Anyone here on EMA...

Futurama

Back in my day the government didn't need to pay people to go to school or bribe them with iPods and xboxes to make sure they turn up for exams.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Back in my day the government didn't need to pay people to go to school or bribe them with iPods and xboxes to make sure they turn up for exams.

EMA is to encourage youths to STAY on in full time education..Because some poor families encourage their sons/daughters to go and work at 16 to bring money into the home

That's interesting....

Actually no I lied, thats really boring to be honest.

A positive post every once in a while wouldn't go amiss.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Government grants have been going around since the 1950s/60s. Unless you're over 50 (which, being on this forum I highly doubt), you're wrong.

Owww... so that money I've been eating into was my bonus... woops. #-o

A positive post every once in a while wouldn't go amiss.

It doesn't matter, he raises an interesting point.

summerpngwy6.jpg

EMA is an unfair idea, the people whos parents are earning good money get nothing.....what the hell? Just because I knew I wanted to stay on at school, it seems really unfair that people get 30 quid a week (!!!) for doing nothing but turning up on time, when people like me, hardworking etc has to try and balance there extra subject with a part time job to try and make the 30 quid some stupid idiot who stayed on at school PURELY so he didn't have to get a job, gets free!! What a rubbish system!

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

For Dan (and this isnt sarchasm): Horray for money to help with purchasing books and computers for which poorer people can get a better education and thus a better job. This then means more money is gained via income tax to help support even more people get out of the poverty trap :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I didn't get EMA and most people i knew who did get it used it for stuff that didn't have anything to do with college. If you give it one person, give it to everyone. It's unfair.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

mhm, it's basically if your parrent(s) earn under x amount of money you get some money each week thats supposed to go towards helping with buying food, travel expenses ect. But in actual fact the majority of people get like the eqivilant of $50 a week that goes towards things that have nothing to do with college.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

mhm, it's basically if your parrent(s) earn under x amount of money you get some money each week thats supposed to go towards helping with buying food, travel expenses ect. But in actual fact the majority of people get like the eqivilant of $50 a week that goes towards things that have nothing to do with college.

By majority of people you mean your group of friends obviously.

Instead of giving money to people though everything should just be free. Free transport to/from school, free books, discounted computers etc. This is much better than giving cash and ensures it goes to the right places.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

logo.jpg

Instead of giving money to people though everything should just be free. Free transport to/from school, free books, discounted computers etc. This is much better than giving cash and ensures it goes to the right places.
Bingo. Sounds better than pure cash to someone.

I'm guessing EMA is some program only in England?

In Australia we have youth allowance. One of my friends in year 11 is on that, except he gives the money to his mum who uses it to pay rent..

There's also another type of youth allowance which gives you money when you're in Uni if you earned a certain amount before you went to Uni. I'm gonna be cashing in on that. :)

Cool.

sounds like a waste of goverment money to me.
There is no such thing as government money. Its tax payers money.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I went, and i needed the cash to pay for the train fare, i lived miles away. Kinda, wish i didn't go to college though. Would have done better with out it.

In Holland you only have to show your student card to get free public transport. That's what it should be like here in the UK.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi