Do YOU believe in ghosts?

llamster

There could be a teapot orbiting the sun.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I frequently watch a show on the Discovery Channel called "A Haunting" about "true" ghost encounters (it's actually quite frightening, not something a young child should watch). I think that with so many "true" ghost stories, they must exist. What do you think?

Have you ever watched it in a dark basement on a pretty dark afternoon? Not recommended. Our basement's fully furnished, and I was watching that because my sister's get freaked out if I watch it upstairs. It was the one where the people who had formally lived in the house worshipped the devil in the girl's closet, and she saw this disembodied face that scared the crap outta me. There was lighting and stuff outside, and I was literally about to crap my pants, when my sister comes downstairs after her shower in a nightgown. She seriously looked like the "face" and I flipped the chair I was sitting in over. I love scaring myself by watching shows like that. I also watch Ghost Hunters on Sci Fi occasionally.

souryw6.png

Lol, if you want to see a horror movie, don't watch The Grudge, watch the Discovery Channel.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I frequently watch a show on the Discovery Channel called "A Haunting" about "true" ghost encounters (it's actually quite frightening, not something a young child should watch). I think that with so many "true" ghost stories, they must exist. What do you think?
Do you believe in everything that's on tv?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I kinda do beleive in them as me and a couple of my friends have had a scary experience which couldn't be explained...

We were holding a presentation in the hall of a church a couple of years back. After it had finished, it was me and two friends who had been asked to tidy up, put chairs away, switch off lights etc. Once everyone had gone (we know everyone had left as there was a sign in/out book next to the main door, which everyone had to sign, for security reasons as this was a pitch for local youth groups to win a grant for new equipment...best presentation got the money...wasn't us though..)

When we were about to lock the front door, we noticed the main church light was still on. We all went to switch it off (hell, i wasn't going alone :ohnoes: ). The switch was in the main church hall, the one with the pews etc, where the serices are done, behind the door. As we flicked the switch i heard footsteps coming down between the pews. Both my friends heard it as they immediatly stopped and shut up. I bricked it and flicked the light back on...no-one was there...we searched around the pews but there was no sign and the back entrance was locked,which only the minister of the church could open, so that ruled out someone going out that way. We quickly locked up and have been wary of churches ever since.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I have never had an encounter that I would call "ghostly."

But I do believe that [if they do exist] they are remnants of energy left from the human body after someone dies.

I'm just wondering, what do scientists believe happen to the experiences (AKA memories) in the brain after someone dies?? Is the information lost forever?

Oh and all humans emit an electromagnetic field. Electromagnetic fields can come from appliances and electronics as well. All living things have an electromagnetic field. (I think.)

Electronic Voice Phenomenon does interest (and scare me).

What is the significance of an electromagnetic-field? <.<

i do!

My 2nd uncle once removed owned a haunter resteraunt in new Hampshire

it was featured in some of those most haunted places shows.

Here is a story about one of the ghostly ocurences at the resteraunt:

My uncle baught a new desk for his office but b4 he could put it in, he had to take out the old one. To do that we would have to unhook the computer clean out the desk and thenn take it apart so it would fit through the door. He left that to do next day before opening. Well, when he walked in that morning he found the old desk sitting out side the door perfectly assembled as it was the day before, with all his stuff still on top.

Sounds more like a prank than a ghost.

I refuse to say i don't believe in anything, such vows make one closed minded.

I have not seen anything, with my own eyes, that would be considered ghostly, but the idea that the human concience goes on past physical death does not seem impossible, though it sounds improbable.

vilnn2.png

Some people are like slinkies, normally they are dull, but they always give you a smile

when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I believe in the Jinn. (I think thats where the name Geni - in aladin - came from)

and no, the Jinn cant grant wishes.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅThe media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

No.

Because no one has any real proof.

proof? out of thousands of videos that makes me laugh. i know that a lot of ghost videos aer poop but still.....proof lol

d3m0nxer1ho3.jpg

Hate is a strong word<3:

clickme1jp0.gif

need 130k willows for 99 fm, or 3 mil to buy them "sniff"

People fear ghosts because they fear the unknown.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

People fear ghosts because they fear the unknown (quoted from Harry Potter).
Urgh dont say a quote like that and give credit to JKR. People have been saying that for years, I don't know who originally said it.

As for the ghost videos on youtube etc, I have never seen a single one which I could not explain. Most of the ones on the internet are hoaxes fr a start and the rest can be explained without resorting to the supernatural.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I have had a number of experiences in my life that make me want to believe in them.

My neighbors house we believe was haunted. Once while me and a friend of mine were sitting in the living room chatting he was telling me a story about a time when he saw a little girl rune down his hallway. During his story all the doors in the house opened and wind started blowing in. It was pretty scary at the time.

Another time we had returned from running an errand and were going into the house as I turned the knob all the lights went out. No one was home at the time. We stepped back thinking the power was out but no one else's was. Well the lights went back on and as we turned the knob it happened again. They went on again and the same thing happened a third time. This time we went in anyways in the dark to look for flashlight and the tv turned on very loud and scared us away.

These are just a few of the numerous strange incidents in the house but I can't explain how they happened so I have to believe something must have caused these things.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85