reset? i don't think so.

NinjaChicken

If I (or any experienced player) made a new account, it'd soon be level 50 with its own set of full rune.

Full Rune wouldn't be in the game for at least 3 months.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't so clear about what I meant. I mean that if I made a new RS2 account (or the game was reset), I would soon have these things.

Hmm... A thought just hit me. Are you saying that if the game were to be reset, there would be no full rune? That's a distinct possibility, almost definite. In that case, you're absolutely right.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

hmm...competition servers does sound cool and yah level 3 people now it might take a long time to get used to the game like look at most of the 1yr of playing threads they have 1300-1500 total seems to be the avarage but if i made a new account now and played for a year i could probably get 1700-1800 total just cause the first month id have lots of game expirience and can get character out of the noob stage quick.

but reset no those people worked at thier 200m exp and people have shown that it is possible to catch up if you work hard. most of the biggies in classic quit but zezima didnt

but if they did have a start over server and then you see who has the best levels that would be awesome if we could still keep our mains and not let all that work go to waste..

no reset

beta server would be fun

StarViv.png

If they reset the servers I'd have to quit and get a real life (scary, I know) 3-4 years of work gone down the drain. :ohnoes:

You knew it was down the drain, a waste of time, in the first place though.

2480+ total

i wanted them to reset it so that everyone can have an equal chance of getting in the top highscores. but newere players still wouldn't have the experience that the older ones do, so it would be harder for them to level up.

...an equal chance? like a "fair" race to see who has the fastest computer and most stamina?

btw, I might play again for the quests, since I never saw the updated graphics. but otherwise, it's not worth it in my opinion.

...|>..

.\.|>..

i wanted them to reset it so that everyone can have an equal chance of getting in the top highscores. but newere players still wouldn't have the experience that the older ones do, so it would be harder for them to level up.

...an equal chance? like a "fair" race to see who has the fastest computer and most stamina?

btw, I might play again for the quests, since I never saw the updated graphics. but otherwise, it's not worth it in my opinion.

No way could this EVER be a "fair" race. The people with more experience would level up WAAAAYYYYYYYY faster than any others, because they know the most efficient ways. Those players would soon again dominate the high scores list. Jagex will never reset the game - they would simply lose too much of their member base out of people who are disgusted at the phenomenal waste of time most people put into this game being destroyed in one fell swoop so that noobs who can't play have a "fair" chance at the highscores list. Although the chance wouldn't really be fair, as discussed above. So it's a lose-lose situation for Jagex.

lSEHB.gif

Don't tell me what I know and don't know! For all you know I'm a complete idiot! Err... I mean...dang. :wall:

Fear is your only God

guth8os.gif

walmart44.png

Could you imagine going back to the days where a rune 2h cost 1m. :shock:

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

If they reset the servers I'd have to quit and get a real life (scary, I know) 3-4 years of work gone down the drain. :ohnoes:

No, it wasn't a waste of time in the first place. I know I have had a great time playing the game(I'm guessing most people here have too), therefore, it wasn't a waste. Losing everything I worked for would turn it into a waste.

As for having a reset, I would probably quit. It just wouldn't be as fun, having experienced it all before.

No, it wasn't a waste of time in the first place. I know I have had a great time playing the game(I'm guessing most people here have too), therefore, it wasn't a waste. Losing everything I worked for would turn it into a waste.

As for having a reset, I would probably quit. It just wouldn't be as fun, having experienced it all before.

I'm gonna have to post simply to agree with this statement. It's definitely true, anything you enjoy is not a waste of time. Else, sports would be a complete waste of time as well. As would practically anything other than working, eating and sleeping.

lSEHB.gif

If it was just to please me, then I'd say yes. I just think it would be fun, but i really can't think of a reason why. I guess its just a fresh start would be cool, and i wouldn't miss my accounts now, because i really haven't put much time into them (1100 in 2.5 years :D ).

untitled-1.png

it would not be 100% fair for everyone. some people will play longer than others and spend days on the game. after a few years it will just return to how it is now. but i do think it will be so much fun doing all that nooby stuff again.

i don't think that it will be like the first time you played, because then you did not know how to do things, but now you do so you won't spend too much time discovering again.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

I'd actually welcome it, it would bring rs back to a time when loads of people were newbies and the smallest armour was appreciated. It would be loads of fun because im not ridiculously overbothered by my levels.

• 2 weeks later...

i don't think reseting stats would be a good idea. it would change the economy, making items ores and logs even more expensive. i guess it would be extremely beneficial for those who could get their levels up quickly though... :-k

100% f2p 8-)

rampage30.png

MSSW3sig.png

I don't think runescape ever will be resetted.

It might once will die of to many autoers, bots.. But there will be no reset.

If there becomes a reset many people won't ever begin again.

So Jagex would have less paying members.

And there won't be a "fair" race.

It would be all about who would play most.

• 2 months later...
They won't make a runescape 3 unless the entire world gets overrun with macroers again. They don't see any reason to.

the entire world is overrun with macroers (well exept the elf lands and the fishing colony maybe...)

and i would love it if they would reset or make a new version. i loved my first days in rs but now that everyone is so high lvld it wouldn't be fun to be lvl 3 again unles everyone would be lvl 3

...there would be more opportunities for socialization then if everyone is at the same spot...

I just had an idea. What if player's combat levels weren't openly displayed? That'd be a major cut-down on people harassing others simply for their levels.

Sorry for not being at all on topic.

I would most definitely not play if they reset the game. I've been playing for two years this winter, and if someone flushed all of that down the drain, you'd better believe I'd be ticked.

50m.png

^ Going for full 3rd age Ranged, no coif, with about 10m to spare. Merching ftw.^

TIF vs KWD=Tif scared

No. 'Nuff said. Maybe make an extra server or two for new characters only, but if they reset all the accounts, everyone would be pissed off, and everyone would be trying to make accounts named 'Zezima'...

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

NO.

Would anyone like it if their work that they have been working on for years suddenly gets decimated?

It will be impossible for the number of lvl 99's to get really high, as not many people have the perseverance to continue to that stage, thus Jagex will not have an excuse to reset the game.

My Blog

Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

4z9pgcp.gif