Andufus - 6 months later, training slayer!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here is what happened. I decided I wanted to learn to DK, and so Sith promised to teach me. He PMed me set-up, including veracs. After saying I can't afford that, we settled for proslyte. Which isn't that bad a substitute it turns out. Anyway, after gathering the materials, we teled to seers village, and Scorp said he'd be out suicider. This being new to me, I had no clue what that meant.

Then he ground teled us to the isle, except there was a slight problem. Me and Sith's accept aid's where off. When scorp realised, he teled back, and when changed it to on, and teled. After a winding path, and me getting the "Why am I walking to my death!?" feeling, we entered. Then it was a big run. Run through the doors, turn on mage, follow Sith, turn on range prayer, follow sith up, follow sid down, turn on mage prayer, get hit for 15 by a mellee dragonath, follow Sith. "Here's safe." Thank God! That was when Sith dropped a bomb shell. "Dinner". But it turned out not that bad, because we waited out the ten minutes, and scorp walked me through running and potions and things.

More running, and mage prayer. A world hop later, I followed Sith, with fear in my stomach. "Stay here!" Great. Thanks. Leave me panicking and being hit by mage from all sides. Thankfully I was warned to never take mage prayer off, unless in one specific scenario. Anyway, the rex was lured, and we must of killed him five times, and we got nothing worthy of taking at all bar a grimy ranaar. Coins, Steel plate, Nothing, Vial. That was when it all became worse... Another team, with their own pet lurer. I was too busy asking him to leave to notice I was being completly destroyed by ranged, and then the next thing I know, I am saying "Please leave" To central falador. Luckily, I didn't loose much. Full proslyte, lots of runes, pots, and rune boots. All replaceable. One day, I'll be back there, and the kings will be the ones dying, not me.

Anyway, afterwards I decided I'd show Leesters my three shiny shards. "Where are you?" "Draynor stealing seeds". Awesome, near me. I ran and then hopped back to 99, and I think I may of got a hint of jelousy. :P Then I made him prove to me he hadn't sold his party hat, and got more and more wanting to forge the blade. I was like a kid with a present, but being told to wait for someone to get there before opening it. However, I decided Veyron would not mind, he was not my only friend with 80 smithing, infact he said he was happy to help if he had too so I'm sure he'll just go "Yea thats fine", because its just 200xp and gratitude. So, I met up with shey... And she lent me her skills, so that I still have the ability to say I forged the blade, because I did. Just... Not with my own smithing capabilities. Then after dreaming of hilts, I went to take a look at the price tags. VERY depressing. I flashed my blade off a bit more, and decided to write this up and go to bed.

Anyway, thanks to sithlord (teacher), scorp (suicider), Leesters (inspiration) and Sheynara (Expert smither).

G'night Tip.It

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

Sorry for the death i asked jagex about that certain scenario...Hopefully they understand it a way of scamming...Don't worry through i'll take you again soon :)

Lurers have been a part of dking forever, it used to be quite a profitable business for them untill the update. Teams come in all the time, the good people leave and find another world, the others lure till you die or leave, you just gotto know what your doing, if you don't, tele out asap.

Dking is dangerous, if we keep taking away the danger, it will be the same as killing cows.

Sorry to hear your death Andu, just lucky it wasn't good gear you lost. ::'

shey.png

its a shame about your first dk trip andu but better luck next time.

grats on the blade though :thumbsup:

13zwenn.png

You might have died but you learned from it and you didnt lose to much.

You have more experience then i do down there.

The suicide run me and sophia did didnt learn me anything but how to get down. :P

Gratz on smithing the pieces, it might not have been your level but you smithed it. :wink:

The suicide run me and sophia did didnt learn me anything but how to get down. :P

Gratz on smithing the pieces, it might not have been your level but you smithed it. :wink:

You know how to get down??? all i did was follow you lol

13zwenn.png

You know how to get down??? all i did was follow you lol

And I bet he just printed off a map. :P

Anyway, thanks for the support guys, it makes me feel better about dying. Also someone posted a picture of Leesters dying at the DKings, which made me feel a whole lot better, as it proved to me that even great monster hunters have died along the way.

However today, I experianced something I didn't want to. I ran out of steam for making 35m, and I just wanted to quit runescape. However, as I'd just made a monster hunting file, I decided to see what outfits I needed for certain monsters, and then I realised that I'd added an aow gwd guide that I'd yet to read. So, I read the whole thing. Then, I decided there was atleast one way to get my steam back. So, I bought a holy symbol, ran from a revenant hell hound to get a zammy cape from wildy mage arena, and picked up my ancient mace from the bank. Then with my rockshell armour, some food and a teleport I headed out.

I got into the main lobby, and I realised no blue or red splashes where hitting me, and that I couldn't see any armydll followers to attack me. So, I walked around killing a few imps and goblins, then decided to go to the zammy part. But, by this time an avianise or two had hit me once or twice, so I ate up, and jumped in. Dripping wet, I went in search of more imps to kill. After killing a werewolf I realised if I wanted to I could explore the bandos area. But I didn't have a hammer. How convieniant! The imp I just killed dropped one! Woo! ::'

So off I went to the main lobby, and had to run from two flappy bird like things, but then I entered the bandos area. The spiritual followers and orks flooded the area. And there was two imps in there which confused me. I killed said imps, and they gave me zammy kc, but they still respawned in the bandos area. I realised why the person I had seen earlier with an armydll godsword was killing hobgoblins and goblins in the lobby, because they where muh easier and lower leveled prey. So I decided to go back to the lobby, and go to the Sara corner to see what was going on there. Turns out, not much that I could do.

It was all spiritual things and then priests. Only the mages where in combat, and I couldn't damage them to get kc, so I decided to stick around. No priests would fight, and they where the lowest leveled. Surely they couldn't hit that hard? I looked around, no bandos followers to be seen, I equipped my dragon scimmy instead of ancient mace, drank a dose of my ordinary strength pot I'd brought, and started to attack. I hit an 18, then got hit 14, 16, 19. I couldn't gobble in time. I remembered Leester's advice from yesterday just before I was going to DK. "If you get in trouble, hit the panic button". I frantically clicked my house tab, and the next thing I knew, my friendly little pixel was standing in my house, panting, with three hp left.

I would of lost my ancient mace, zammy cape, and holy ammy if I'd died. All replaceable, but still, all necessary if I want to go again. However, the one thing I will remember about that trip, was when I met two different types of players in the lobby. One with a godsword getting bandos kc, I asked him for a hint and I noticed he must be the cautious type, because he said what Sithlord said to me at the DKs "Always be prepared to die". The other, was overconfident and said "They are no match for players, don't bother bringing a teleport". I'm not sure if he was being genuine or hoping I would die, but either way, I hope one of those bosses teaches him a lesson.

Thus ends my first adventure in the GWD, and I have a new passion for dangerous areas. I'm going to hang around there a bit more, as it gives me more steam, seeing npc's fighting about the blade I have, and the hilt that is to come.

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

Andu log in on msn theres something so leet, that the leet gods are looking down and saying that this is truly, the leetest thing theyve seen all week besides my wearing my giant radioactive rubber pants. So yeah, im on and waiting for my parents to get home. Grats on your first GWD trip (Teach me to be a monsteh hunterrrrrrr PLOXXX <3: I want to trap mice in boxes like you!!!! :XD: :XD:)

Grats on 72 pages! Turn it upside down and its SL Super LOL! <3:

<3: Shot - The waffle king <3:

Shots-Sig.jpg

Andu log in on msn theres something so leet, that the leet gods are looking down and saying that this is truly, the leetest thing theyve seen all week besides my wearing my giant radioactive rubber pants. So yeah, im on and waiting for my parents to get home. Grats on your first GWD trip (Teach me to be a monsteh hunterrrrrrr PLOXXX <3: I want to trap mice in boxes like you!!!! :XD: :XD:)

Grats on 72 pages! Turn it upside down and its SL Super LOL! <3:

<3: Shot - The waffle king <3:

Radioactive rubber pants is just worrying. :Shocked: And its great to hear you'll be back in January! \'

I thought it was about time for me to re-visit the god wars dungeon, even if it hadnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t been twenty four hours. I just love the area, itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s dangerous and fun. So, off I went and I invited blogscape with me, but only sithlord decided to tag along. However, with his impeccable timing like usual, he logged out for dinner again. So, I wandered into it alone. However, Sith had already taught me something I needed to do before I ventured in again. I need to reclaim my Armadyl amulet. Apparently it is not all that difficult to reclaim.

Anyway, I decided I would set myself a goal for this exploration. This time it was to kill one of each follower, so I had brought along a prayer pot, some food, a bone crossbow, loads and loads of bolts, and proselyte armour. It turned out to be a rather good setup. I needed to do the Armadyl follower first, because I knew I would need prayer for them, because apparently they hit hard. So, pulling out my cross bow, I got the flappy thing to three quarters health, and four of the birds where surrounding me. I got it to half health, and realised IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d been on long range the whole time! Ack, changed it to rapid, and finished it off. Then I ran drearily towards the Zammy area. I did have another goal though, to take a half good picture from each corner.

Godwarsdungeon1.jpg

In the Zammy area, I was relieved to see that I was free from the Aviansie for once. After hunting down an imp, I decided that really wasnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t enough to qualify as a follower. So, I killed a werewolf aswell. I kept staring at the frozen fighters, I find them really interesting. Especially the birds that are dead still but yet still flying somehow. Anyway, the picture for the Zammy area. Well, I took two.

4.jpg

3-1.jpg

Bandos, I decided to go for a hobgoblin. There where thousands of them to choose from, so I sipped my normal strength potion, and mauled it with my ancient mace. I would of swapped to D scim and massacred it, but I was wary of the dangerous followers of bandos all around me.

2-1.jpg

The last one to kill for my goal was a Saradomin follower. This I was scared of. The only option was a priest (Or so I thought) and theyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d made me have to tele away last time. However, I got into their corner, and saw ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅSaradomin warriorÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Andus-Sig-1.jpg