PCing- Immoral?

aj926

So, many of us have heard the arguments from long standing players that pest control is overall a cheap way to get lots of combat levels fast. Obviously, this is true. I've shot up 1M exp playing every other day for a few hours, and plan on getting 99 attack through there.

I see their point. If i had gotten 999 attack training on a hellhound with a dragon long for 40-50k an hour, I'd be amazingly mad that jagex would put something out that had as much exp given within the few weeks, and continues to do so currently. It's not exactly unfair to long time players, but it undermines the 99 skill for them, I'm sure. however, the rate of exp was tremendously slow before then, and if you compare combat skills to others (fletching, expensive crafting, cooking), it seems like the exp rates are half as fast as cooking sharks on a fire. Well, nevermind, it IS twice as slow, if not more, than cooking big fish in rouge's den.

So was it really that big of an increase? I get 60-80K per hour with points fluctuated in by being in Heart Unit; one of if not the fastest PC groups in current RS' perspective. Compared to skills like cooking and fletching, this is below par for even the most baisic exp routes.

Fast exp? Yes. Blisteringly fast exp? No. I still have hundreds of hours to go for my nice red cape, and I'm sure some of you guys can contest to this fact. People who have gotten 99 attack before PC came out simply treat players with 99 capes as if they just snapped their fingers and got it. Most of you, hopefully, know that pest control requires many months of contant portal slaying to get to significant levels. And, it's not fun. At all.

Shouldn't organized groups like Heart Unit get the best exp anyways? it encourages clan growth, and isn't that what people have been screaming for under the suggestion board for years?

Or maybe I'm crazy.

Discuss.

-GC

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just feels as if Jagex is betraying old schoolers , for example i got 99 ranged just with a bow and arrows, 25k xp an hour, it's just lame how fast you can get it now.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

My opinion on PC has changed over time. I think it is an okay alternative for some of the costly skills such as prayer, range, and magic. But training it for melee, as fast as it is, wore bore me out of my mind. :P

That's my point. It's fast, yeah, but flaming christ is it BORING.

It's not like it takes a day, it takes months and months of constant playing to even begin to touch 99 str, def, or att. It's not fun, it's just a faster alternative to more fun combat training.

It just feels as if Jagex is F-ing us old schoolers over, for example i got 99 ranged just with a bow and arrows, 25k xp an hour, it's just lame how fast you can get it now.

But I completely agree with any magers or rangers who complain about PC. Getting 99 range naturally deserves a hell of a pat on the back.

The reason why I hate PC is not because it's faster than other combat training methods, I don't like it because you get little hitpoints exp from playing the game(Thats if you don't use your points on Hp which most people don't)

It takes off a good 1-6 Hp lvls off what the average player would have at the same combat if they havent used Pc.

Vector1.png

I don't like PC, but not because it's a fast easy way to get a 99 or because people thing you didn't work as hard to achieve your 99. I find that training combat using slayer makes things more interesting because it removes the more repetitive nature of training skills. Also, I'm more of a solo player and this mini game requires a good clan to make it productive.

The reason why I hate PC is not because it's faster than other combat training methods, I don't like it because you get little hitpoints exp from playing the game(Thats if you don't use your points on Hp which most people don't)

It takes off a good 1-6 Hp lvls off what the average player would have at the same combat if they havent used Pc.

You can always pc hitpoints, its not like it even matters anyway. If people want low hp, then let them. The only way their HP should bother you is if your pking, or staking them.

On the topic of being boring, I personally would rather run around kill portals rather than fight a monster thousands of times for experience.

And finally, i dont see how a minigame, in a game, can be immoral in any sense.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

I get 60-80K per hour with points fluctuated in by being in Heart Unit; one of if not the fastest PC groups in current RS' perspective. Compared to skills like cooking and fletching, this is below par for even the most baisic exp routes.

Fast exp? Yes. Blisteringly fast exp? No. I still have hundreds of hours to go for my nice red cape, and I'm sure some of you guys can contest to this fact.

60-80k an hour isn't blisteringly fast?! Did you ever play RSC? 15k an hour was blistering fast on RSC. I got 100 combat on RSC at 10-15k xp an hour and 99 melee stats at the start of rs2 before barrows, ape atoll, slayer, whips, dragon scimmies, PC or any of that crap. I never got more than 30k an hour and you say 80k an hour isn't blistering fast?!

Same thing with range. I got 70 range on classic and 97 range at the start of rs2 with a bow and arrows.

Combat is supposed to be hard. Cooking was just as fast as it is now on classic. Combat should not be a 100k an hour skill and it is RIDICULOUS that you can get 99 range and 99 mage without firing a bow/casting a spell.

I despise PC. It was Jagex's biggest mistake by far and is the main reason I feel like quitting this game.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

Its just Jagex acting intelligent. F2P is the slowest way to train, they hear friends in P2P getting 5 cb levels a day when they only get one level they are obviously going to want to join P2P so they can train faster. Its not unfair for P2Pers the choice is theirs if they want to use this training method.

fdsfds.png

www.di-rs.com

I get 60-80K per hour with points fluctuated in by being in Heart Unit; one of if not the fastest PC groups in current RS' perspective. Compared to skills like cooking and fletching, this is below par for even the most baisic exp routes.

Fast exp? Yes. Blisteringly fast exp? No. I still have hundreds of hours to go for my nice red cape, and I'm sure some of you guys can contest to this fact.

60-80k an hour isn't blisteringly fast?! Did you ever play RSC? 15k an hour was blistering fast on RSC. I got all 100 combat on RSC at 10-15k xp an hour and 99 melee stats at the start of rs2 before barrows, ape atoll, slayer, whips, dragon scimmies, PC or any of that crap. I never got more than 30k an hour and you say 80k an hour isn't blistering fast?!

Same thing with range. I got 70 range on classic and 97 range at the start of rs2 with a bow and arrows.

Combat is supposed to be hard. Cooking was just as fast as it is now on classic. Combat should not be a 100k an hour skill and it is RIDICULOUS that you can get 99 range and 99 mage without firing a bow/casting a spell.

I despise PC. It was Jagex's biggest mistake by far and is the main reason I feel like quitting this game.

In terms of RSC to RS2, I completely agree with you. There's literally no counterargument to your post.

However, my post is in current day comparison. People NOW feel like slayer leveling to PC leveling is imbalanced, and I don't agree with that notion at all. In responce, there is no wya to compare how slow RSC leveling was to anything within RS2 to make it seem fair. I would know; I was there.

Meh, times changes. Many people got 99 cooking without Cook-X and many people got fletching without String-X. Things change and i think they should deal with it and have fun with their 99 and not worry that other people are getting it in less time.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

60-80k an hour isn't blisteringly fast?! Did you ever play RSC? 15k an hour was blistering fast on RSC. I got all 100 combat on RSC at 10-15k xp an hour and 99 melee stats at the start of rs2 before barrows, ape atoll, slayer, whips, dragon scimmies, PC or any of that crap. I never got more than 30k an hour and you say 80k an hour isn't blistering fast?!

He was obviously comparing it to fletching (before the string update) where you could get 200k+ xp per hour, and cooking.

And people talking of gaining so many combat/skill levels a day are people who are training a skill from 30 to whatever level.

@ 13lister, I thought you had to have 30 in a skill to use pest control points for it, and your only 57 defense, which would leave you with 27 levels, only taking 190k experience. You could have gotten that without pest control in a day.

You people are forgetting, points involved, you get 80k exp an hour, people with dharoks can break 100k, 150k, some people even say 200k exp an hour. With the salve ammy i can break 100k an hour. PC is NOT the fastest xp for melee in the game.

aquasig2lc8.png

I could cry a river here as I'm 110 combat in rsc where melee skills were over twice slower than now, I had 98 ranged, 99 magic, 99 melee skills and over 20m hp xp before pc came. Yet, in my eyes pc was just another improvement to the game. so what if now an average lvl 70 can get more xp than I could get at 115 combat? It's not away from me that someone now is able to do what I did in easier and faster way. This game gets improved and if you can't accept the fact that it might make it easier, then it's your own loss.

I personally don't see a reason to train in a normal way if you want to get as fast melee xp with zero risk. Heck, I wouldn't train either if I now wanted to max out again. It's totally the same thing why I use pyramid plunder now instead of pickpocketing monsters, use barrows instead of runite and so on. It's not their fault that Jagex gave us an update that could help pretty much everyone despite of their level and they want to do it in a faster way.

In my eyes personally the worst kind of people are the ones that don't see the fact that world around them changes and then curse at everyone else because they follow the current world. Heck, when you next time call someone a pc product, go kill some moss giants in addy legs, large, mith plate, addy long sword and steel kite.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

In terms of RSC to RS2, I completely agree with you. There's literally no counterargument to your post.

However, my post is in current day comparison. People NOW feel like slayer leveling to PC leveling is imbalanced, and I don't agree with that notion at all. In responce, there is no wya to compare how slow RSC leveling was to anything within RS2 to make it seem fair. I would know; I was there.

Well when I train slayer I get at the most 50k an hour. And that is constantly potting so that my att and str are 113-118 and with the maximum offencive bonuses and slayer mask.

PCers my level get double that xp. So I would say it's unbalanced.

You don't have to compare RSC to RS2 to see how insane PC/slayer are.

At the start of RS2 the maximum offencive stats you could get were +81 slash and +79 strength. That was with a slow dragon long. Now you can get +133 slash and 111 strength with the ultra fast whip. And if you do slayer you can get the 15% effects of the black mask and still have +128 slash.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

Well when I train slayer I get at the most 50k an hour. And that is constantly potting so that my att and str are 113-118 and with the maximum offencive bonuses and slayer mask.

At the start of RS2 the maximum offencive stats you could get were +81 slash and +79 strength. That was with a slow dragon long. Now you can get +133 slash and 111 strength with the ultra fast whip. And if you do slayer you can get the 15% effects of the black mask and still have +128 slash.

Seems odd that when i train slayer i can break 70k exp an hour (certainly not at gargs, or high def monsters, but at bloodveld, dusties, ect)

Im assuming you have 99 att and str, with the insane boosts your talking about, why cant you break 50k xp an hour?

And pcers, even in a fast clan, cant break 100k xp an hour, its 95k tops, and thats MY top, with 99 str and 98 attack in a game a minute pc clan.

aquasig2lc8.png

Seems odd that when i train slayer i can break 70k exp an hour (certainly not at gargs, or high def monsters, but at bloodveld, dusties, ect)

Im assuming you have 99 att and str, with the insane boosts your talking about, why cant you break 50k xp an hour?

And pcers, even in a fast clan, cant break 100k xp an hour, its 95k tops, and thats MY top, with 99 str and 98 attack in a game a minute pc clan.

Do you get 70k an hour average over a few hours with several tasks? No, you get it on the best task of the day (e.g. nechs). PC can be played over and over again, no crap tasks, no switching in burthorpe. If you played for 5 hours that "mere" 95k would be 475k where as if you did 5 hours of slayer you would never get 350k.

Capone_Sabre.png

Do you get 70k an hour average over a few hours with several tasks? No, you get it on the best task of the day (e.g. nechs). PC can be played over and over again, no crap tasks, no switching in burthorpe. If you played for 5 hours that "mere" 95k would be 475k where as if you did 5 hours of slayer you would never get 350k.

Do you get good drops at PC? Do you get xp to slayer there? Does pc open you the doors to the world of abyssal whip and dark bow drops? If you want the fastest xp, go to pc. If you want something else, then do that.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Do you get good drops at PC? Do you get xp to slayer there? Does pc open you the doors to the world of abyssal whip and dark bow drops? If you want the fastest xp, go to pc. If you want something else, then do that.

1k per game adds up.

And anyway, whips and dark bows are almost worthless- who cares?

Capone_Sabre.png

You said the MOST you get is 50k an hour.

And id like to restate that, because at lvl 98 you get 176k xp per 100 points, bonus included, you can break 100k an hour, but thats my top without combat potting.

Anyway, i dont see why it should matter what way you get them, you earn them. If you want to stay in some area fighting the same monster for less exp, then you can. I dont see why you should quit a game which is ment for enjoyment because other people play a minigame.

I dont see why people think they are better than anyone else because they got their levels 'pre-pc'.

aquasig2lc8.png

1k per game adds up.

And anyway, whips and dark bows are almost worthless- who cares?

1k per game adds up maxing combat stats to what, over 20mil cash?

While say the 30+ whips youd get maxing melee or the few dark bows you would get from dark beasts fighting might be deamed worthless by you, to someone who wants them, it is worth quite a bit.

aquasig2lc8.png

And id like to restate that, because at lvl 98 you get 176k xp per 100 points, bonus included, you can break 100k an hour, but thats my top without combat potting.

Anyway, i dont see why it should matter what way you get them, you earn them. If you want to stay in some area fighting the same monster for less exp, then you can. I dont see why you should quit a game which is ment for enjoyment because other people play a minigame.

I dont see why people think they are better than anyone else because they got their levels 'pre-pc'.

People think they are better because they did more effort for it, a man who build his house alone will think it's a better achievement then someone who did it with 3 other people.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

I thought it was obvious I meant an average. PC is consistent xp an hour so why compare the best task when slayer is so uneven? I didn't think someone would miss the point as badly as you did. :?

Once again you've totally missed the point. I didn't have the choice to "If you want to stay in some area fighting the same monster for less exp, then you can" because pest control WASN'T out.

I can't be bothered to argue with someone who can't understand basic points. I'm not going to bother posting again. I have better things to be getting on with.

Capone_Sabre.png