Rap/Hip-hop.

Intriguing

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to listen to some proper rap listen to these guys .

ILL BILL

Necro

Gortex

Canibus

None of this mainsteam [cabbage]

Or if yours looking for a few decent bands try jurassic 5 or 3 6 mafia

ILL BILL

Necro

Gortex

Canibus

I love how people contradict themself, even though it's ever so slightly. And lol at the g unit beef thing

ILL BILL

Necro

Gortex

Canibus

I love how people contradict themself, even though it's ever so slightly. And lol at the g unit beef thing

yeh i know about 3 6 mafia:P only slightly though lol :P knew someone would pick me up on that one, there alright though

but seriously have you heard of ill bill, necro ect? they are the [cabbage] lol

game and 50 cent beef hah

5x65km1.jpg

Mac Dre - Dreganomics.

Mac dre!!! :thumbsup:

hella bay area rappers are good. e40,mistah f.a.b. those kind of guys. and i heard this good song from some mexican guy in la called lean like a cholo. it slapss =P~

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

Mac dre!!! :thumbsup:

Yea, too bad he got shot so young. More people should check him out.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

anyone heard about the beef between the game and g unit?

Yea, The Game ripped 50 a new one with 300 Bars.

hella bay area rappers are good. e40,mistah f.a.b. those kind of guys.

Naww. I'll take a NY rapper anyday over a Cali rapper. All the best MCs are from NY. Except Eminem, who is from Detroit. Don't bring up 2Pac's name either because he was originally from NY.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

Naww. I'll take a NY rapper anyday over a Cali rapper. All the best MCs are from NY. Except Eminem, who is from Detroit. Don't bring up 2Pac's name either because he was originally from NY.

?????? :? i dont think so. You dont go dumb in ny. no way not even close. What color are the buses in ny. plus e40 alone makes up like 70% of all rap slang. hyphy music slapsss.

And its not cali The bay alone is better than ny.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

?????? :? i dont think so. You dont go dumb in ny. no way not even close. What color are the buses in ny. plus e40 alone makes up like 70% of all rap slang. hyphy music slapsss.

And its not cali The bay alone is better than ny.

Ha. You make me laugh. Too bad that's all E40 is good for. He can't rap for his life. But don't be saying that the bay is better than NY. NY > everywhere else when it comes to rap. And what does the color of the buses have to do with anything?

Maybe you should take a listen to Common's "I used to love H.E.R.", take a little history lesson about what happened to rap when it went west. Not saying that I don't like rap from the west, but just listen to it.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

Um, still not sure what you mean by "mainstream"...So far, im thinking "something nobody has ever heard of"....

Anyway, you should try some rap groups instead of individual rappers. Try three 6 mafia, wu-tang clan, or bone thugs-n-harmony. Personally, my favorite rappers would be 2pac, ice cube, snoop dogg (not that great now), and eminem. Honestly, the older the rapper is, the better he probably is.

I suppose some "mainstream" rappers i like are The Game, young jeezy and lil wayne/birdman. Did i mention MC Hammer :XD: ?

...And try Vanilla Ice for encore :thumbsup: .

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

um ghost ride the whip anyone? 8-) the bay is the best dont hate . the bay kills ny. ohhh comon <3: no! :twisted:

ny isnt even that great compared to the bay. people in east oakland go so dumb every night at the sydeshows. Yellow bus ridin? :XD: =P~

Just to stir this up a bit but what artist/songs would you recommend to someone who's never really had an interest in rap before? I'm a huge metalhead.

I guess you could say I'm not really looking for some guys talking about how big of a pimp they are or how much they get from their girl. More of something that kind of just makes the (good) rap what it is.

To be honest I've never given the genre a shot so I'm curious.

Nadril to me it seems like you would like the old eminem, check out some rapcore(mix of metal and rap) and as I've suggested before, Atmosphere-greatest rap duo that isn't mainstream, I love em

Never liked rapcore, the two genres just don't mix for me.

I think I remember listening to older Eminem stuff back in the day before I got into metal. I'll check out the other suggestion too as well, thanks.

lupe isn't "mainstream" per se he just broke mainstream if that makes any sense, basically he's got the underground message but is also played in the mainstream

Kanye West is also a good example <3 his song Stronger and also Common is good but I don't really listen to him :\

Just to stir this up a bit but what artist/songs would you recommend to someone who's never really had an interest in rap before? I'm a huge metalhead.

I'll just list of a few that are worth a listen;

• Nas

Common

Talib Kweli

Public Enemy

Lupe Fiasco

Kanye West (not the greatest lyricist but he has his moments and is always very heartfelt)

2pac

A Tribe Called Quest

I can't think of any more off of the top of my head but that's a decent introduction for you.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)