My issues with Athiests.

Giordano

I'm an athiest and I don't force it on anyone, I just feel there is NO absolute proof of god/something existing.(but if god DID exist I think he would be a giant ball of light...... :-k )

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't really consider myself a atheist because i believe something created us but i don't believe anything else Christianity or catholicism preaches. one flaw i usually like to point out is the wearing of a cross around your neck as a symbol you follow jesus and god, because if jesus someday returns i think the last thing he would want to see is a cross wouldn't you agree?

kirby-sig.gif

i don't really consider myself a atheist because i believe something created us but i don't believe anything else Christianity or catholicism preaches. one flaw i usually like to point out is the wearing of a cross around your neck as a symbol you follow jesus and god, because if jesus someday returns i think the last thing he would want to see is a cross wouldn't you agree?

I think Jesus would like to see some hot chicks because he didn't get to hit that booty at all the last time he was alive.

wwidas6.jpg

I think Jesus would like to see some hot chicks because he didn't get to hit that booty at all the last time he was alive.

Yeah lets all wear little models of naked hot chicks round our neck!!

Btw, listen to this video, LOL, so funny.

sig5235ro7.jpg

Yeah lets all wear little models of naked hot chicks round our neck!!

Way ahead of you dude

wwidas6.jpg

Bill Hicks. :XD:

Christians are the ones who cause all this debate the rest of us dont want to hear your garbage but you knock on our doors stop us in the street and even call us on the phone.

I wish you would just leave people alone instead of harassing them at every opportunity you get.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

Bill Hicks. :XD:

how did i know you would be the one to catch onto that haha
kirby-sig.gif

Something I really don't get, is how some Atheists claim Christians always push their believes to them when they are doing the exact, same thing to Christians? Thats wearing a big hyprocite title crown!

I love it when they do that. Atheists have no beliefs or religion. Atheism is the absence of such things.

And they (read: Atheists/ACLU) should stop trying to influence school curricula. If my teacher wants to teach Creationism, then by God (pun intended) let her do it*.

I also hate the ACLU (a little off-topic, but oh well) for discouraging prayer in public schools, but fighting to give some Muslim kids time out of class to pray their whatever times a day.

I honestly want to go to one of the schools and claim I'm from a religion that also prays at the same time as Muslims. Except we point our rears towards Mecca and fart "Ode to Joy".

America simply has too many liberties...(which is ironic as I'm excercising one of them in this very post)

*I actually WALKED OUT of my science class when they starting stuffing us like Thanksgiving turkeys with evolutionist junk.

63cu0k4.png

52788436whatsonthetube.PNG

If you believe you came from monkeys, you probably did.

And they (read: Atheists/ACLU) should stop trying to influence school curricula. If my teacher wants to teach Creationism, then by God (pun intended) let her do it*.

No one is saying we shouldn't teach creationism. People are saying it should not be taught in science because it isn't science.

I also hate the ACLU (a little off-topic, but oh well) for discouraging prayer in public schools, but fighting to give some Muslim kids time out of class to pray their whatever times a day.

They have a different belief system to you, where they can not simply go to a private area and put their hands together. What would you do if the teacher told you to say an islamic prayer in class? You wouldn't, so how do you think people who are not religious feel when they are asked to pray?

I honestly want to go to one of the schools and claim I'm from a religion that also prays at the same time as Muslims. Except we point our rears towards Mecca and fart "Ode to Joy".

How lovley.

America simply has too many liberties...(which is ironic as I'm excercising one of them in this very post)

Too many liberties? Like the right to not be forced to pray, like the right to go out of the room to pray, like the right to teach actual science in science classes?

*I actually WALKED OUT of my science class when they starting stuffing us like Thanksgiving turkeys with evolutionist junk.

Thanks for summing up who you are with that post, ignorance isn't a virtue. By the way your signature is slightly offensive.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

For starters: I would like to let everybody know I'm atheist. There, I got that out of the way...now...

I tend to believe in only what I can see, or only something from someone whom I have 100% faith in. There is 1 person I know of like that.

Since I only believe what I can see, it was difficult for me to grasp the concept of a God when I was younger. I gave up my faith in God when I was 12. Since then, I have noticed many things about religion.

One thing I have come to notice is that some people who come from very religious families tend to dis-like you about 1,000% more than they did previously once you tell them you're atheist.

Another thing religious people may push on you is their religion itself. It seems strange to me why people would want to change what I believe. I never have tried to push atheism on someone. Christians have told me I will burn in hell for not putting my faith in the lord. I don't believe it, you do. I guess we will find out eventually, just not now, who was correct.

To each his own, I suppose. I find science to be a more realistic way of looking at the past. Yes, I am well aware that science has no side in this debate, but fossils do tell tales. I can only believe in something that I can see or know to be fact, but even so, I will never 'worship' anything, for the simple reason that I believe that your life shouldn't be devoted to anybody except those who you love, and yourself.

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

My problem is that atheist do the following

Jerks like this exist in every religion. You'd be stereotyping to say that all atheists act like jerks.

I love it when they do that. Atheists have no beliefs or religion. Atheism is the absence of such things.

There are many religions and beliefs that are atheistic.

I'm an agnostic buddhist (Theravada sect is atheistic). It's still a great religion, with or without belief of God.

Well done for being completely ignorant of the founding American principle of Church-State seperation, as well as hundreds of years of scientific research and fact.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

So i am thinking that the cycle for this topic roles around about every week and a half (just an estimate).

and it always ends up the same way.

Warning: if you are easily offended over personal opinions, do not open. =;

[hide]Every single topic that comes up in this forum that is related to this is always one sided. The Christians always end up embarrassing themselves. The things they bring up end up being ridiculous and serving no purpose. Either they talk about how atheists have low morals, or quote the bible. It isn't everyone else's fault that Christians were taught to have no tolerance for any other beliefs. And if you disagree, then you really don't know much about your own religion. Christianity has never supported anything other than their own certain sect. I mean even intra-christianity. Protestants disagree with the Catholics and so forth and so on. The point i am trying to make is the Christian society does not take any other beliefs into account. And that is why the Christians posting make fools of themselves. This is just what i notice ON THIS FORUM AND IN MY COMMUNITY. I am not stereotyping Christians in general. Just my experiences[/hide]

A little about me: Atheistic. But if god showed up tomorrow, i would accept it. But since its been about 2000 years since any of these "Miracles" happened, i really have a hard time believing.

I personally believe that it is good we have such diverse religion. I believe everything in the universe needs to be balanced with some opposition and different thinking. It would be hard to imagine what it would be like if we all agreed on the same things. Just think about that.[/hide]

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it

Every single topic that comes up in this forum that is related to this is always one sided. The Christians always end up embarrassing themselves. The things they bring up end up being ridiculous and serving no purpose. Either they talk about how atheists have low morals, or quote the bible. It isn't everyone else's fault that Christians were taught to have no tolerance for any other beliefs. And if you disagree, then you really don't know much about your own religion. Christianity has never supported anything other than their own certain sect. I mean even intra-christianity. Protestants disagree with the Catholics and so forth and so on. The point i am trying to make is the Christian society does not take any other beliefs into account. And that is why the Christians posting make fools of themselves. This is just what i notice ON THIS FORUM AND IN MY COMMUNITY. I am not stereotyping Christians in general. Just my experiences

Nostra Aetate :| ...

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Dude shut the hell up,

I myself was an aethiest at one point, and the aethiesm community never pushes anything on the christians, however I got called "devil worshipper" a lot by some christians at school, and my parents didnt even want to hear the word... Aetheist's only defend themselves when other religious groups shout Blasphomey from the bell towers so we dont have to live in redicule because of a religions bigitry

Haha, sorry but you got tricked. There's no "atheist community" or "us" when it comes to atheism. That's like implying anarchists have their own bureaus and parliament.

Atheism is simply rejecting the idea of a supernatural being. It's not a religion.

Agnosticism seems the most logical, because nobody can really prove a God's existence or lack thereof. The Pope knows about the birth of the universe just as much as I or some wacko preacher down the road.

----

Not to mention, why are atheists 'pitted' against christians? Over 70% of the world's population isn't christian

Dude shut the hell up,

I myself was an aethiest at one point, and the aethiesm community never pushes anything on the christians, however I got called "devil worshipper" a lot by some christians at school, and my parents didnt even want to hear the word... Aetheist's only defend themselves when other religious groups shout Blasphomey from the bell towers so we dont have to live in redicule because of a religions bigitry

Haha, sorry but you got tricked. There's no "atheist community" or "us" when it comes to atheism. That's like implying anarchists have their own bureaus and parliament.

Atheism is simply rejecting the idea of a supernatural being. It's not a religion.

Agnosticism seems the most logical, because nobody can really prove a God's existence or lack thereof. The Pope knows about the birth of the universe just as much as I or some wacko preacher down the road.

----

Not to mention, why are atheists 'pitted' against christians? Over 70% of the world's population isn't christian

theres a community, you just havent seen it :P

Dude shut the hell up,

----

Is it not also logical to be skeptical of bold claims and lack belief in thier truth until they are proven or have any grounding outside assumption?

I see agnosticism and atheism as both logical choices.

Agnosticism is more logical.

Absence of evidence does not mean evidence of absence.

Of course. As an atheist I don't suggest that. I lack belief because of the lack of evidence. I don't lack belief because I believe the absence of evidence implies evidence of absence. It's the same for any supernatural idea; Thor, Zeus, Apollo, etc. They all lack evidence and I'm equally as lacking in my belief of them, just as much as the Christian god.

Nostra Aetate :| ...

Right. If they think they increased tolerance or togetherness, i haven't noticed it.

Heh, you live in the South :P ?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Both sides have hypocrites, both sides have people who will try and force their views on others. I am atheist, and only ever bring it up when I'm confronted about it.

PS. whats the difference between Agnostic and Atheist?

Fear is your only God

guth8os.gif

walmart44.png