Lady Shahdie's Journey to 99 Smithing - MOVED TO THE BLOG TAB!

i wish i had the same zeal as you do...i get sidetracked....what with getting 70 range for kbd trips with friends or buying gold bars and sapphires and p ess for craftig braces and alching them for crafting and mage levels....well theres not much else to do in f2p...maybe i should go f2p and just grind mining? :o

YOU CAN DO'IT!!!!!!

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wish i had the same zeal as you do...i get sidetracked....what with getting 70 range for kbd trips with friends or buying gold bars and sapphires and p ess for craftig braces and alching them for crafting and mage levels....well theres not much else to do in f2p...maybe i should go f2p and just grind mining? :o

YOU CAN DO'IT!!!!!!

Atom I know you are capable of it as well. The important thing about this goal is to realize that it is not how fast you get there but the fact that you make it to the very end. Its taken me close to 2 years and I'm still going strong. Have faith in yourself my good friend!

Thanks all for the encouraging posts, my progress has now reached 81% completion and at this rate I may be able to make it through the final agonizing 60K+ iron till 99 mining within 3-6 weeks *crosses fingers*. One thing is certain however...I will achieve 97 mining sometime tonight or tomorrow...stay tuned :D !

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

Lvl 97 Mining ACHIEVED!!!

Achieving Level 97 Mining Screenshot

090212232255vs7.png

HUZZAH!

It has been done Tip.Iters! I have made it to level 97 mining! I cannot believe how close my goal is now. It is literally within my grasp. All I have to do is reach out and touch it :shock:.

Just...two...more...levels...*faints*

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Oh wow, what can I say two more levels to go and 100% F2P. Mining hundreds of thousands of iron ores kills brain cells far faster then excessive alcohol consumption however you have done it at the entirely right speed.

Almost there. I in your situation I would remain F2P - how many 99 Miners are there F2P That is the real deal! I had wished I had not been a member prior to embarking on a journey to 99 Mining entirely F2P.

563rd to 99 mining on 15/08/07

99 Farming

Lvl 97 Mining ACHIEVED!!!

Achieving Level 97 Mining Screenshot

090212232255vs7.png

HUZZAH!

It has been done Tip.Iters! I have made it to level 97 mining! I cannot believe how close my goal is now. It is literally within my grasp. All I have to do is reach out and touch it :shock:.

Just...two...more...levels...*faints*

yes!!!!!!!!!!! and yea, i know that its not how fast u do it but when u finish. and little breaks in between levels dont hurt, as i am taking one now

modmarkl.jpg

Hey all, took a short break from mining and decided to play around with my Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 package that I had gotten as a gift recently. I decided to make an RSMV as my first initial test of its capabilities ::'. I got the chance to finally see Slumdog Millionaire this weekend and heard a very powerful song while watching the film. So the song that is featured in my RSMV will be "Paper Planes" by M.I.A. I had fun making this video and hope that you find it fun to watch. Enjoy!

Note: The video was just uploaded and the HQ/HD options may not be available just yet. Below I enclosed it in the HQ version (or at least will be soon). To see the HD visit the video on YouTube and click the "Watch in HD" link when it is available.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

I am not a fan of RS music videos, but i must admit this one is very well made :)

Your mining level is awesome!

I wish you to get it done as soon as possible, but don't rush too fast to it :D Please buy one day of membership and get that awesome cape afterwards :pray:

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Keep up the good work Shahdie, I could only dream of getting to 99 Mining :shock:. Mainly because I can't stand dropping precious ore after ore while mining... I mean iron ore is worth 100 gp a piece, and the time is free! That's like... 100 gp profit per iron ore mined!

Anyway, hope you make it to the end, I'll notice it when I see you at the top of the Mining hiscores :P.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

And another million is downed!!! You guessed it, I'm now at a whopping 11 Million mining xp! Can't wait for the biblical 12 million and of course lucky 13 will soon follow... :D

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

hi, it's Ed Emerald here, good luck on 99 mining! if you keep going, you will get there so just be patient. Mining is a wierd and strangely addicting skill, and also very useful, as 67 runite ore = 1 mill :thumbsup: . i have always enjoyed mining, and i am also going for 99 (72 atm :? ).

Anyway, Good luck and bye, hope 2 c u in rs soon ::' !!!

Ed_Emerald.png

Ed_Emerald.png

Ed_Emerald.png

Ed_emerald.png

just curious...you going to fork over $5 to buy a mining cape then go back to f2p?

modmarkl.jpg

I cant help but notice that I don't see any iron ore on the ground.. or am I hugely mistaken? :shock:

Does this mean that you bank all your pres? :o

Good luck on the last 2 levels, I'm sure you will get it :thumbsup:

~8

+1, I'm also curious if you do/have powermined to get levels =P

Also, great music video. Very well made~

Keep up the great work! Only 2 more levels to go!!!!

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

Thanks for the posts all. I am mostly an iron powerminer but I do bank coal on occasions. Somehow the dark depths of the Mining Guild are relaxing to me and its a nice way for me to take a break from mind numbing powermining sessions. I hop to empty worlds for level ups so no one ends up stealing my ores as I go for the last hit and screenshot :P. As far as membership, the cape seems like a nice reward...you'll see how it'll turn out soon!

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Liar you said you'll get P2P when you reach 99 mining :cry:

Funny vid :P Now the song's stuck in my head.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Thanks for the posts all. I am mostly an iron powerminer but I do bank coal on occasions. Somehow the dark depths of the Mining Guild are relaxing to me and its a nice way for me to take a break from mind numbing powermining sessions. I hop to empty worlds for level ups so no one ends up stealing my ores as I go for the last hit and screenshot :P. As far as membership, the cape seems like a nice reward...you'll see how it'll turn out soon!

I would argue that the skill itself is a fantastic reward. Congrats on 97 mining, you have come a long way now! =D>

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Another landmark achievement happened today, I've cut down my iron ores to under 50k left to mine (49k to be exact)! Each 1,000 iron ores roughly equals 1 hour of mining. Which means within another 49 hours of mining, I will be the next 99 miner of RuneScape. While I'm not exactly what you would call a no-lifer (but certainly close to one :lol:) this still means a couple weeks worth of work. Regardless, the final stretch has truly come and time is merely ticking away before I swing that final strike.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Lvl 98 Mining ACHIEVED!!!

Achieving Level 98 Mining Screenshot

98mininglsrs.png

Total Level:

totallvl999.png

*cue some jazzy Techno music*

ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN --

Errr sorry that song is perhaps a bit dated for this occasion but more importantly...I made it to 98 Mining!!!

I never imagined when this moment would come, how this moment would come, or even IF this moment would ever come. I know for certain now that my journey was all worthwhile and that I am a mere level away from finally reaching its triumphant end. I'm not going to jump the gun and set a party date as my schedule is a bit unpredictable but rest assured Tip.Iters I will certainly leave plenty of time in advance for the big day when I hit the epic 99! As I was mining through level 97 I brainstormed something neat that I could achieve on the party day as well. What is that you may ask? A 1k total level that's what! I figured when I achieved my 1,000th level it would be in style. What better panache than to hit it on the day that I achieve 99 mining? I also will probably cook up a humble but certainly not cheap drop party and a few little party favors will end up in the Fally chest ::'. Thank you all for your constant support and for believing that I would make it this far. I have hardly had naysayers plague my journey and that has only helped my motivation. If you all knew I could do it...then I knew I could DO it.

Now all that's left is 105,327 mouse clicks, 35,109 iron ores to mine, and ultimately 1 epic level to conquer. See you all at the finish line!

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~