, if they were happy, they wouldn't change their gender. And how can you violate your own personality? Who do you think you are not allowing people to choose what's right for their own body?

I'm not saying they're doing it for the fun of it, I am acknowledging that they are confused, mentally unstable people. I however don't believe that mutilating your body is the right way to "cure" them as it doesn't actually work they're just very mixed up people that need proper help.

Because the law is probably utterly stupid then. Suicide is a choice. Assisting in suicide however, is something else. Nor would promoting suicide be healthy. But that's not something I want to indulge in any further, as it is offtopic.

Nice argument there "the law is stupid then" how ignorant, you've just made an effort to try and ignore my point because you cant think of a logical way to argue it. I was using it as an example to make my point so it is relevant. As the law is a representation of society, designed to protect its citizens.

These people are being born in the wrong body. It is NOT disturbing, it's simply something that has happened to them and not something than can be prevented. Their physiology -like I explained before- might be of a female, while they have the body of a male. There is NOTHING wrong with these people, except for the fact they have the wrong body. These people are not freeks or whatsoever. That's like saying people with cancer are disturbing. YES, that is a valid comparison, as they're both two medical conditions mediated by an "error" in physiology.

Born in the wrong body, well if they say so right? I personally don't believe that anybody willing to have their entire body, personality mutilated by drastic surgery is in a position to decide what is right. Are we supposed to trust people with Multiple Personality Disorders just because its "their body" means they should be allowed to go around behaving erratically. Seriously if you're in a position where you are willing to do such a thing to yourself then you're not in a position to make good decisions.

No, they need a sex change, because that's the ONLY thing that is wrong with these people. They're not mentally ill, they just have a medical condition. It is AB-SO-LUTELY no mental condition.

Seriously, try to get a little information about what you post before making such ignorant statements. You have absolutely no idea what is to be in the wrong body. Neither do I, luckily, but I have enough knowledge about these people to form an opinion about it.

For those who are interested... there are quite a few documentaries on people undergoing a sex change. Watch them, it might give you some new insights on those people, and see that they are just plain normal people.

They're not mentally ill but have a mental condition, whats the difference here? I don't see any information supporting what you're saying here and either way just because I have a source on the Internet doesn't make it anymore reliable than what I'm saying right now. They aren't normal people they are very sick people.

If you could respond to my previous post that would be great. It's not only for my sake, it's so people will accept your argument too. Again, if you are right, it shouldn't be too hard to find a news article, opinion piece, report, journal, anything that supports that these people are sick and dangerous.

I respect whatever gender someone prefers to be. So long as they are honest enough to tell people.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I respect people's choices to change gender, however I think it's somewhat reckless to change your gender in an attempt to belong when you have no real understanding of the other gender. I think in almost every case, people who decide to change gender have other reasons to change than just belonging.

What's with all the stupid debating going on? Some people are pushing their opinion on this thread as if it's law. Most of you have nothing to base your opinion on, save your presumptions.

For the record, Transexual refers to someone who has undergone sexual reassignment, whereas Transgender refers to one who identifies themselves as another sex.

:\

no offense meant to any transexuals here.

I wonder how many transexuals browse the forum. Who do you suspect of being transexual on here?

Anyway, I don't really care about it, people should do it if they really want to. It doesn't really harm anybody, and if it makes them feel better, why not.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I know this might be a bit random but what do you think about it? I personally think it's rather revolting (no offense meant to any transexuals here) that you could change sex.

Just imagine a guy going on a date with a girl just to find out they're secretly a guy. :oops:

I think it's ummmmmmm special. =) in a weird way....

I know this might be a bit random but what do you think about it? I personally think it's rather revolting (no offense meant to any transexuals here) that you could change sex.

Just imagine a guy going on a date with a girl just to find out they're secretly a guy. :oops:

I think it's ummmmmmm special. =) in a weird way.... 8-)

What a load of crap. These people feel unhappy because they are in the wrong body. They're not criminals or whatsoever.

How do I know they're just unhappy? Well, if they were happy, they wouldn't change their gender. And how can you violate your own personality? Who do you think you are not allowing people to choose what's right for their own body?

I'm not saying they're doing it for the fun of it, I am acknowledging that they are confused, mentally unstable people. I however don't believe that mutilating your body is the right way to "cure" them as it doesn't actually work they're just very mixed up people that need proper help.

Because the law is probably utterly stupid then. Suicide is a choice. Assisting in suicide however, is something else. Nor would promoting suicide be healthy. But that's not something I want to indulge in any further, as it is offtopic.

Nice argument there "the law is stupid then" how ignorant, you've just made an effort to try and ignore my point because you cant think of a logical way to argue it. I was using it as an example to make my point so it is relevant. As the law is a representation of society, designed to protect its citizens.

These people are being born in the wrong body. It is NOT disturbing, it's simply something that has happened to them and not something than can be prevented. Their physiology -like I explained before- might be of a female, while they have the body of a male. There is NOTHING wrong with these people, except for the fact they have the wrong body. These people are not freeks or whatsoever. That's like saying people with cancer are disturbing. YES, that is a valid comparison, as they're both two medical conditions mediated by an "error" in physiology.

Born in the wrong body, well if they say so right? I personally don't believe that anybody willing to have their entire body, personality mutilated by drastic surgery is in a position to decide what is right. Are we supposed to trust people with Multiple Personality Disorders just because its "their body" means they should be allowed to go around behaving erratically. Seriously if you're in a position where you are willing to do such a thing to yourself then you're not in a position to make good decisions.

No, they need a sex change, because that's the ONLY thing that is wrong with these people. They're not mentally ill, they just have a medical condition. It is AB-SO-LUTELY no mental condition.

Seriously, try to get a little information about what you post before making such ignorant statements. You have absolutely no idea what is to be in the wrong body. Neither do I, luckily, but I have enough knowledge about these people to form an opinion about it.

For those who are interested... there are quite a few documentaries on people undergoing a sex change. Watch them, it might give you some new insights on those people, and see that they are just plain normal people.

They're not mentally ill but have a mental condition, whats the difference here? I don't see any information supporting what you're saying here and either way just because I have a source on the Internet doesn't make it anymore reliable than what I'm saying right now. They aren't normal people they are very sick people.

If you could respond to my previous post that would be great. It's not only for my sake, it's so people will accept your argument too. Again, if you are right, it shouldn't be too hard to find a news article, opinion piece, report, journal, anything that supports that these people are sick and dangerous.

Defending argument could also cough up some evidence, as I don't see any supporting the fact that anybody is "born in the wrong body" :roll:

I own this debate as nobody has the ability to combat my argument without bleating about a source.

What about the women that are in a mans body?

:XD: No such thing.

How do you know? How do you know that someone might not have been put in the wrong body? What if they feel like they should be a woman, but are not? I think that this does really happen, and you can't just assume it doesn't.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

If people feel bad in their bodies and genuinely feel their mental and physical gender are not the same, why shouldn't they change their sex? Who are we to judge them? It must be a horrible feeling to live with, I'm glad these people have a way out of their suffering nowadays.

Gender isn't as clear cut as we like to believe. Every man has female traits, every female has male traits. We're not purely the one or the other. But I guess that's too confusing and scaring for some, so they cling to the black and white divisions.

Like runescape F2P.
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

Defending argument could also cough up some evidence, as I don't see any supporting the fact that anybody is "born in the wrong body" :roll:

I own this debate as nobody has the ability to combat my argument without bleating about a source.

I'm not personally making an argument counter to yours. I just want to know why you have that opinion. If you are right it should be pretty simple to come up with any source. I'm not asking for anything specifically. Just anything. Untill then, you can think you own this 'debate' if you want.

Edit: If it helps, I'll make an argument. Who's the real victim here; everyday people or those who do have transgender issues? Are they the danger to society or is society the danger to them?

She accuses the government of refusing to acknowledge when a crime against someone in the LGBT [1esban, gay, bisexual or transgendered] community has taken place. "For us, there is rape; for us, there are the murder victims; for our friends and our families, there are the multiple killings, but, for the government, none of that has ever happened. You hear on the news that a transexual girl or a transgender boy has been murdered. That makes news in the press, but, when we try to take action, we are always left isolated by the media and the news."

Source: Amnesty article.

It would be pretty rare for a transexual to be on this board wouldn't it? In fact, I wonder how many are actually out there. When I think about it the only places I see or hear about them are in the media. I would think many would keep the details of their lives private so it' near immposible to tell.

I think people should just stay the same gender they are...It would be much weasier on our minds if people stayed the same...Image your friend coming up to you in a different body and gender...scary :shock:

And the cavemen wondered how to make fire...

Im in the .00001% that finds Firemaking fun. If you find it fun add this to your siggy.

blaster909.gif

Blaster909.gif

Perhaps about a month ago I stumbled apon a thread in SA. It was pretty much a large "ask and tell" thread to where which the OP was a transexual. (male to female I think).

Anyways it opened up a lot on the actual subject at hand. The fact is is that people who have a sex change don't just think out of the blue "Hey I want to be a girl/boy!" They are confused at a young age and simply don't feel right. I think it can even be classified as something that goes wrong biologically during birth, I don't have a lot of knowledge on the subject.

Either way you would be amazed how some people look after they go through the process. They take hormones so that, for example in a male to female, the persons skin softens up and their features look more woman-like. I saw some before and after photos and it is crazy, if I had not known better I would have made out that person to be a female.

Point is some people just do not feel like who they are. Think about it, would you get a sex change? Would you wanna get rid of your member/what not?

Probably not. A sex change isn't something someone just does out of the blue.

I don't care if people want/have a sex change. If they're happy with themselves as a different gender, that's cool with me. Of course, I'm not going to date a girl who was a man last year. And of course I won't sleep with a girl like that. I would like children in the future (through conception, not adoption) and a tranvestite can't provide that for me.

6geb1ap.gif

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

I don't care if people want/have a sex change. If they're happy with themselves as a different gender, that's cool with me. Of course, I'm not going to date a girl who was a man last year. And of course I won't sleep with a girl like that. I would like children in the future (through conception, not adoption) and a tranvestite can't provide that for me.

Well yeah, I can agree with that.

Also if someone is being dishonest with you on that issue than thats another issue entirely.

No strong opinions either way.

As I say in abortion debates. Its their life and their choice.

I'd thought that the cause of most abortion debates is that it isn't their life, but someone else's that they're affecting.

On topic: I don't have anything against it in theory, nor do I find it particularly "disgusting" or anything like that. Unfortunately the vast majority of the individuals interested in this that I've encountered (only a few in real life, lots on TV through stuff like documentaries*) have been .... well, haven't been my sort of person. That's not at all to say that their wanting this was linked to their being a bit (a LOT) weird, or anything like that; just that the few I've had a chance to encounter in real life have been people I just don't like (before and after). To clarify: I don't have any predisposition towards them any more than to anyone else -- I've just met (and heard of) the unfortunate ones.

Edit: to further clarify: I'm all for people doing it if they really want to.

*yeah "documentaries" :-w

I get how they can change a man into a woman, but, umm, I don't see how you could attach

a fully functioning penis onto a woman. Is that even possible? Although the majority of

people who get these operations are probably men~>women, not the other way around,

which is what makes me wonder if it's even possible.

I don't see why a man would want to change into a woman. It's fine for 25 days a month I

guess, but ... well actually post-operation people don't have that problem, so I guess they don't

even consider it. My biggest question is umm ...

Okay, I don't want to be obscene here, so anyone under the age of consent in your

part of the world please don't read this next bit.

If a woman's primary sexual organ is her [bleep]oris (well, that's the one that produces orgasms

at least), then how do they imitate that for post-operation people?

Seriously, this is an interesting topic it raises alot of questions. For a male wanting to be a female,

how exactly does one define female? Is it the ability to reproduce? Is it just your appearance?

Is it your mind-set? I mean, what?

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png