Meet your meat

highlanders

A little video showing you the consequences of the world's love for meat. Each time that you are buying meat, you are encouraging this.

http://www.meat.org/

Maybe they are just dumb animals for you, and they are dumb, but just like ours, their brain is capable of having feelings. Fear, sorrow, despair, anxiety, they can feel it all.

My god, what I'm asking is stuningly simple. To not make animals suffer pointlessly. A quick and painless death, and civilized living conditions is what I'm asking for. Am I reaching for the stars? I don't think so.

2480+ total

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't start the "hug the animals" fiasco.

Look at it this way. By being vegetarian, you're killing billions of plants, living organisms in their own right. They may not breathe and move, but by advocating "animal rights", you fail to allow the right to live for the inanimate beings of the earth. Seem dumb? That's how I view my food. People have to eat, the meat market doesn't want to show you the killing of animals because it makes people queasy and go all vegan, not because it is unnecessary.

Life is hard for the small and weak, it is a lesson that should be apparent for humans as well. Things have always been this way, organisms either make their own food, or kill others to save themselves. Just because it's cruel doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. It's animal lives for human lives, ask yourself which one is worth more.

If you still don't like it, hope that you reincarnate into a plant or something, so you don't have to kill other creatures.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

*yawn* propaganda. post it on a forum where people actually believe that kind of rubbish. We are far to sensible here to believe that crap especially when it comes from such a hypocritical terrorist funding organisation such as PETA.

p.s post this in the youtube and pointless videos thread.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

hope that you reincarnate into a plant or something, so you don't have to kill other creatures.
Plants eat meat too...

Flytrap002%20copy.jpg

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Look at it this way. By being vegetarian, you're killing billions of plants, living organisms in their own right.

Plants don't have a brain to have feelings, nor nerve endings to feel pain. Of course humans need to eat protein, and there is plants such as leguminous plants and soja that can do the job nicely.

Also, there's a huge difference between quickly ending an animal's life, and making it suffer carelessly.

2480+ total

that's why chick peas exist -.-
Designed for meat TEETH01.jpg

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

[hide=NOOOO the poor fly!]

hope that you reincarnate into a plant or something, so you don't have to kill other creatures.
Plants eat meat too...

Flytrap002%20copy.jpg

[/hide]

I meant non-carnivorous plants anyway.

And just because plants can't feel pain doesn't mean they get priority over animals in the PETA schemes.

Do they feel pain? Look here: http://www.department13designs.com/vegan.html

Or google "can plants feel pain?"

I meet my meat when I help my dad cut out the insides of a deer after he kills it. I've also helped butcher a cow before. Ripped the skin off of a squirrel, cut off the head of a fish. Watched a chicken run around after it's head was cut off, boiled a turtle so the skin would come off.

So yeah, I know what I am eating, and what the animals go through. I still will eat meat.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I meet my meat when I help my dad cut out the insides of a deer after he kills it. I've also helped butcher a cow before. Ripped the skin off of a squirrel, cut off the head of a fish. Watched a chicken run around after it's head was cut off, boiled a turtle so the skin would come off.

So yeah, I know what I am eating, and what the animals go through. I still will eat meat.

How nice.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Look at it this way. By being vegetarian, you're killing billions of plants, living organisms in their own right.

Plants don't have a brain to have feelings, nor nerve endings to feel pain. Of course humans need to eat protein, and there is plants such as leguminous plants and soja that can do the job nicely.

Also, there's a huge difference between quickly ending an animal's life, and making it suffer carelessly.

Mythbusters did something like this, to measure the electrical discharge a plant gave off in certain circumstances. When a person was imagining the plant being burned, it started increasing tremendously. When he hit it, it kept increasing.

me and kashi are running for president in '08.

Well, I always try to eat meat that comes from reputable places (Free range farms) etc so that I know the animals havn't lived a completely bad life.

Shame such stuff happens, but it's a bias video, so they're going to portray it as bad as possible. I'm sure some places have this happening, but not all.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

One would argue that organically grown local meat is actually more ethical than mass farmed lentils and chick peas which are grown by over farming in developing countries and giving the farmers there a bad deal.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Lol mercifull, humans are omnivorous, not carnivorous. Try to go see scientists and and say "Omgzz you are all idiots, humans are carnivorous not omnivorous!!!".

I'm not surprised by the reactions here, you all try to justify yourselves, while you perfectly know the situation that is going on is not acceptable. We can raise and kill meat in a civilized matter, no need for these barbaric methods.

I challenge you to give evidence to counter this video. Prove to me most cows in the United States are treated in a civilized matter.

2480+ total

How nice.

Well, it's not nice, it's just the way it is.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I think you guys are _completely_ missing the point.

The point is showing the tremendous cruelty, not the fact that animals are used as meat at all. It's the fact that eating meat can support such causes that is the concern. If they were, say, free range and killed quickly, it wouldn't be such a problem to eat meat.

You could at least watch the video before you say anything

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

Prove to me most cows in the United States are treated in a civilized matter.
I don't live in the United States I like in the United Kingdom which has some of the best standards in the world for ethical treatment's, rearing and slaughter of animals.

Showing grainy video clips of some slaughterhouse breaking the law is not an accurate depiction of the industry as a whole. If i showed you a video of a person with green eyes killing a [kitty] cat would you say that was an accurate depiction of all people with green eyes?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

humans are omnivorous

omÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷nivÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷oÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷rous (ÃÆââ¬Â¦ÃâÃ

2480+ total

Lol mercifull, humans are omnivorous, not carnivorous. Try to go see scientists and and say "Omgzz you are all idiots, humans are carnivorous not omnivorous!!!".

I'm not surprised by the reactions here, you all try to justify yourselves, while you perfectly know the situation that is going on is not acceptable. We can raise and kill meat in a civilized matter, no need for these barbaric methods.

I challenge you to give evidence to counter this video. Prove to me most cows in the United States are treated in a civilized matter.

That we cannot. But what the video is asking the viewer is to turn vegan because some companies are a little crude in doing what they are supposed to do.

What do you want done? Give the chickens and pigs their last rites and have their remains a proper funeral? What do you consider "ethical"? I'm sure I can show you examples that follow your standards, but there is no requirement for all companies to follow the same approach.

Mass killing is always a grisly business, and it can't be avoided. No matter how many "save the cows" videos are made, people need food, and as a result a few hands will get bloodied.

I think you guys are _completely_ missing the point.

The point is showing the tremendous cruelty, not the fact that animals are used as meat at all. It's the fact that eating meat can support such causes that is the concern. If they were, say, free range and killed quickly, it wouldn't be such a problem to eat meat.

You could at least watch the video before you say anything

We've all seen the video before because it comes up in every stinking debate about eating meat. It's propaganda, and like Zonorhc said it is very possible the people who made it are the ones who did that to the animals, since they can't film in a real slaughterhouse.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

That we cannot. But what the video is asking the viewer is to turn vegan because some companies are a little crude in doing what they are supposed to do.

What do you want done? Give the chickens and pigs their last rites and have their remains a proper funeral? What do you consider "ethical"? I'm sure I can show you examples that follow your standards, but there is no requirement for all companies to follow the same approach.

Mass killing is always a grisly business, and it can't be avoided. No matter how many "save the cows" videos are made, people need food, and as a result a few hands will get bloodied.

My god, what I'm asking is stuningly simple. To not make animals suffer pointlessly. A quick and painless death, and civilized living conditions is what I'm asking for. Am I reaching for the stars? I don't think so.

2480+ total

Did you know cows kill more people each year than sharks?

:-w

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.