Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

Funnily enough... Europe isn't restricted by an "religious ideals", but they're not progressing very far. At all ;)

Nah. I mean, America does rule the world on this matter.

It's not like it was someone from the UK that invented the Internet, or computers or anything useful like that...

It's not like the LHC experiment is happening on the Swiss-Franc border...

It's not like France has the best rated healthcare system in the world...

It's not like some European countries have gotten over giggling at the word "sex" by the time their children grow up to be 11...

It's not like the EU combined is the biggest economy in the world in GDP terms according to the IMF...

You're right. Europe really is a backward place to be. I have no idea why I didn't realise that until you pointed it out.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ginger i think he means in terms of gay marriage...which he is sort of correct on. Gays can only marry in the Netherlands, Spain, and Norway in Europe. They can only marry in Connecticut and Massachusetts here.

However, you're way farther with Civil Unions than we are, but it is still separate and equal, and therefore not equal.

Holding to one's convictions does not mean you are unable to think for yourself.

Holding to one's conviction is far different from refusing to consider any possible alternatives save for what you were told by religion/science/parents/etc. The latter implies that the individual did not (and, more importantly, will not) put much thought of their own into answering such questions.

Europe isn't restricted by an "religious ideals", but they're not progressing very far.

Depends on location.

Also, I am able to think for myself. I CHOOSE to be Mormon, and CHOOSE to believe that being homosexual is wrong.

I'm not sure this argument holds much weight.

Take the extreme example of the Jonestown Massacre. Many chose to drink the juice even with the knowledge that it would kill them. Is this choice, influenced so heavily by brainwashing, a truly legitimate one? Is it a choice of any merit?

Yes of course. Any religious person is simply brainwashed.

Not really its just a belief and a way of life for me. Its my own personal belief and id hope you respect that

Veni vidi vici

I came, I saw, I conquered

Current Username : Bludclart

Yes of course. Any religious person is simply brainwashed.

Not really its just a belief and a way of life for me. Its my own personal belief and id hope you respect that

We respect it, until you start forcing it on others.

I'm not referring to you personally but this proposition 8 has shown me that religion deserves less respect than it commands. They've crossed the line here, yet again.

Believe what you want/do what you want but if you start affecting other people in a negative way then you've crossed the line and this is what has been happening with religion for years and years.

Hey.

Personally, I think being Homosexual is wrong. I am Mormon, and that is my belief. Say what you want, but I will always think it is wrong.

My personal opinion is that its wrong. As a Muslim ... my beliefs tell me its wrong so thats jus what i follow

Two fine examples of people who refuse to think for themselves. A society with such restricting religious ideals is not one which will progress very far.

Religion is the opium of the masses

Marx

:wall:

Holding to one's convictions does not mean you are unable to think for yourself.

Funnily enough... Europe isn't restricted by an "religious ideals", but they're not progressing very far. At all ;)

Holding to one's convictions is different than refusing to accept anything that is different from what a pastor tells you.

Europe is nowhere near as bad as the USA.

And lots of areas are religious, it is not like it's 100% atheist.

EDIT: And to the Mormon guy.. you're entitled to your beliefs, but if you really believe that stuff, then sorry but you're an idiot. That may offend you, but if you really are a mormon and you aren't kidding, then you're stupid.

Hey.

Well, it was how I was brought up. Also, I am able to think for myself. I CHOOSE to be Mormon, and CHOOSE to believe that being homosexual is wrong. You don't have to believe me, as I just don't really care if you do or don't.

You choose to believe something is wrong for no reason whatsoever? :?

Homosexuality is just SICK! My god watching to guys do anything they do to a chick (this exludes messing around, i mean serious!) makes me want to go kill the 2 homos! Its Adam and Eve NOT Adam and steve!!

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

Homosexuality is just SICK! My god watching to guys do anything they do to a chick (this exludes messing around, i mean serious!) makes me want to go kill the 2 homos! Its Adam and Eve NOT Adam and steve!!

It's completely fine that you think it is nasty, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to do it.

And if it were two girls would you find it sick?

there are no stupid questions

just way too many inquisitive idiots

balance is scary to people who like things easy for them

Utopianflame.png

yes, any way its not intended its wrong, I dotn care if gays do it in private, i just hate when they do it in public :?

vcz3sx.png

yes, any way its not intended its wrong, I dotn care if gays do it in private, i just hate when they do it in public :?

Gays do it in public, where the hell do you live?

keen.png

:anxious:

I'm fine with people being gay. I'm fine with them getting married. I don't see why it's such a big deal that it has to be called marriage though. I mean why not make something that's exactly the same in everything but name. That way the religious people who flip out about it are happy. And if you're gay, chances are you're not big on the church anyways.

I really don't understand homophobia at all. It's not like gay is a contagious disease or anything. As a society we need to get over it, just like little kids get over the fear of cooties.

999 :)

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I mean like hold hands, talk in there gay high pitch tone, dress gay, hug gayly,etc. im not talking about full blown :?

vcz3sx.png

[hide=]

[/hide]

I mean like hold hands, talk in there gay high pitch tone, dress gay, hug gayly,etc. im not talking about full blown :?

Then heterosexual couples can't hold hands, talk about sports, dress straight, hug straightly, etc.

See how idiotic that is?

:anxious:

I'm fine with people being gay. I'm fine with them getting married. I don't see why it's such a big deal that it has to be called marriage though. I mean why not make something that's exactly the same in everything but name.

Because we want equal rights, we want the same thing and dont see why, if people are OK with everything else being the same, they can object to calling it the same thing.

But why should any feelings you have, which are learned responses, rather than anything based on ethics or morality, taught to you by your parents and those around you as a simple (and psychologically speaking - no offense meant) child reaction, be allowed to have any sanction by society?

After all words like "makes me want to go kill the 2 homos!" are what is called hate speech, and certainly in the country I live in, is illegal. Those sort of words have no place in a civilised debate.

Why is it sick?

I think abbydog95 is a good example of a homophobe.

And :shock: @ the killing part.

no offense to anyone homo but i am kinda homophobic :-# i just feel gay around them :oops:

vcz3sx.png

Nah. I mean, America does rule the world on this matter.

It's not like it was someone from the UK that invented the Internet, or computers or anything useful like that...

It's not like the LHC experiment is happening on the Swiss-Franc border...

It's not like France has the best rated healthcare system in the world...

It's not like some European countries have gotten over giggling at the word "sex" by the time their children grow up to be 11...

It's not like the EU combined is the biggest economy in the world in GDP terms according to the IMF...

You're right. Europe really is a backward place to be. I have no idea why I didn't realise that until you pointed it out.

You're a sucker for punishment, aren't you? ::' The 21st century called. It would like you to stop drinking the 19th century European Kool-Aid.

*Ahem*

The European Union in a conglomerate of 27 (I think it's 27. Not totally sure) countries versus just the U.S., has about a population of approximately 190M more people than the U.S. yet only has a GDP of about $17T USD versus the U.S.'s $13T. Fyi, that's not very good considering it's a mass of 27 countries. Hell, the standard of living in Europe is about half that of the U.S. (England is somewhere in the middle of the U.S. and the E.U.). You wouldn't dare compare any single European country to the U.S., or even Japan or China, for that matter, for the simple fact that Europe has been in a steady decline since the end of WWII. The continent's "superpowers" (France, Germany and, to a lesser extent, Italy) have seen prolonged periods of economic stagnation followed by a continuous period of declining economic growth over the past 30'ish odd years. But, hey, aside from the rapidly aging population, a decreasing working percentage of the population, a rapidly declining overall population, stagnating economies in terms of growth when compared to the rest of the world-- Especially South America, Africa and Southeast Asia-- Everything's A-OK :thumbsup:

Oh, and you'll find I never said that Europe was a backwards place to be, FYI.

I think abbydog95 is a good example of a homophobe.

And :shock: @ the killing part.

no offense to anyone homo but i am kinda homophobic :-# i just feel gay around them :oops:

That's probably due to your own insecurities about your sexual orientation.

Why even try with that idiot? Honestly, there is no point whatsoever. I'd get better replies if I argued with a tree stump.