Varrock, Achiement diarys in the making?

12pure34

I wanted a bloody Fremminik Achievment Diary but nooooooo it had to be Varrock -.-

yea, wtf varrock? what is in varrock? a mugger or something.

what does the fremnick provinces have? dag kings, giant rock crabs yaks, trolls large numbers of mildly level combat monsters. and good resources... because of the fremmy islands we got tons of stuff, walaskis multiple dag's at least 4 kinds? (king,spawn, ranger,strong melee) then we got lunar island, squai or whatever and dream island stuff... and then we also got yaks and trolls.

cmon... what does varrock have? a museum an anvil a mine and 2 guilds and a rune ess mining place...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted a bloody Fremminik Achievment Diary but nooooooo it had to be Varrock -.-

yea, wtf varrock? what is in varrock? a mugger or something.

what does the fremnick provinces have? dag kings, giant rock crabs yaks, trolls large numbers of mildly level combat monsters. and good resources... because of the fremmy islands we got tons of stuff, walaskis multiple dag's at least 4 kinds? (king,spawn, ranger,strong melee) then we got lunar island, squai or whatever and dream island stuff... and then we also got yaks and trolls.

cmon... what does varrock have? a museum an anvil a mine and 2 guilds and a rune ess mining place...

Don't forget the slayer dungeon.

Varrock has... nothing. The only reason varrock won this poll is because it had a makeover the week before, stupid timing by Jagex #-o

Another thing I think is right to mention is how long it takes to make one Diary. Jagex said it can take anywhere up to six months; think of how much Varrock could be updated in that time.

Another thing I think is right to mention is how long it takes to make one Diary. Jagex said it can take anywhere up to six months; think of how much Varrock could be updated in that time.

Yup.

I don't understand why everyone refuses to see the possibility that they might just add new content to varrock with the release of the new diary. :?

best-guide-ever.jpg

Mod maz (the developer of the Karmaja diary) stated when she developed the ide of the diries they dont have to stick to the format of "easy, medium and hard" they can take other formats when required.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Mod maz (the developer of the Karmaja diary) stated when she developed the ide of the diries they dont have to stick to the format of "hard, medium and hard" they can take other formats when required.

Oh noes, no more easy tasks for the lower lvls. :XD:

best-guide-ever.jpg

And keep in mind too..

Just because theres nothing currently abvious in Varrock that might be difficult, Jagex.. (As DEVELOPERS of this game) could easily spash in some new hard challenges at any moment.

Other things might lie right under our noses that we dont realize and wouldnt think of as tasks. Just because its not high level combat dosent mean its not challenging to do.

dawnsigblue-3.png

the problem that i have with varrock is that some of the hard things in there are not redoable. for example, what if you had to get a challenge scroll and and kill the champion. Not possible if you have already done them all. Similarly, to PK someone 10 levels higher than you, not good if you are level 117+! I doubt that the wild will come into it as that should be a seperate area. It will go as far as the digsite, river salve and barb village.

I reckon that they should have simply done a single diary for lumby, varrock and fally (misthalin). There is enough content in all of those combined to make it work much better.

As someone said above, I'm holding out for more content to be implemented in varrock first, like more mithril dragons or something really tough to kill.

It seems that most tipiters voted for fremmy, I voted there too. Oh well, never mind. I am sure that it will get its diary eventually.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

Mod maz (the developer of the Karmaja diary) stated when she developed the ide of the diries they dont have to stick to the format of "hard, medium and hard" they can take other formats when required.

Oh noes, no more easy tasks for the lower lvls. :XD:

Lol woops! you knwo what I meant! :-w But in some areas such at the elf lands for example..... seen as you have to do soem challenging quests to reach it "easy" tasks are a bit pointless...

sig2webzx7.jpg

I am going to ask something which I bet no one will listen to, but I'm asking it anyway. :P

Please, read what I and others have said! Runescape is constantly being developed, new things are put into the game every month. Now ask yourself, why in gods name would the tasks or the reward have to be something that is already in the game.

Think about the reward for the hard task on karamja. A mine with gem rocks which you can teleport to using the hard gloves. That is a new area, not an existing one. Why on earth wouldn't it be the same for Varrock. Use your imagination and you will hopefully see there are plenty of possibilities...

:shock: Maybe instead of easy, medium, and hard....what if we have a mini quest that involves everyone in varock in a long and tedius task :XD: Imagine One small favor again ::'

No! Not one small favor again! :ohnoes:

best-guide-ever.jpg

I have a feeling that we will see a high level minigame that will be located near Varrock. And much like Karamja, I expect the Varrock acheivement diary will cover a large area.

Expect tasks involving Edgeville, the stronghold of security, some wilderness tasks, some digsites, perhaps even having to complete a task by going to that island that has been discovered but currently inaccessible (which is where i think a high level minigame could be located).

The diary will probably come out November time I reckon, and the way Jagex have been releasing good updates lately, who knows what could possibly happen in the area within 4 months.

Dark_Jab.png

the problem that i have with varrock is that some of the hard things in there are not redoable. for example, what if you had to get a challenge scroll and and kill the champion. Not possible if you have already done them all. Similarly, to PK someone 10 levels higher than you, not good if you are level 117+! I doubt that the wild will come into it as that should be a seperate area. It will go as far as the digsite, river salve and barb village.

I just had to be 117 combat. <.<

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

I agree with the people saying that Jagex can add new stuff.

Remember the museum? They told us that they found a new island north on the river, and that we can go there sometime, but not yet. That is very likely to include a high level update, which can make up for a hard task.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

I think that we are reading too much into this. As someone quoted a mod, the tasks don't have to be easy, medium, and hard. We are basing this off of one example. Personally, as a high level, I hope they do add some high level content. The only times I visit Varrock are the rare times I'm smithing and when I want to sell something on World 1.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

I was mad when I saw the results... Varrock was a horrible choice.

I mean... what can the reward be? :?

same here, i voted for the fremmenik area too.

how about for the reward, they add a new spell to your spellbook, the .... Varrok Teleport!

oh wait..... #-o

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

I was mad when I saw the results... Varrock was a horrible choice.

I mean... what can the reward be? :?

same here, i voted for the fremmenik area too.

how about for the reward, they add a new spell to your spellbook, the .... Varrok Teleport!

oh wait..... #-o

The Varrok teleport?? That sounds awesome, i really hope they do add that! :P

Or maybe the reward will be errr...the Varrock guard platelegs (or whatever it is that they are) which could possibly have a str bonus :)

Then we'd have a full berzerker set.

Dark_Jab.png

People with <1000 total should get one vote tally, >1000 total should get two vote tallies, >1500 should get three, and >2000 should get four. This would help balance out the outcome of the GC polls.

Agreed. Nice idea.

Easy tasks:

Report 10 autoers

Medium tasks:

Get 50 noobs to beg for money in 1 hour

Hard tasks:

??

Probably use agility shortcuts in the sewers and stuff like that for hard.

Varrock always was and always will be my favorite city in RuneScape, so many things have happened there for me and I've spent more time there than any city.

Varrock... <3:

Pasty.png

Easy tasks:

Report 10 autoers

Get 50 noobs to beg for money in 1 hour

Medium tasks:

??

Hard tasks:

??

Probably use agility shortcuts in the sewers and stuff like that for hard.

Varrock always was and always will be my favorite city in RuneScape, so many things have happened there for me and I've spent more time there than any city.

Varrock... <3:

I fixed it :P And everyone who didnt vote for relleka is either a noob or was forced to vote for varrock with a gun pointed at their head. Nobody likes varrock :P.

99/99 Cooking. 1500+ total level. 96+ Combat

lawlkv8.png

i was severly dissapointed with the poll.all the people who posted on the thread but a few who chose ardogne and gnoish lands chose relleka and surrounding areas.

i have a champion scroll in my bank just incase one of the tasks requires a visit underneath the guild

tifsdac6mc.gif

I fixed it :P And everyone who didnt vote for relleka is either a noob or was forced to vote for varrock with a gun pointed at their head. Nobody likes varrock :P.

I voted for Falador, just because falador is my favourite city... \'

best-guide-ever.jpg

Exactly why I groaned in disgust when I read the results of that poll. Aside from getting an absurdly high smithing level (which would limit the usefulness of the update to about 1k people) there is NOTHING that is difficult to do in Varrock. And this is WHY I want separated polls for each total level class... Because if they continue, EVERY guaranteed poll will go to the noobs, as they outnumber actual veterans significantly.

People with <1000 total should get one vote tally, >1000 total should get two vote tallies, >1500 should get three, and >2000 should get four. This would help balance out the outcome of the GC polls.

But yet I don't see why that is fair considering the fact my total is 1453, I don't train many skills, which I need to do. Anyway, I do agree with you on the fact that more low leveled outnumber the Veterans.