Lady Shahdie's Journey to 99 Smithing - MOVED TO THE BLOG TAB!

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

grats. you going to become a member to get that pretty cape? it will go well with your outfit. you can become a member for one month to buy the cape, then revert to f2p. as long as you dont take cape off, you can keep it on and do the emote in f2p

rhupajiva.png

Ah finally under a million xp to go and a small 7% left (lucky number w00t)! Might be another slow week though, hectic college work but hey, progress is progress...I'm a gettin' there :thumbsup:.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

dont stressssss, dont rushhhhh :D

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

the suspense is killing me! how much exp to level! cba to runescript!

modmarkl.jpg

Hey all, just giving you another update so you're not in the dark about how I'm progressing. I'm 601k away from achieving 99 mining and have a mere 5% left till I achieving my goal! 17k iron is left which means around 17 hours of nonstop mining to go :ohnoes:. Hopefully if I squeeze in a few more powermining sessions this weekend (got to go to my cousin's wedding, so thats more of a priority at the moment :) ), I could get down to the last hit by the beginning of next week. We'll have to see how it'll pan out. I'm getting close...

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

wait till nxt friday to level!!

modmarkl.jpg

Yeah no worries Atom, I'm just trying to get to that last hit so I can set aside either this coming Friday or the following Friday for the party! Just got to be extra careful not to rush through and pass the last 5 xp or so :lol:...

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Yeah no worries Atom, I'm just trying to get to that last hit so I can set aside either this coming Friday or the following Friday for the party! Just got to be extra careful not to rush through and pass the last 5 xp or so :lol:...

lol and ive been doing some math too. turns out i should level 84-85 by friday too! how about a double milestone level "party"? i level first as a "opening act" and then you level to 99? 85 and 99 levels both in mining, unheard of at the same time! lol

modmarkl.jpg

Wow! Very, very nice for a f2p to get 99 Mining. I wish you the best of luck with getting that. You have already made an amazing thing by reaching 98. You really should feel proud of yourself when you get 99, it really is amazing that you can get it.

Good luck with the final bit of your big journey!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

You're doing so well!!! Amazing job! Good luck with the last 299k! :D You'll be there in no time! =D>

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Not this Friday please, I want to be able to come, as you're one of my two inspirations in mining, you inspired me to get 65 in F2P, but I upgraded to members for Slayer :twisted: .

I too, might be 85 by the time you get 99. Triple party :D ftw?

~Knotch

Wow, awesome progress! =D> You're closing in on 99 mining, good luck with it! 99 mining is a very well respected skill, because not many people have 99 in it.

Also, good luck on your future goals!

V 99 Mining Party post is directly below this one. V

@Atom:

Sure! Id love to do a double party. Read the party post instructions below to find out what Im planning.

@Knotch:

Im so sorry Knotch :(. Your post was extremely kind and I appreciate that compliment immensely! I just have such an unpredictable schedule that I rather not risk another week only to find out something may come up on that Friday. I truly apologize and once again, I appreciate how much you wanted to come.

@Everyone else:

Wow this blog is a buzzing with posts! Thanks all, Im extremely stoked now :D! As far as what Im doing nextoh goodness Im too excited from nearing this achievement I havent even planned anything afterwards!

V And without further adoheres your invitation to my party! V

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

99partybanner.png

Well its finally down to the last hit and that can only mean one thing...ITS TIME TO PAR-TAY!

PLEASE REFER BACK TO THIS POST REGULARLY! LAST MINUTE CHANGES CAN HAPPEN AT ANY MOMENT

DATE: Friday, March 20th

TIME: 3:00 PM PDT (Pacific Daylight Time)

WORLD: 30

-6.gif

That's right, I am a mere inch away from achieving my long desired goal of 99 mining and I am inviting you to be there, yes YOU! This journey has truly gained me friendships more than achievements, so what better a way to achieve 99 mining than to do it with the people I enjoy being with the most! This will be a party with a slew of achievements, including the celebration of one other than my own! Want to know whats you are in store for? Well read below for the delicious pre-party scoop!

Party Details (A MUST READ):

I will log on at 2:30 PM PDT and enter my clan chat. Within this time feel free to come on in and I will be happy to shoot the breeze with you! CHANGE OF PLANS: Something came up for Atom Smash40, so I currently am not co-hosting the party with anybody, if you too are a miner up for a landmark achievement (such as 85 mining or 99 mining), I am more than happy to invite you to co-host. Co-host or not, there will be a 5 minute grace period nonetheless for you late comers who want to make it to my party :P. At 3:05 I will start preparing everyone for my final swing! Write any silly message that pops in your head into the chatbox emote to indicate you are ready. After I see that the whole crowd is prepared, I will do a 3 second count. Once you see the fireworks, let your message fly into the air if you dare! And thats a basic rundown of the first phase of the party So whats going to happen after that you ask? Plenty more! If you decide to stay along you will see a little cape presentation after I hop back and forth from a members world and then get the chance to receive some sweet party favors!

Did I say cape? Yes I DID! This cape is extra special because it comes as a gift from fellow clanmate and Tip.Iter Kietaro1 <3:. Kietaro out of the kindness of his heart, decided to surprise me and told me that he wished to give me a RuneScape Card as his little gift for my 99 mining party. I am going to remain F2P however once the month of membership expires. Even though this will officially invalidate my pure F2P status, it had always been my desire to eventually pursue membership, guess I will get an early preview of that day for now.

17-03-2009 NOTE: The drop party will take place on a world that allows the use of the Falador Chest (see this post for the reason.)

But my shining moment of joy is not what really concerns you right? You would like to know about the party favors I mentioned correct?! After the cape presentation we will conga line to the Falador Party Room. I will drop an item or a set that benefits each corner of the combat triangle into the chest. These will be the following items:

Party Favors!

droppartystuff.gif

•  
    [*:ozcmwbrv]Wizard Hat (G)

[*:ozcmwbrv]Rune Plate (G)

[*:ozcmwbrv]Green D'hide Set (G)

Afraid you will not receive any gifts? I have received pms from some people who expressed that they are interested in contributing to the good cheer and adding some more goodies to the chest!

So my friends, I hope to see you there and wish to thank those of you who always supported me throughout this arduous journey that almost cost my sanity in the process!

As I said on the first post of this blog, to achieve this goal was: "To dream the impossible dream."

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~