Do YOU believe in ghosts?

llamster

I frequently watch a show on the Discovery Channel called "A Haunting" about "true" ghost encounters (it's actually quite frightening, not something a young child should watch). I think that with so many "true" ghost stories, they must exist. What do you think?

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

i do!

My 2nd uncle once removed owned a haunter resteraunt in new Hampshire

it was featured in some of those most haunted places shows.

Here is a story about one of the ghostly ocurences at the resteraunt:

My uncle baught a new desk for his office but b4 he could put it in, he had to take out the old one. To do that we would have to unhook the computer clean out the desk and thenn take it apart so it would fit through the door. He left that to do next day before opening. Well, when he walked in that morning he found the old desk sitting out side the door perfectly assembled as it was the day before, with all his stuff still on top.

Look its rob!

I dont belive in ghosts...... per say.....

However I do belive in what people refer to and interprate as a ghost.

I personally think that living bodys give off an engery force that as of yet is not discovered that can create impressions on their surroundings.

When the body is having extream emotion of destress or happyness the amount of energy given off increases and this is why ghosts tend to display a mood as a large feature.

Also the type of surface around them seems to make an impact, notice ghosts are more common in areas with large amounts of dence materical in the area, such as castles..... not many ghosts outside.

I belive that this energy is picked up better by some people than otheres some can even sence it coming from the living and call it an auror (sp) aka that big glowing light thing that some psycics claim to see.

sig2webzx7.jpg

I'm not exactly one to believe in the existence of souls, so... no :| .

It's the whole evidence thing again- what precedence is there for believing that consciousness can be retained after one's body is destroyed? Has anyone found any?

I've seen those ghost shows, most of them just use effects, shaking of the camera, and a few "freaking out" moments as 'proof'. Havn't seen any evidence of ghosts on a single one of 'em- just night vision in dark room after dark room after dark room.

Not to say they don't exist, but there's is no piece of current human evidence or proper logic that says that they do.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I do. My two aunts and my grandparents used to live in a house that was supposedly haunted. When my grandpa first told me the stories about that house, I laughed and called him a liar. I only believed them when my grandma told me that he was telling the truth. I proceeded to ask my aunts and they both backed my grandparents up. Anyway, I do believe in ghosts. I believe in them far more than I believe that aliens have visited our planet.

I'm not exactly one to believe in the existence of souls, so... no :| .

It's the whole evidence thing again- what precedence is there for believing that consciousness can be retained after one's body is destroyed? Has anyone found any?

I've seen those ghost shows, most of them just use effects, shaking of the camera, and a few "freaking out" moments as 'proof'. Havn't seen any evidence of ghosts on a single one of 'em- just night vision in dark room after dark room after dark room.

Not to say they don't exist, but there's is no piece of current human evidence or proper logic that says that they do.

They're reenactments, not the real thing. They're based on real stories, though.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

They're reenactments, not the real thing. They're based on real stories, though.

No, I was talking about shows like "Ghost Hunters", where they actually search for ghosts during the show, and never do.

I have never had an encounter that I would call "ghostly."

But I do believe that [if they do exist] they are remnants of energy left from the human body after someone dies.

I'm just wondering, what do scientists believe happen to the experiences (AKA memories) in the brain after someone dies?? Is the information lost forever?

Oh and all humans emit an electromagnetic field. Electromagnetic fields can come from appliances and electronics as well. All living things have an electromagnetic field. (I think.)

Electronic Voice Phenomenon does interest (and scare me).

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Oh and all humans emit an electromagnetic field. Electromagnetic fields can come from appliances and electronics as well. All living things have an electromagnetic field. (I think.)

Yep.

That's how the hammerheads getcha :P .

I'm just wondering, what do scientists believe happen to the experiences (AKA memories) in the brain after someone dies?? Is the information lost forever?
Yep gone. Once the electrical impulses in the brain cease to exist then so do all the memories.

Electronic Voice Phenomenon does interest (and scare me).
No what you are actually hearing is feedback and static noice which your brain tries to convert into words that you understand. Its auditory pareidolia equivalent to seeing faces in curtains and stuff.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12