The Orange Box :o

PhaperPlane

I have a question about TF2's online play...

With the communication, do you use a headset for chatting, or do you type the commands? And, if you use a headset, does the Orange Box come bundled with one?

You can use both. There are also short-commands you can access. And uhh... no, a headset doesn't come bundled with the game, why would it?

Cool, I just wanted to know before I went out and bought a headset.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn it -.- I dled the ToB off of steam today, and it's driving me crazy. I can't play portal or TF2. When I launch portal, I can only get to the part where you exit the starting box with the portal, then it freezes. With TF2, I begin to load a server and it freezes. Any help?

jjroxlu7.jpg

Damn it -.- I dled the ToB off of steam today, and it's driving me crazy. I can't play portal or TF2. When I launch portal, I can only get to the part where you exit the starting box with the portal, then it freezes. With TF2, I begin to load a server and it freezes. Any help?

Is there an error? I kept getting an error at one point, and I found the fix is to go into graphics section and change the option for vertical sync to disabled (even if it recommends it for your computer).

I had to do that with all my games except hl2 and portal.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Is there an error? I kept getting an error at one point, and I found the fix is to go into graphics section and change the option for vertical sync to disabled (even if it recommends it for your computer).

I had to do that with all my games except hl2 and portal.

Nope, no error. It just freezes.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Crap, now I can't even open it -.-

I typed something that fixed the problem for someone else into the launch options bar, and now the game only gets to the valve symbol before crashing.

:? Uninstall and re install.

For future reference, I suggest buying the CD's.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

wow love the new opdate. love to see numbers and stats :D

anyone know when the new achiments will come out? :)

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Im gettin orange box on crimbo with my PS3, im so lookin forward to it, I just hope my mom lets me get my PS3 online soon, does running an ethernet cable through the modem lag up the internet on the computer?

I would not get orange box for the PS3, it was plauged with lag problems on the PS3. Get it for the 360 or PC instead.

Question: If I only want to play Portal and team Fortress, not Half-Life (I haven't played any of the others, no clue what would be happening) should I go for it anyways?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Question: If I only want to play Portal and team Fortress, not Half-Life (I haven't played any of the others, no clue what would be happening) should I go for it anyways?

Yeah it would.

FYI half life 1 is like 10 bucks, you should pick it up with the orange box. :P (and play through all the half lifes)

Well, I'm convinced. I'll buy it on Wednesday, store probably wont be open on Christmas.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I got it yesterday, already beat Portal (that robot as the end was SO ANNOYING! lol), and am pwning at TF2. I'm such a beast as Medic/Scout/Spy, and nobodys ever Medic on my team so I get a lot of healing points or whatever its called (i get tons of kills with my razor blade too lol)

Thanks for the spoilers...

I bought it just the other day and I'll be playing it after Christmas (when going skiing). Looks fun and I can't wait to try it out. Portal looks like a lot of fun

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I got it yesterday, already beat Portal (that robot as the end was SO ANNOYING! lol), and am pwning at TF2. I'm such a beast as Medic/Scout/Spy, and nobodys ever Medic on my team so I get a lot of healing points or whatever its called (i get tons of kills with my razor blade too lol)

Saying that a robot is at the end isn't a spoiler, and I didn't force you to read it. =;

Saying that a robot is at the end isn't a spoiler, and I didn't force you to read it. =;

Use hide tags and yes it is.