Rap/Hip-hop.

Intriguing

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stating my opinions, I don't like rap... how does that make me ignorant? It's just people talking, seeing as they can't play guitar, drums, etc. to the point where they can make money off of it.

And the stuff they do. Akon raped a girl on stage. Half of them have been in jail most of their lives. How can anyone listen to someone like that? And when they are talking about drugs and killing people?

It's just beyond me... Screamo/Metal people may have issues, but they don't go crazy about them and start wearing baggy clothes six sizes to big, with a few thousand rings and chains on, while talking to a rhythm about how they are going to go get high and kill someone.

Not that I'm biased, some groups/ people I can bear to listen to (Kid Rock, etc.), but most of it I hate.

Again, all IMO. Not trying to change your views, just stating mine.

And I admit my original post was blunt, should of explained better.

No, you just showed your ignorance, twice in a row. Akon is only one person, and not even a rapper at that. Not all rap is focused on drugs, women, killing, etc. if you would have actually taken the time to listen to what you criticize so freely. Some rappers have done prison time, but it doesn't bother me, it gives them a different perspective on life.

And I hate when people talk about rapping when as if it were just "talking". It's more than that, it's also rhyming while being able to tell a story, managing a good flow, ad being so lyrically powerful it's poetry. Example:

"I sip the Dom P, watchin Gandhi til I'm charged

Then writin in my book of rhymes, all the words pass the margin

To hold the mic I'm throbbin, mechanical movement

Understandable smooth [s-word] that murderers move wit

The thief's theme, play me at night, they won't act right

The fiend of hip-hop has got me stuck like a crack pipe

The mind activation, react like I'm facin time like

Perry Mason with pens I'm embracin

Wipe the sweat off my dome, spit the phlegm on the streets

Suede Timb's on my feets, makes my cypher, complete

Whether crusin in a six-cab, or Montero Jeep

I can't call it, the beats make me fallin asleep

I keep fallin, but never fallin six feet deep"

Yeah, just talking.

Stating my opinions, I don't like rap... how does that make me ignorant? It's just people talking, seeing as they can't play guitar, drums, etc. to the point where they can make money off of it.

And the stuff they do. Akon raped a girl on stage. Half of them have been in jail most of their lives. How can anyone listen to someone like that? And when they are talking about drugs and killing people?

It's just beyond me... Screamo/Metal people may have issues, but they don't go crazy about them and start wearing baggy clothes six sizes to big, with a few thousand rings and chains on, while talking to a rhythm about how they are going to go get high and kill someone.

Not that I'm biased, some groups/ people I can bear to listen to (Kid Rock, etc.), but most of it I hate.

Again, all IMO. Not trying to change your views, just stating mine.

And I admit my original post was blunt, should of explained better.

Just so you know, I'm a huge fan of metal of most types (I hate rapcore and anything that has a possibility of a radio play). But here are some comparisons.

Rap : Supposably half of them have spent most of their lives in jail.

Metal : Varg Vikernes. Enough said.

Rap : Supposably all they talk about is drugs and killing people.

Metal : Looked at any grindcore lyrics lately?

Rap : Baggy clothes.

Metal : http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/reviews.cfm/id/1322/page/top____most_ridiculous_black_metal_pics_of_all_time.html

Admittedly, I took the extremes of the metal genre, but you took to the extremes of the rap genre.

And in your first post, you weren't simply stating your opinion. You were being a tool.

Cool.

I'd rather have

tk-icon.jpg

'talking' about racial questions.

than

Dimmu6.jpg

'screaming' about nailing blonde virgins to the cross.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I'm being picky (and it's probably not your fault anyway) but that should be Pappy Mason; he was a big New York drug dealer who was put in prison.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I've been listinin' to Ghostface Killah a lot more than I use to. For those who don't know, Ghostface is a member of the Wu-Tang Clan (the single greatest rap group of all time :P ), and is considered to be one of the mot lyrically gifted rappers of all time, due to his amazing storytellign abilities. He's way good.

ANybody else like him?

Yeah,he's amazing but imo raekwons better :wink:

No, you just showed your ignorance, twice in a row. Akon is only one person, and not even a rapper at that. Not all rap is focused on drugs, women, killing, etc. if you would have actually taken the time to listen to what you criticize so freely. Some rappers have done prison time, but it doesn't bother me, it gives them a different perspective on life.

And I hate when people talk about rapping when as if it were just "talking". It's more than that, it's also rhyming while being able to tell a story, managing a good flow, ad being so lyrically powerful it's poetry. Example:

Yeah, just talking.

Okay, I'll say it outright then. Rap is terrible. It's Retards Attempting Poetry. No crazy guitar solos, drums that hit more than 3 notes the whole song, frankly, it's boring.

Nothings gonna change that.

Get over it.

I don't like it.

And to think I thought I could get away from people like this by quitting runescape... here was me thinking the average tipiter had a higher maturity level than your average scaper. I never attacked rap directly. Now I did. Never said you had to listen to metal, just said it's the way to go.

Drop it and grow up. Honestly, attacking a stranger on an online because he doesn't like rap...

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

Yeah, just talking.

Okay, I'll say it outright then. Rap is terrible. It's Retards Attempting Poetry. No crazy guitar solos, drums that hit more than 3 notes the whole song, frankly, it's boring.

Get over it.

I don't like it.

And to think I thought I could get away from people like this by quitting runescape... here was me thinking the average tipiter had a higher maturity level than your average scaper. I never attacked rap directly. Now I did. Never said you had to listen to metal, just said it's the way to go.

Drop it and grow up. Honestly, attacking a stranger on an online because he doesn't like rap...

Or maybe it was because you just came into a thread (which was about rap,not post your favourite genre of music here or anything) and thought it would be a good idea post about the fact you don't like rap.Fair enough but don't act like a [bleep] about it on this thread. Also gratz on showing your ignorance for the 3rd time. :wall:

If you held any status in any online forum I'd kill your [wagon] with an awesome beat off soundclick, kid^

Choco didn't attack you either stupid [wagon], honestly you're acting like a child because he proved a point that they do have verses that are lyrical. I don't like your stupid [cabbage] you listen to either, [bleep]ing screaming at a microphone like a dumb [wagon], or possibly no life my time figuring how to pluck a string, I mean isn't that all rock is? Plucking a few strings, tapping on a peice of plastic or taught animal skin or whatever [bleep]ing type of drum it is, sounds about as talentless as rapping is

You walked into a thread fully knowing it was about rap and then you try to talk [cabbage], get the [bleep] out kid. Honestly, Runescape is filled with dumb [wagon] that listen to mainstream and even I will defend mainstream but I know they have the annoying wannabe gangsters and you get all pissed because choco quotes something that isn't mainstream(no clue what song it is but could've been mainstream at the time, no clue) and from what I've seen him post he isn't a wannabe gangster from runescape...you sir, failed at making a post. Have this copied and pasted into word if some mod tries removing my post again. IF YOU WANNA REMOVE IT, edit the words to something nicer, don't delete it.

Get over it.

I don't like it.

This is going to sound like a kind of cleche queation, but why did you post on this thread then? I wasn't asking for people to find me some metal bands, I was asking for rap/hip-hop artists.

And you're hardly the person to be calling others immature..

EDIT : To i123i, you should really try out a genre before you bag it out like that. To say that all rock is is plucking a few strings is just idiotic and ignorant.

Cool.

Yeah, just talking.

Get over it.

I don't like it.

Third time isn't the charm I guess. I give a point, and you call rappers [developmentally delayed]s. I honestly DON'T CARE if you like rap, if you don't, why you come INTO A THREAD TITLED "RAP/HIP-HOP"? It is very, VERY obvious that the main discussion is going to be regarding Rap and hip-hop, so why enter? To come not reccomend rap, then talk about Iron Maiden, which is, y'know, spam?

So since I like rap I'm stupid? You are seriously showing your ignorance, big time. I never said you had to listen to rap, but you came in here bad mouthing music you never even heard.

You're the one who needs to grow up. Coming into a thread and bad-mouthing the topic with no actual reason, then having to insult someone when you're actually proven wrong.

Starting a fight then tellng someone else to drop it, yeesh :roll: #-o ...

Get over it.

I don't like it.

EDIT : To i123i, you should really try out a genre before you bag it out like that. To say that all rock is is plucking a few strings is just idiotic and ignorant.

I'll say what I want to piss another ignorant off just as much as they did me, I was being rather snide at him on purpose to piss off.

Pissing people off on online forums is sooooo much fun, you can do it on any subject, and they absoulutlely flip out on you for it...

And it's funny to have buddies over and laugh at these people.

I'm afraid all of you have just been Punked.

Let the immaturity comments, etc., now begin.

Us here in RL will just laugh at you more.

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

Pissing people off on online forums is sooooo much fun, you can do it on any subject, and they absoulutlely flip out on you for it...

I hope you don't use msn much or else you'll find it that you can't log in

:lol: what a life you and your "buddies" are living my friend.

but im confused as to when this topic became a rap bashing thread? i thought the guy wanted to broaden his horizon and listen to somthing new... here you all are spamming and flaming up his topic. he should really request it be locked since he created and it cant be much use to him with all these chickens squawwwking away like some 1 insulted there mothers.

but anyways, intriguing (sp) you should check out the new kayne west song. im not much into hip hop but i like daft punk and that songs just really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oud7uTXp-Kg

kanye west - stronger (explicit lyrics)

flame away.

So you go around on a video game forum to make people mad so you can get a laugh in RL? You just admitted to lacking a life.

Heh. :lol:

but anyways, intriguing (sp) you should check out the new kayne west song. im not much into hip hop but i like daft punk and that songs just really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oud7uTXp-Kg

kanye west - stronger (explicit lyrics)

flame away.

Yeah, Kanye West is one of the few mainstream artists I can actually handle. Stronger, and other songs of his, like Jesus Walks aren't too bad.

Cool.

You are pathetic. Yeah, you probably don't listen to rap/hip-hop, or even like it, but what harm ever came out of having respect for those that do? I listen to a wide range of music, including rap and death metal.

Tbh, you make "metal heads" look bad.

Go ahead laugh at me, I couldn't really care. Cheap kicks for you, eh.

boratto.jpg

I've been listinin' to Ghostface Killah a lot more than I use to. For those who don't know, Ghostface is a member of the Wu-Tang Clan (the single greatest rap group of all time :P ), and is considered to be one of the mot lyrically gifted rappers of all time, due to his amazing storytellign abilities. He's way good.

ANybody else like him?

Yeah,he's amazing but imo raekwons better :wink:

Naww, Ghost is better than Rae. But Inspectah Deck and Method Man are the best rappers from the Wu.

And Chcocobo, if your gonna use a Nas song for an example of good rap, you should use his best. The World is Yours was good, but I know two better ones, one is also off Illmatic:

NY State of Mind

Rappers I monkey flip em with the funky rhythm I be kickin

Musician, inflictin composition

of pain I'm like Scarface sniffin cocaine

Holdin a M-16, see with the pen I'm extreme, now

Bulletholes left in my peepholes

I'm suited up in street clothes

Hand me a nine and I'll defeat foes

Y'all know my steelo with or without the airplay

I keep some E&J, sittin bent up in the stairway

Or either on the corner bettin grands with the celo champs

Laughin at baseheads, tryin to sell some broken amps

G-Packs get off quick, forever [racist term]z talk [cabbage]

Remeniscing about the last time the Task Force flipped

[racist term]z be runnin through the block shootin

Time to start the revolution, catch a body head for hell

Once they caught us off guard, the Mac-10 was in the grass and

I ran like a cheetah with thoughts of an assassin

Picked the Mac up, told brothers, "Back up," the Mac spit

Lead was hittin [racist term]z one ran, I made him backflip

Heard a few chicks scream, my arm shook, couldn't look

Gave another squeeze heard it click yo, my [cabbage] is stuck

Tried to [rooster] it, it wouldn't shoot now I'm in danger

Finally pulled it back and saw three bullets caught up in the chamber

So now I'm jetting to the building lobby

and it was full of children probably couldn't see as high as I be

(So whatchu sayin?) It's like the game ain't the same

Got youngin' [racist term]z pullin the triggers bringing fame to they name

and claim some corners, crews without guns are goners

In broad daylight, stickup kids, they run up on us

Fo'-fives and gauges, Macs in fact

Same [racist term]z'll catch a back to back, snatchin yo' cracks in black

Yo there's a snitch on the block gettin [racist term]z knocked

So hold your stash 'til the coke price drop

I know this crackhead, who said she gotta smoke nice rock

And if it's good she'll bring ya customers in measuring pots, but yo

You gotta slide on a vacation

Inside information keeps large [racist term]z erasin and they wives basin

It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime when I'm in a New York state of mind

OR

Made You Look

Uh, uh, uh, now let's get it all in perspective

For all y'all enjoyment, a song y'all can step wit'

Y'all appointed me to bring rap justice

But I ain't five-O, y'all know it's Nas yo

Grey goose and a whole lotta hydro

Only describe us as soldier survivors

Stay laced in the best, well dressed with finesse

In a white tee lookin for wifie

Thug girl who fly and talks so nicely

Put her in the coupe so she can feel the nice breeze

We can drive thru the city no doubt, but don't say my car's topless

Say the [bleep]s is out, newness here's the anthem

Put your hand up that you shoot with, count your loot wit'

Push the pool stick in your new crib, same hand that you hoop with

Swing around like you stu-pid, king'a the town, yeah I been that

You know I click-clack where you and yor men's at

Do the Smurf, do the Wop, Baseball Bat

Rooftop like we bringing '88 back

They shootin'! -- Aw made you look

You a slave to a page in my rhyme book

Gettin' big money, playboy your time's up

Where them gangstas? Where them dimes at?

Made You Look is probably one of the illest songs ever made.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting