Your opinions on sex change?

liiiam

I'm not going to decide for them, but I personally think it's disgusting. Not to mention that it's not going to make them any happier.

How do you know?

I was about to ask the same thing. I think, in the odd and probably rare instance that we have a transgendered individual here on tip.it, that we let them decide if it's made them happier before making an assumption like that.

^^Says the guy who often makes a reference to the "evils of religion" in most of his posts. You're just asuming im some right wing tosser like xplsbam but I'm not going to fill that role in this "debate". You do not need a degree in Psychology (note correct spelling) to understand that these people are under pressures and have lived a very confused life as I said in my previous posts.

They could be a danger to society as they are very disturbed, they need proper psychological help not the declaration to hungrily have bits and pieces chopped off them. Seriously what is wrong with my opinion I'm not suggesting they should be exterminated or anything,just that it is to dangerous for (their own sakes) and societies to make this decision on their own.

They could be a danger to society and they're very disturbed... LOL. Isn't that a load of self-rationalising BS.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to decide for them, but I personally think it's disgusting. Not to mention that it's not going to make them any happier.

How do you know?

I was about to ask the same thing. I think, in the odd and probably rare instance that we have a transgendered individual here on tip.it, that we let them decide if it's made them happier before making an assumption like that.

I don't know, and what I meant to say is that I don't understand how that could make someone happy. No matter what they do, they're still the same.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

I suppose it's your life and your choice. If it makes you happy i guesse what ever floats your boat. I no a veary nice guy who use dto be a girl (I never knew him as a she though). Appently he lost most all his friends when he became a guy.

But in an actual relationship (ie sexual), it dosen't do it for me. Since it really dosent make you a man or a women (though in the case of male>female it really takes away the defining male parts so now your an 'it' i guess).

How do you know?

I don't know, and what I meant to say is that I don't understand how that could make someone happy. No matter what they do, they're still the same.

That's a better way to put it. :)

Because its a very drastic move to have such surgery on your own body, to do such a thing should be a crime as it is violating your very personality and existence as a person. Such strain could provoke the character into perhaps deep depression and suicide as well as harming others about them.

Stop with the pathetic argument that "its their own bodies" explain to me then why suicide is against the law aswell as assissted. You guys live in a fantasy world if you think that people are free to do whatever the hell they like with themselves. I see people as disturbed that want to have their own bodies completely mutilated in an effort to solve their depression, even though like someone said earlier changing their gender won't even fix their problems but probably create more (such as the person Grim_Jokes mentioned).

You can't expect people to behave normally, they need to be properly councilled and given mental help before they wreck their own lives and perhaps others, seriously I know I'm right here you guys just need to open your eyes, just a little bit :roll:

Because its a very drastic move to have such surgery on your own body, to do such a thing should be a crime as it is violating your very personality and existence as a person. Such strain could provoke the character into perhaps deep depression and suicide as well as harming others about them.

What a load of crap. These people feel unhappy because they are in the wrong body. They're not criminals or whatsoever.

How do I know they're just unhappy? Well, if they were happy, they wouldn't change their gender. And how can you violate your own personality? Who do you think you are not allowing people to choose what's right for their own body?

Stop with the pathetic argument that "its their own bodies" explain to me then why suicide is against the law aswell as assissted.

Because the law is probably utterly stupid then. Suicide is a choice. Assisting in suicide however, is something else. Nor would promoting suicide be healthy. But that's not something I want to indulge in any further, as it is offtopic.

You guys live in a fantasy world if you think that people are free to do whatever the hell they like with themselves. I see people as disturbed that want to have their own bodies completely mutilated in an effort to solve their depression, even though like someone said earlier changing their gender won't even fix their problems but probably create more (such as the person Grim_Jokes mentioned).

These people are being born in the wrong body. It is NOT disturbing, it's simply something that has happened to them and not something than can be prevented. Their physiology -like I explained before- might be of a female, while they have the body of a male. There is NOTHING wrong with these people, except for the fact they have the wrong body. These people are not freeks or whatsoever. That's like saying people with cancer are disturbing. YES, that is a valid comparison, as they're both two medical conditions mediated by an "error" in physiology.

You can't expect people to behave normally, they need to be properly councilled and given mental help before they wreck their own lives and perhaps others, seriously I know I'm right here you guys just need to open your eyes, just a little bit :roll:

No, they need a sex change, because that's the ONLY thing that is wrong with these people. They're not mentally ill, they just have a medical condition. It is AB-SO-LUTELY no mental condition.

Seriously, try to get a little information about what you post before making such ignorant statements. You have absolutely no idea what is to be in the wrong body. Neither do I, luckily, but I have enough knowledge about these people to form an opinion about it.

For those who are interested... there are quite a few documentaries on people undergoing a sex change. Watch them, it might give you some new insights on those people, and see that they are just plain normal people.

Stop with the pathetic argument that "its their own bodies" explain to me then why suicide is against the law aswell as assissted. You guys live in a fantasy world if you think that people are free to do whatever the hell they like with themselves. I see people as disturbed that want to have their own bodies completely mutilated in an effort to solve their depression, even though like someone said earlier changing their gender won't even fix their problems but probably create more (such as the person Grim_Jokes mentioned).

In the interests of learning things, I'd be happy to read any link you can provide which backs up your opinion. It shouldn't be to difficult if you're right.

I think if somebody was born with the wrong genitals or a cross etc, i think that should be allowed. But if someone decides "i wanna be the opposite sex" Then it should be disallowed and illegal.

Mind to explain why?

Because that's just wrong, as they with their own kind of gender sexual organs, not both.... Plus i bet alot of the time people think theyre "trapped in the opposite sex's body", its psychological because they're probably traumatised from past experiences or something. They should be given a proper test written by experts in that area.

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

when you meet someone, do you think okok, i won't talk to them because they are a different sex? no, its their personality that causes you to like them.

what does it matter if they are male or female? its not as though you are going to have sex with everyperson you are friends with is it.

its the person inside that matters, not what sex they are.

nowadays with the net and not everyone exchanging pics, webcams etc. it can be difficult to work out a persons gender.

in irc, i am often called male. it doesn't stop me chatting to people, i must come across as masculine

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

I think if somebody was born with the wrong genitals or a cross etc, i think that should be allowed. But if someone decides "i wanna be the opposite sex" Then it should be disallowed and illegal.

Mind to explain why?

Because that's just wrong, as they with their own kind of gender sexual organs, not both.... Plus i bet alot of the time people think theyre "trapped in the opposite sex's body", its psychological because they're probably traumatised from past experiences or something. They should be given a proper test written by experts in that area.

They are, infact i think all people who undego extensive surgery for cosmetic reasons go through a series of phychiatric tests ect

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

In the interests of learning things, I'd be happy to read any link you can provide which backs up your opinion. It shouldn't be to difficult if you're right.

One part of that that's at least partially true is the third bolded part. If you go through a sex change, then you can possibly lose your friends, which is not fun by any standard. It'll probably be difficult to have a relationship as well.

jjroxlu7.jpg

What a load of crap. These people feel unhappy because they are in the wrong body. They're not criminals or whatsoever.

How do I know they're just unhappy? Well, if they were happy, they wouldn't change their gender. And how can you violate your own personality? Who do you think you are not allowing people to choose what's right for their own body?

I'm not saying they're doing it for the fun of it, I am acknowledging that they are confused, mentally unstable people. I however don't believe that mutilating your body is the right way to "cure" them as it doesn't actually work they're just very mixed up people that need proper help.

Because the law is probably utterly stupid then. Suicide is a choice. Assisting in suicide however, is something else. Nor would promoting suicide be healthy. But that's not something I want to indulge in any further, as it is offtopic.

Nice argument there "the law is stupid then" how ignorant, you've just made an effort to try and ignore my point because you cant think of a logical way to argue it. I was using it as an example to make my point so it is relevant. As the law is a representation of society, designed to protect its citizens.

These people are being born in the wrong body. It is NOT disturbing, it's simply something that has happened to them and not something than can be prevented. Their physiology -like I explained before- might be of a female, while they have the body of a male. There is NOTHING wrong with these people, except for the fact they have the wrong body. These people are not freeks or whatsoever. That's like saying people with cancer are disturbing. YES, that is a valid comparison, as they're both two medical conditions mediated by an "error" in physiology.

Born in the wrong body, well if they say so right? I personally don't believe that anybody willing to have their entire body, personality mutilated by drastic surgery is in a position to decide what is right. Are we supposed to trust people with Multiple Personality Disorders just because its "their body" means they should be allowed to go around behaving erratically. Seriously if you're in a position where you are willing to do such a thing to yourself then you're not in a position to make good decisions.

No, they need a sex change, because that's the ONLY thing that is wrong with these people. They're not mentally ill, they just have a medical condition. It is AB-SO-LUTELY no mental condition.

Seriously, try to get a little information about what you post before making such ignorant statements. You have absolutely no idea what is to be in the wrong body. Neither do I, luckily, but I have enough knowledge about these people to form an opinion about it.

For those who are interested... there are quite a few documentaries on people undergoing a sex change. Watch them, it might give you some new insights on those people, and see that they are just plain normal people.

They're not mentally ill but have a mental condition, whats the difference here? I don't see any information supporting what you're saying here and either way just because I have a source on the Internet doesn't make it anymore reliable than what I'm saying right now. They aren't normal people they are very sick people.

How would they be a danger to society?

Why the [bleep] do you think some males go transgender to turn into a "female?"

They try to hide weapons up their "vagina." Perfect place to store a small knife. Perhaps you can even store a small pistol in their fake vagina.

What the [bleep]? Just.. what.. the.. [bleep]? You have one helluva imagination.. I'll give you that..

Proud founder of the Myriad

They do what they want, it's their body. If they really feel, and if a psychologist feels that they are unhappy in their skin, why not? Usually after their sex change they're happier, so good for them.

2480+ total

I'd say, let them do it. Except there's one issue that will arise. They will be killed for it. People aren't very accepting of something different.

I mean, they need to be honest with their partners, right? What if the partner really hates trans gendered people and kills said person in a rage?

I'd say, let them do it. Except there's one issue that will arise. They will be killed for it. People aren't very accepting of something different.

I mean, they need to be honest with their partners, right? What if the partner really hates trans gendered people and kills said person in a rage?

What If's don't equate to arguments. People do accept transexuals, i myself find it a bit weird but since when is any form of offence justification to ban something?

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

What If's don't equate to arguments. People do accept transexuals, i myself find it a bit weird but since when is any form of offence justification to ban something?

Unfortunately, it's more than a what if. People do get killed for being transgendered, for christs sake, people die for less. You're giving too much credit for humans.

People die from stepping out onto a road full of cars, shall we ban cars too?

Signature3.gif

I fail to see how cars and sex-change have anything to do with eachother. Especially when being hit by a car is usually done by accident

Your saying because hypothetically people kill others for being transexuals and maybe a few real times thats happened we should ban the operation for their own protection. When really that argument is extremley nieve, should we also ban homosexuality because people kill others for that? People kill people for every possible reason under the sun, your argument makes no sense becauce it can be adapted to every situation and would lead to the banning of everything considered different. People have the liberty to do what they wish, what you are proposing can easily be seen as some sort of Nazi or Fascist regime.

Signature3.gif

I fail to see how cars and sex-change have anything to do with eachother. Especially when being hit by a car is usually done by accident

Your saying because hypothetically people kill others for being transexuals and maybe a few real times thats happened we should ban the operation for their own protection. When really that argument is extremley nieve, should we also ban homosexuality because people kill others for that? People kill people for every possible reason under the sun, your argument makes no sense becauce it can be adapted to every situation and would lead to the banning of everything considered different. People have the liberty to do what they wish, what you are proposing can easily be seen as some sort of Nazi or Fascist regime.

Did I say that it should be banned? No. I did say that it will cause trouble for said person who opts to get it done. There's a fine line there.

That argument still supports the banning of it, i was pointing out why the argument does not float.

Signature3.gif