My issues with Athiests.

Giordano

Something I really don't get, is how some Atheists claim Christians always push their believes to them when they are doing the exact, same thing to Christians? Thats wearing a big hyprocite title crown!

Another thing I'll like to add to this, is when Atheists tell Christians to be open-minded. To possibily accept the idea that God isn't real, when themselves can't take the chance that God really exist? That's two hyprocite crowns!

"Discuss."

I assume most of you take this as a joke, somewhat. Although my ideas still apply to hyprocrital Atheists like I described. I would also like to add, I am not a Athiest, Agonistic (however you spell that, Reb help!), Christian, Islamic, Jewish, Pastafraian nor anything else.

Let the mindless-jokey flame war begin!

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen a crazy guy preaching that God DOESN'T exist on a high street. I have however seen quite a few Christians doing so. Christians push their beliefs a lot more (in general) that Athiests.

sig5235ro7.jpg

Is this is meant to be some kind of a 'mock' on my topic? Or a way to get it closed down?

At least I took time to think through my topic and arguments for it, yet your argument fails at the first hurdle.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

I've never seen a crazy guy preaching that God DOESN'T exist on a high street. I have however seen quite a few Christians doing so. Christians push their beliefs a lot more (in general) that Athiests.

Exactly what i was going to say.

Is this is meant to be some kind of a 'mock' on my topic? Or a way to get it closed down?

At least I took time to think through my topic and arguments for it, yet your argument fails at the first hurdle.

So telling us without question that what we believe in is bunk isn't pushing your beliefs on us?

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I assume most of you take this as a joke, somewhat. Although my ideas still apply to hyprocrital Atheists like I described. I would also like to add, I am not a Athiest, Agonistic (however you spell that, Reb help!), Christian, Islamic, Jewish, Pastafraian nor anything else.

Let the mindless-jokey flame war begin!

It's "agnostic", as in "away from gnostic" :P .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

So telling us without question that what we believe in is bunk isn't pushing your beliefs on us?

I don't care what you believe, as long as you don't force it on others. But the Bible tell you to preach the word, so hence you have to do it.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

I wouldn't want that closed down, mate. It's a good topic that has nothing to do with this one debate-wise. So Mods shouldn't lock it. :wink:

And thanks Reb for the proper spelling. :P

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I don't care what you believe, as long as you don't force it on others. But the Bible tell you to preach the word, so hence you have to do it.

There's a subtle difference to preaching the word, and forcing it upon people. We usually only preach to people who wish to listen. I've never heard of a sane Christian tying someone down and making them listen to the Bible.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Shove a cork in it, lock the topic and throw away the key, seriously I am so sick of hearing crap about religion that I death glare x10 anyone in real life who's mentioned it in the past fortnight.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Exactly what I was thinking. :-s

I'm really getting tired of this religion stuff that keeps popping up... =; let's talk about something else for a while, shall we?

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

Dude shut the hell up,

I myself was an aethiest at one point, and the aethiesm community never pushes anything on the christians, however I got called "devil worshipper" a lot by some christians at school, and my parents didnt even want to hear the word... Aetheist's only defend themselves when other religious groups shout Blasphomey from the bell towers so we dont have to live in redicule because of a religions bigitry

Dude shut the hell up,

I myself was an aethiest at one point, and the aethiesm community never pushes anything on the christians, however I got called "devil worshipper" a lot by some christians at school, and my parents didnt even want to hear the word... Aetheist's only defend themselves when other religious groups shout Blasphomey from the bell towers so we dont have to live in redicule because of a religions bigitry

I'm sorry... nothing personal, but I feel a need to say it...

If your were an atheist, wouldn't you of known how to spell it? :-s

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

Dude shut the hell up,

I'm sorry... nothing personal, but I feel a need to say it...

If your were an atheist, wouldn't you of known how to spell it? :-s

no because i have horrible grammar spelling and my IQ is equal to that of a bottle of miracle bubbles :) there now none of you can flame me

Shove a cork in it, lock the topic and throw away the key, seriously I am so sick of hearing crap about religion that I death glare x10 anyone in real life who's mentioned it in the past fortnight.

+1 Im tired of trying to figure crap out.

Oh not another person who gets their internet life mixed up with their social life! :P

Just Joking. :--)

By the way on topic, a lot of athiest out there don't respect people's religions, in fact a lot even despise the thought of someone believing in their faith and rejecting the world's way of thinking. Just another bit of hypocrisy, when they expect us to believe their theories are fact, even when they aren't proven.

Another thing I'll like to add to this, is when Atheists tell Christians to be open-minded. To possibily accept the idea that God isn't real, when themselves can't take the chance that God really exist? That's two hyprocite crowns!

First off I'm going to ignore the first part of your post as it has been discussed in the other thread.

Second, on the quote, I think it is quite the opposite. IF atheists tell christians to do anything, which, they dont, its to be closed minded rather than open minded. Closing your mind to nothing but the facts is what athiests do and how theories are derived. Opening your mind to things that are possible with no facts is how faith is derived.

And thats all I have to say.

mybest_1.jpg

-All sigs by me.

[My Gallery]

Oh not another person who gets their internet life mixed up with their social life! :P

Just Joking. :--)

By the way on topic, a lot of athiest out there don't respect people's religions, in fact a lot even despise the thought of someone believing in their faith and rejecting the world's way of thinking. Just another bit of hypocrisy, when they expect us to believe their theories are fact, even when they aren't proven.

Please, eels, don't mix atheism with science. The two are completely different. Just because atheists often accept science dosen't make science atheistic.

Well, it's true Atheists don't preach publicly in the streets as some Christians, but they still have that right, don't they? As long as nobody forces me (or tries too much, to the point of being annoying and perhaps offensive) to believe anything, I'm fine with them. Also, for example, Agnostics believe, if I'm not mistaken that some things like the existence or absence of God(s), Life after Death, etc. are inherently unknowable due their own nature, especially since nobody has any viable proof. That means that they accept both Theism and Atheism as two possible realities, and thus we should be open minded toward other points of view.

This signature is intentionally left blank.