J3benice12's Guide for Barrows v3.2 - AOW

J35u5_M4

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the range method id recommend taking a dds to spec out karil if you have no Excalibur(and recommend sgs over that) and use diamond bolts their ignoring armour special is very helpful.

Also With the diamonds i can do the method with only 83 defence (99 range).

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

First off great guide, I am tried for half an hour to find a method that wasn't in your guide and I couldn't, so very comprehensive.

One thing I would recommend is to put the entire method in hide tags, etc the mage method, as they are quite long and its a pain to scroll through all of that looking for a specific method.

Another thing I would reccomend is to put approximate speeds of a chest run and how long a trip last for each method, because that is another factor on deciding what method is best to use (if you can there are so many lol).

BTW I prefer dclaws over dds, especially since I 2 hit verac/dharok almost every time.

Oh and vengence on dharok=win.

For the range method id recommend taking a dds to spec out karil if you have no Excalibur(and recommend sgs over that) and use diamond bolts their ignoring armour special is very helpful.

Also With the diamonds i can do the method with only 83 defence (99 range).

The idea of the methods is for them to be effective in matters of money used and money earned, I'm going to give you an answer similar to the guy suggesting Spirit Shields, Using diamond bolts is EPIC waste, broad aren't that bad and they're very cheap, the idea of barrows is to use a good method that doesn't spend a lot of cash, which is why I won't suggest SGS over EE, only get a SGS if you're gonna do useful things for it, buying a SGS for barrows only isn't a very smart idea

First off great guide, I am tried for half an hour to find a method that wasn't in your guide and I couldn't, so very comprehensive.

One thing I would recommend is to put the entire method in hide tags, etc the mage method, as they are quite long and its a pain to scroll through all of that looking for a specific method.

Another thing I would reccomend is to put approximate speeds of a chest run and how long a trip last for each method, because that is another factor on deciding what method is best to use (if you can there are so many lol).

BTW I prefer dclaws over dds, especially since I 2 hit verac/dharok almost every time.

Oh and vengence on dharok=win.

The videos show the speed for each method.

I added Quickfind tags for something, so use them if you want to look up something on the guide.

By vengance on dharok, do you mean using the spell on the Dharok Method, or on Dharok, the spirt?

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

For your ancients method,wizard's boots are better then mystic boots by +1 magic offense/defense but costs more and the +1 magic might be helpful but not to sure.

The thing is that the brother's magical defence is so low that it doesn't matter, which is why the torag's method works so good

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the GS method why take rune cbow, range helm and bolts?

A GS will rip through ahrim in 3 to 5 hits.

BKR fairy ring is the fastest way of getting there.

D Jay 99, you've got a few choices.

Veracs and GS methods will be more gp per run, but you lose out on staying ability.

or

Mage with guthans is the best for longer trips.

Salamanders are terrible as you lose the safespots and I've not tried ancients since the update.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

For the GS method why take rune cbow, range helm and bolts?

A GS will rip through ahrim in 3 to 5 hits.

BKR fairy ring is the fastest way of getting there.

D Jay 99, you've got a few choices.

Veracs and GS methods will be more gp per run, but you lose out on staying ability.

or

Mage with guthans is the best for longer trips.

Salamanders are terrible as you lose the safespots and I've not tried ancients since the update.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 3 weeks later...

I highly doubt the fairy ring is faster.

What safespots do you speak of? If you're referring to the tunnel ones you can just range the brother if you're too scared to tank.

Salamanders are actually one of the best methods.

Using the ring BKR takes you about 2 clicks away from the boat. The house tele is atleast 7.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The ladders into the tunnels have been turned into ropes, which destroys their potential as safespots. You might still be able to range/mage over the cluster of rocks in the northeast corner room, but besides that, I think the only safespots are now in the outside corridors.

Nice guide. After the crypt safespots were nerfed I started using black salamander, but adding in ancients. You ice blitz the melee brothers, step one tile to the side, and you're safe from their attacks while you fire away with your salamander diagonally. Just before the freezing spell runs out, hide behind some rubble or run to the other side of the sarcophagus until 3-4 seconds have passed. Then step out, cast blitz again and repeat. Using this method, I pray on Dharok and Karil. If I have any prayer left over, I use it on Ahrim. The rest of the brothers you can defeat with hardly any use of food (only if your spell splashes and you can't hide in time). Once you get it down, the only time you'll need much food or a prayer pot if you get Karil or Dharok in the tunnels.

To avoid splashing too much, keep mage attack at +10 or higher. Also, since your spellbook is set on ancients, you'll need to bring house teletabs to recharge prayer, then portal to Canifis.

Tact.gif

Using the ring BKR takes you about 2 clicks away from the boat. The house tele is atleast 7.

Yet the house tele gives you full prayer

Which is only worth it if your doing multiple trips in one stretch.

Odds are after a full trip (4+ runs) you'll be wanting to bank, pray, sell your items or buy supplies. In which case you can use the house tele then use a glory to edgeville, there you can use the GE as well as the fairy ring just south east of edgeville.

Its also got less requirements to use the fairy rings so any low levels who have unlocked them can simply use this method.

If your after pure speed I would guess house tele->slayer ring->fairy ring would be quicker then house tele->teleport portal.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

OK, so this guide is brilliant - good job guys.

However, I have one small problem. When you say what to bring, you don't say why you need to - for the most part, you don't need to, I mean, it's pretty obvious. What I'm on about are the weapons. You don't specify when to use the D Scimitar, or when to spec - if you could just add that in to the order of kill beneath each setup in the method, that would be fine. And yes, I am a noob to Barrows, of course I am, why would I be looking at a guide? :P

Other than that, great job, lots of pictures and videos. Good stuff!

Dodongo_200.png

I <3 SikTh.

However, I have one small problem. When you say what to bring, you don't say why you need to - for the most part, you don't need to, I mean, it's pretty obvious. What I'm on about are the weapons. You don't specify when to use the D Scimitar, or when to spec - if you could just add that in to the order of kill beneath each setup in the method, that would be fine. And yes, I am a noob to Barrows, of course I am, why would I be looking at a guide? :P

Well, for those starting, you could watch the video and notice that you melee karil and such, but I'll add the info on the Brother's profiles

Well, for those starting, you could watch the video and notice that you melee karil and such, but I'll add the info on the Brother's profiles

Sorry dude, but thanks for putting it in writing to. <3

I can now easily give this guide 11/10. Awesome job, thanks very much. :D I'll recommend it.

Dodongo_200.png

I <3 SikTh.