Meet your meat

highlanders

My god, what I'm asking is stuningly simple. To not make animals suffer pointlessly. A quick and painless death, and civilized living conditions is what I'm asking for. Am I reaching for the stars? I don't think so.

There are better ways to campaign for that than by posting propaganda from a terrorist funding organisation.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you want done? Give the chickens and pigs their last rites and have their remains a proper funeral? What do you consider "ethical"? I'm sure I can show you examples that follow your standards, but there is no requirement for all companies to follow the same approach.

Mass killing is always a grisly business, and it can't be avoided. No matter how many "save the cows" videos are made, people need food, and as a result a few hands will get bloodied.

It's really not that hard.

Don't shove chickens into cages that they barely fit into.

Let cows graze on grass instead of feeding them cornmeal.

Let the animals live a "regular" life.

etc, etc.

I'm not against meat-eating (since I love it), but animal abuse doesn't need to happen at all, given the time and world we live in. :/

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

My god, what I'm asking is stuningly simple. To not make animals suffer pointlessly. A quick and painless death, and civilized living conditions is what I'm asking for. Am I reaching for the stars? I don't think so.

There are better ways to campaign for that than by posting propaganda from a terrorist funding organisation.

Lol.

Prove that it is a "terrorist funding organisation". Be careful kids, vegetarians are terrorists!!

2480+ total

Lol mercifull, humans are omnivorous, not carnivorous. Try to go see scientists and and say "Omgzz you are all idiots, humans are carnivorous not omnivorous!!!".

I'm not surprised by the reactions here, you all try to justify yourselves, while you perfectly know the situation that is going on is not acceptable. We can raise and kill meat in a civilized matter, no need for these barbaric methods.

I challenge you to give evidence to counter this video. Prove to me most cows in the United States are treated in a civilized matter.

That we cannot. But what the video is asking the viewer is to turn vegan because some companies are a little crude in doing what they are supposed to do.

What do you want done? Give the chickens and pigs their last rites and have their remains a proper funeral? What do you consider "ethical"? I'm sure I can show you examples that follow your standards, but there is no requirement for all companies to follow the same approach.

Mass killing is always a grisly business, and it can't be avoided. No matter how many "save the cows" videos are made, people need food, and as a result a few hands will get bloodied.

And what I'm saying is equally simple: it's not possible. At least, it won't be easy. If the populace still needs the amount of meat we need today, then even the simplest requirements of "civilized living" will be broken. I don't enjoy animals suffering, but if it is too hard to avoid, I understand and go with it.

As for "painless death", I believe that is catching on. Electrocutions are becoming common, which is less painful and quicker than a beheading. But kosher and halal meat can't have it. Not that it really matters, the animal is going to die regardless. If it's the difference between 5 seconds or 5 minutes, it can't be too bad.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Lol mercifull, humans are omnivorous, not carnivorous. Try to go see scientists and and say "Omgzz you are all idiots, humans are carnivorous not omnivorous!!!".

I'm not surprised by the reactions here, you all try to justify yourselves, while you perfectly know the situation that is going on is not acceptable. We can raise and kill meat in a civilized matter, no need for these barbaric methods.

I challenge you to give evidence to counter this video. Prove to me most cows in the United States are treated in a civilized matter.

That we cannot. But what the video is asking the viewer is to turn vegan because some companies are a little crude in doing what they are supposed to do.

And what I'm saying is equally simple: it's not possible. At least, it won't be easy. If the populace still needs the amount of meat we need today, then even the simplest requirements of "civilized living" will be broken. I don't enjoy animals suffering, but if it is too hard to avoid, I understand and go with it.

As for "painless death", I believe that is catching on. Electrocutions are becoming common, which is less painful and quicker than a beheading. But kosher and halal meat can't have it. Not that it really matters, the animal is going to die regardless. If it's the difference between 5 seconds or 5 minutes, it can't be too bad.

No change will ever happen if people just sit on their behinds and say "Ah, it's hopeless, we can't make any change happen."

2480+ total

Animal activism is okay as long as it doesn't replace human activism. Why waste time and resources protesting the killing of animals when there are humans being killed, hungry to feed, poor to clothe, etc? Get your priorities straight, please.

summerpngwy6.jpg

I don't make empty claims... unlike PETA.

PETA gave $5,000 to the Josh Harper (convicted of "animal enterprise terrorism" in the U.S. in connection with the Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty campaign) Support Committee, and, gave $1,500 to the ELF (The ELF was classified as the top domestic terror threat in the United States by the FBI in March 2001) in 2001. One of many donations to the group. PETA also provided $7,500 to Fran Trutt, convicted of the attempted murder of Leon Hirsch, the CEO of the United States Surgical Corporation.

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/c ... 100202.asp

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 737247.ece

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_det ... dline/1471

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I don't make empty claims... unlike PETA.

PETA gave $5,000 to the Josh Harper (convicted of "animal enterprise terrorism" in the U.S. in connection with the Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty campaign) Support Committee, and, gave $1,500 to the ELF (The ELF was classified as the top domestic terror threat in the United States by the FBI in March 2001) in 2001. One of many donations to the group. PETA also provided $7,500 to Fran Trutt, convicted of the attempted murder of Leon Hirsch, the CEO of the United States Surgical Corporation.

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/c ... 100202.asp

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 737247.ece

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_det ... dline/1471

Good effort, maybe someone among one of their affiliated groups assaulted that man, but it doesn't mean that group supported such act, and it certainly doesn't prove the video is incorrect.

By example; take a runescaper that murdered his mother because she forbid him to play at the computer. It's as absurd as saying "all runescapers are murderers" because of that single accident.

2480+ total

PETA spends less than one percent of its multi-million dollar budget actually helping animals. Not counting the pets PETA spayed and neutered, the group put to death over 90 percent of the animals it took in during 2005. All the money is spend on aggressive marketing and of course actively donating to terrorist organisations. This is the ethos of PETA and not just a rogue person acting alone. PETA supported these criminals and murderers AFTER being charged, this isn't a case of someone receiving donations going rogue after taking the money.

edit: some web pages you might find interesting to read (unless you have true believer syndrome)

http://www.activistcash.com/organizatio ... cfm/oid/21

http://petakillsanimals.com/index.cfm

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

By the way, my challenge still stands. Prove to me most animals raised for consumption in the United States are treated in a civilized matter.

2480+ total

Peta sucks..

http://www.peta2.com/ :thumbsup:

It makes me sick that they are allowed to foist their propaganda onto children like that.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

By the way, my challenge still stands. Prove to me most animals raised for consumption in the United States are treated in a civilized matter.
http://www.animallaw.info/statutes/stusfd7usca1901.htm Please go down to your local library for the full details.

There you go. Now please address my comments.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

It's as absurd as saying "all runescapers are murderers" because of that single accident.

I would also consider it absurd to say "all slaughterhouses are hellholes" because of a video.

I remember watching a dirty jobs episode (discovery channel show), and he goes and does the farm/animal raising places and things, and, they milked cows, and even checked their crap to see how to change their diet. But, then again, it is just a video... ::'

I don't think anyone here would rather painful deaths and sickening living conditions over a painles death and good living conditions for all animals.

The point I'll make to you is I'm not going to be guilt-tripped into not eating meat or feeling I'm part of the problem just so the activists can have another drone to puppet around. I'm not disagreeing with your view of animal rights, although this video does seem to be at the extreme end of the scale, i.e. misleading propoganda.

People eat meat. Vegans and PETA are trying to make us feel bad for eating meat. Guess what. Humans have eaten meat since the beginning of time. Things have eaten meat since the beginning of time. People will continue to eat meat until the end of time. Vegans and PETA will be how they are, but please, let us keep our eating habits. You keep yours.

And the video was simply propoganda... is that how you spend your time online? :-s

And Str0wez, that made me lol....

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

By the way, my post stands unquoted. Prove to me that animals should take priority over humans.

summerpngwy6.jpg

By the way, my post stands unquoted. Prove to me that animals should take priority over humans.

It's quoted now.

But seriously, would you rather kill an animal quickly and painlessly or a human? I completly agree with you, insane.

I'd go for the animal... I wouldn't kill my dad instead of my dog. I don't want to kill my dog, but I will if the alternitive is family. And I'd rather blow up a cow warehouse(don't know if that's what they are called :-s ) than a cruise ship...

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

Animal activism is okay as long as it doesn't replace human activism. Why waste time and resources protesting the killing of animals when there are humans being killed, hungry to feed, poor to clothe, etc? Get your priorities straight, please.

You pretty much said what I think and I also question if people dedicating their lives to animal rights are actually doing something good. Sure, the animals might end up with a slightly better life but it seems like an insignificant issue with all the human suffering in the world today.

However, there is an argument I'm willing to listen to regarding meat eating. If everyone stopped eating meat, we would use a lot less of the earth's resources. So that it would actually be possible to feed the earth's entire population. Then again, I don't think that poverty or hunger issues would be solved by not eating meat. Since humans are greedy and would rather take more for themselves than share with those who don't have anything.

untitledyw7.png

I think we are deviating from the original intention of the thread. He's not saying "eating meat is bad, kill all non-vegetarians!", but instead, he's complaining about the overcrowding, torturing conditions animals are bred for their meat.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

I really don't care if the animal suffers, as long as I can still get my hamburger with Provolone and a slice of tomato on the side.

Stud112 (UNBANNED)

99 atk, 92 def, 99 str, 97 hp, 118 combat

studsig76.jpg