Jagex considering runescape for a console release.

bluecentaur

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(I'm typing this out on my Wii)

If the Wii's Opera browser supported Java (I think it only supports JavaScript ATM) and a USB keyboard (it has 2 USB) ports in the back), then RuneScape could be played on the Wii. Just set the mouse buttons settings to 1 and you're off (Wii Mote only uses a left click button). Of course you could also use a USB mouse instead.

If that was so, I'd find it hard to get out of my room. I could stretch/work out while skilling or killing a monster, and do not have to worry about my sister hogging the computer :P

I could just use my PSP to browse other sites while playing RS if I needed to.

Wii can all dream...

Lb256 -==-Level: 96, 82 hp, 91 wc, 70 agility, 71 thieving, 91 fishing, 92 cooking-==-

"recently hit one million subscribers and boasts over 5 million active players."

Wow 5 million active players, that cant be right. If theres 1m active members and roughly the same amount of each world, the f2p worlds should all be full.

fdsfds.png

www.di-rs.com

"recently hit one million subscribers and boasts over 5 million active players."

Wow 5 million active players, that cant be right. If theres 1m active members and roughly the same amount of each world, the f2p worlds should all be full.

Depends on what they consider "active"

I really hope they pick Wii for this one, wii deserve it!

And some better graphics too since it's for a video-game console, for crying out loud

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

if rs should come out on any console it must be a ps3 ftw!!!

ps3 can cope with better graphics so they can make it look spot on perfect and the ps3 also has more memory capability so if needs be you could always save it to the ps3's hard disk

junioradam.png

It would be fun, but they better improve the graphics then. I can't imagine ugly Rs graphics on a Ps3, nobody would buy the game. The ps3 is really expensive though.

I guess active refers to logging in every couple of days, maybe 3-4 days.

2480+ total

Well it's a pity that a PS3 cannot handle JAVA... Because I've already visited runescape.com on my PS3 and I could post on the forums and everything but I couldn't play RS because it's JAVA. I could play flash applications like the ones you find on miniclip.com though... Really handy this built in web browser ^^ So if they just get Sony to start handling JAVA then they can have their game on the console without slowing down on updates :)

If there was a council release of runescape it would be on the wii because of the wiimotes actions such as moving the nunchuck as a sheild and the wiimote as a sword.

But with 2H weapons I am not sure

:-k

coolsam223.gif

coolsam223.gif

url=http://www.draynor.net/]coolsam223.gif[/url]

That would be weird just thinking about it. Yeah sure.. Headset instead of keyboard and what as a mouse? That would be hard to move to certain places...

Ns

It just goes to show that, though there's an age requirement, there's no IQ requirement to play RS.

kule2000rf7.jpg

Wait, my friend said he got a keylogger and lyke he coudln't type, so I assumed it messed up his hands?

That would be weird just thinking about it. Yeah sure.. Headset instead of keyboard and what as a mouse? That would be hard to move to certain places...

Ns

JUst imagine that in falador park, world 2. With a headset. SELLING BUyi- @))k AZSIGIUZAHselling buyyingoffer noobb@SCVAMMED!!! REPORTEDBUYING!!!1. Imagine that in a headset, with 8 year-olds screaming.

mithmsanta,driller75.gif

Ns

JUst imagine that in falador park, world 2. With a headset. SELLING BUyi- @))k AZSIGIUZAHselling buyyingoffer noobb@SCVAMMED!!! REPORTEDBUYING!!!1. Imagine that in a headset, with 8 year-olds screaming.

And I thought the constant text was hell, that would be an utter nightmare.

blackmbnaval,Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

t would just kill runescape.compared to elder scrolls oblivion out on the xbox360 for example,it would just be blown out of the water.yeah it would get support from existing fans but by many who havent ecxperienced the great game they would just slate it.it also would feel as good.i love the crudness of the game and its accessibility.i hope it doesnt go onto consoles anyway.

I must say that I feel the same. RS is made for the internet, so let it stay there, Jagex!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Ns

Eek! I thought Xbox Live was bad

t would just kill runescape.compared to elder scrolls oblivion out on the xbox360 for example,it would just be blown out of the water.yeah it would get support from existing fans but by many who havent ecxperienced the great game they would just slate it.it also would feel as good.i love the crudness of the game and its accessibility.i hope it doesnt go onto consoles anyway.

Some of my thoughts exactly.

I hope it comes out for only the Wii, mostly because that would be awsome, and because I hate XBox people because theyre so full of themselves... <.<

By the way, THE Wii IS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pasty.png

Gee, Im glad some people are so nice to new arrivals at tip.it... <.<

Some people think the universe will implode when they click a link they don't trust. They have yet to figure out that you have to download something before you can get any kind of keylogger or virus.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I doubt that runescape will every be made into a console game. Unless its for the wii, 360's and ps3's don't have enough button to do everything on runescape. Even with the wii, it might be weird still.

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)