J.K. Rowling is writing a detective novel.

Craiglowery

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070819/ap_ ... le_rowling

By DAVID STRINGER, Associated Press Writer Sun Aug 19, 3:29 AM ET

LONDON - J.K. Rowling has been spotted at cafes in Scotland working on a detective novel, a British newspaper reported Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Sunday Times newspaper quoted Ian Rankin, a fellow author and neighbor of Rowling's, as saying the creator of the "Harry Potter" books is turning to crime fiction.

"My wife spotted her writing her Edinburgh criminal detective novel," the newspaper, which was available late Saturday, quoted Rankin as telling a reporter at an Edinburgh literary festival.

"It is great that she has not abandoned writing or Edinburgh cafes," said Rankin, who is known for his own police novels set in the historic Scottish city.

Rowling famously wrote initial drafts of the Potter story in the Scottish city's cafes. Back then, she was a struggling single mother who wrote in cafes to save on the heating bill at home.

Now she's Britain's richest woman ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

111-1.jpg

Jeeze, give her some peace, will ya? I feel sorry for her, whatever she does makes the news.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

Oh my gosh J.K. Rowling bought a cup of coffee! Let's put it in the news!

Seriously lay off, wow she's writing a detective novel good for her but you don't need to post it here.

EDIT: Sorry craig i didn't know you made this thread but still i stick with my point.

Oh my gosh J.K. Rowling bought a cup of coffee! Let's put it in the news!

Seriously lay off, wow she's writing a detective novel good for her but you don't need to post it here.

Going to have to agree here. Sure, she writes another book what's the big deal? There are other authors in the world, but you don't see threads giving them congratulations for writing a book.

wow ignorant bunch of people, it's not like she went and bought some burger king and the news reported it, it's her working on a new book and if that's so why is it so bad to discuss it?

OH NOES THA THIRD TESTAMENT IS COMING OUT GIVE JESUS HIS SPACE

Wonder how long until you start buying her grocery list.. :-k

You don't seem to understand the difference between a book and a grocery list. Would you like to enter tutorial mode?

I laughed at that for about 2 minutes. Hahaha! :XD: :XD:

Seriously though, I don't think it's a big deal. She stated in the past that she's going to keep writing. Good for her for sticking to that, but I also don't see the point in having a topic about it until we actually know something about the book (other than it's genre).

Cowards can't block Warriors.

Haha, I love how one person says something (in this case "leave her alone") and the next 15 posts are saying the same thing. Ha...

This was bound to happen: anything she writes gets a lot of money no matter what.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Haha, I love how one person says something (in this case "leave her alone") and the next 15 posts are saying the same thing. Ha...

This was bound to happen: anything she writes gets a lot of money no matter what.

I know yeh, because its really wierd for several people to think the same thing :roll:

My prediction? People will soon start to hate Rowling because they will be overhyping everything she writes, and when it doesn't live up to Harry Potter they'll feel let down and blame it on her. She'll still have mass success just because of her name, though.

p2gq.jpg

Now Rowlings becoming like any usual celebrity: everything they do gets put on the news. But I think this does deserve to be in the news: its a brand new book by one of the worlds best selling authors. Obviously if something new is cooking up, its gonna be in the news.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

My prediction? People will soon start to hate Rowling because they will be overhyping everything she writes, and when it doesn't live up to Harry Potter they'll feel let down and blame it on her. She'll still have mass success just because of her name, though.

Yeh, but not everyone likes her sort of writing. I love it, but im just saying different people like different styles of writing I guess.