J3benice12's Guide for Barrows v3.2 - AOW

J35u5_M4

Amazing guide, definitely 10/10.

But, with so many methods, would it perhaps be possible to rank the methods based on efficiency/speed regardless of requirements? <3:

First off: My respect for this guide. It is immense. It is worked out. It is correct. Cheaper methods used less demanding gear (rune glove example, caught my eye aswell) Some things in here that I haven't seen before, which I simply love.

Altough you cannot show people what the profits are, can you show them what the expected costs are of each method? For example, black salamander has high cost. Ancients even higher costs. Veracing is one of the cheapest methods, using about 10k in supplies per trip. That is something I would love to see.

The only thing I am missing is a guthan method, but personally I don't even like that method and there are several guides on that already.

Lay-out of the guide is perfect. Tough the 1-thing I am missing is some pro's/con's towards the different methods. Riskier / more expensive / easier or harder, etc. Also I wouldn't mind some additional information of what to pay attention to in each method. Or even a set of basic-information. Like don't forget your spade ;)

All in all, one of the best guides I have seen in a while! AOW worthy

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the feedback, I guess I could add that kind of information considering it would be useful, and add the spade thing on the Extra Info Section.

I didn't really want to add any camping methods, I don't consider them worthy because you use prayer potions making it more expensive if you don't get drops at all.

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I use the weapons that go with the armor, someone in torag's is most likely going to have a dragon scimitar, considering it's a low level with average melee stats of 70 and he can only use the dragon scimitar for now, hoping to get money for perhaps a whip.

To be honest, like I said, there are a lot of setups out there, I'm just posting the basic ones, you're free to use whatever armor you want to.

That setup doesn't sound like a bad idea, but for torags pretty much all you need is defence, and considering you will only melee karil...The prayer bonus is not that useful either, you'll only pray on Dharok and Karil, but I invite people to try out that outfit and see what works better for them.

Thanks for the support.

~~~

Update planned on July 31st:

-Add Equipment Labels (Helm: Void Helm, for example)

-Updating the Table of Contents with sub sections for each method

-Add Quickfind Codes

(For example:

Ancient Method [ACM1], Putting the same code next to the ancient method so people can use Find Commands and see their desired method)

-Add Safespots

-Updated Tunnels Map

First guide I've found with a method well suited for me. All the others I've seen are specifically for noobs, or for people with godswords and the like... none for the 'average' lvl 90-100 player. So thanks! Definitely will be trying out the rune method.

Also, AOW for sure.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

1 error, your map of the tunnels show that there are 8 puzzle doors, but the doors behind the puzzle doors, aren't puzzles.

You could also go in more depth for whilst in the tunnels, i.e showing safespots, invisible ladders etc.

However still a really good guide with probably every well known technique.

9/10

Jamje.png

null and void

Perhaps if you see the videos you'll see the ladder safespots...

And you're right about the tunnels, I'm gonna add a note on the next update

EDIT: I'll add the safespots images on new update anyways

Very nice guide J3benice12, well written and very in depth, 1 suggestion for the dharok part, it's impossible to kill yourself with unidentified potions/nitroglycerin and other items of that type (that damage you), you simply get to 3hp and then no more damage is dealt.

Just thought I would mention that, I reckon it would make dharoking the barrows much more fun and alot faster at 3hp than 25+.

kingmage_92.png

Gwd Drop's: Sara - 4 Hilt, 13 Ss(3 ls), Armadyl - None, Bandos - 6 Hilt, 4 Bcp, 7 Tasset, 4 Boot

Zamorak - None, Tormented Demons - 1 Dragon Claws, 1 Dragon Shard

Thanks for the support.

~~~

Update planned on July 31st:

-Add Equipment Labels (Helm: Void Helm, for example)

-Updating the Table of Contents with sub sections for each method

-Add Quickfind Codes

(For example:

Ancient Method [ACM1], Putting the same code next to the ancient method so people can use Find Commands and see their desired method)

-Add Safespots

-Updated Tunnels Map

All these updates were successfully introduced, added some more information on Dharok's Method as well.

Hope you enjoy!.

I'm just gonna drop a bumpy for an old friend =P when am i gonna get credit in the guide for being teh über leet guy to whom you ow you life =D

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Very nice work guys,Is the BEST barrows guide i have seen

All posible method and very complete

Very nice work.

10/10

Click on the signature to check my Road to max cape blog!

fasuto.png

GREAT GUIDE!!! Ive read many times and now I have completed 50+ Barrows Trips in a row like 100 chests and ive come up with a pretty awesome outfit... Avg. time t kill first 5 brothers is 5-6 minutes and only expense is sup set + 1 Prayer Pot + 10-12 monks per 3!! Chest loots... I have 99 Attk + Str, 88 Def. 70 Prayer

GuthanBarrowsSetup.png

Just In case you think this outfit is worthy of consideration \'

DDS Specs on Karlis + Ahrims/They Die FAST!

Nice setup, but I hate camping so...

Also, The average of killing the 5 first brothers is 5 minutes, and you last like 4 minutes in tunnels if you bother getting KC and force spawning.

Also DFS, Guthans and Veracs, overkill too much, you would do fine without verac and wearing guthan

wow nice guide, but i think you shoudl include a method of doing multiple barrows without using much prayer, i have known people who have managed to get over 50 chests without banking...but i don't quite know their method..apparently it's with guthans and b2p and ancients...

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

wow nice guide, but i think you shoudl include a method of doing multiple barrows without using much prayer, i have known people who have managed to get over 50 chests without banking...but i don't quite know their method..apparently it's with guthans and b2p and ancients...

Not really, it's actually using a spot in every crypt that lets them hit the brother without being hit, this method is fairly annoying and I consider it a noob thing, it takes the fun out of the game to hit and hide behind a rock

WOAH! THE GRAPHIC BARS AND BANNERS, WOW! THEY'RE AMAZING! WHAT ART GENIUS COULD YOU HAVE GOTTEN TO CREATE SUCH MASTERPIECES?! AND THE GRAMMAR! IT'S PERFECT 5/5. Not that I helped, or anything. :twss: :roll: :lol:

UnexplainableSignature.png

Yes, i'm Shotdown12. Lol. Ftw Much? Signature made by me. Tbh!!