The abortion debate

w1zard

Abortion should not be denied to anyone. Although i believe abortion should not be treated as a form of contraception, The right for a woman to control her life and the life of her unborn baby is a right that should not be taken away by any such christian moral crusaders such as Bush or Lincolnsk8rboi

Every Child that is bought into this world should be WANTED. There is no use bringing a child into this world when it will be shunned and neglected. We can''t deny the pregnant victims of rape/incest the right to abort their baby. How cruel is it to force a woman to carry her rapist''s baby for 9 months then give birth to it?

Moral crusaders would argue that all babies shoud just be put up for adoption as soon as they are born. Well, the rate of adoption is low, Few children are actually placed within a loving family in their infant years and are lucky not to live their entire childhoods in Orphanages, which is a shame. A lot are placed in unloving foster homes and never get to experience a real family environment. Yes, there may be some success stories, but for every successful adoption story there are probably 3 unsuccessful adoption stories that have done the child no good at all.

If we want to say we live in a "free society" then how can we stop abortion? How can someone be opposed to abortion and yet be all for freedom? you just can''t.

If we outlaw abortions, then we will find mothers trying to kill not only their babies, but themselves. Do not deny this. A woman should not be forced to go through with carrying a baby if it would impact negatively on her own life or if the baby would have to suffer a poor quality of life all because of a few passages in an ancient fraudulent book of utter contradictory, absurd, cruel and downright rubbish that is the Bible.

The Bible is outdated and can no longer be applied to a modern society. The earth no longer is flat and doesn''t have four corners. Do not use the bible to justify your anti abortion crusade.

Women should have the power to control their own destinies and the destiny of their unborn child. And we don''t have any *Have a Nice Day*cking right whatsover to tell them what to do. it is not our baby. It is not our place to step in and impose our morals and beliefs upon them.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ABORTION = MURDER

the baby is human, and seperate from mother

they sometimes have different blood types

they have different DNA

they can act, and react

One of the old guard of RS.

RS birthday = Feb - 27 - 2002

Proud member of the original forum.

Abortion is allowed in Christianity if the child was conceived through rape. The Christian teaching of abortion and contraception is that artificial methods of contraception should not be used. If you are going to be in a sexual relationship with a woman you have to accept the possibility of a child. If you then become pregnant I do not agree that you have the right to have an abortion. I agree with the main teachings on this, a child should be welcomed into a family unless this child puts the mother at risk during pregnancy or was conceived through ways such as rape.

I think if you're going to post on this debate to please check your words carefully as it could be a sensitive issue. If anyone has been offended by what I've said then pm me and I'll sort it out :)

I think it should be allowed, why should you take an unwanted child? I agree, it's murder, but sometimes abortion is just the best thing to do (eg. when you know your child has some kind of disease that can't be healed).

I believe in choice..it's up to a person if they want to abort it or not. I don't believe others should be able to decide for another person. I don't think it should be illegal therefore. Besides..we need to lower the population anyway. >.>

Abortion is allowed in Christianity if the child was conceived through rape.

And though I'm not Christian myself, I support this. I personally believe it is not the mother's choice to end the child's life, HOWEVER, if the child was conceived by rape, I think that abortion is an acceptable measure.

Generally, my stand is if you're going to go off and have sex every ten seconds with a new guy and expect not to get pregnant, you deserve to have to raise that baby.

If we want to say we live in a "free society" then how can we stop abortion? How can someone be opposed to abortion and yet be all for freedom? you just can''t.

Freedom? Are you kidding me? Your idea of freedom is having the right to end another's life? I don't think so. It's our freedom that should protect us from such atrocities. You may argue that scientifically, a fetus in the first trimester is not alive yet, but at the bottom line if you leave that baby alone it will become a person just like you and me, and there's no way you can justify stopping that from happening.

And then you say it's not fair to the baby to let it live, because it might have a low quality of life. Wow. I had to take a step back when i read that one. Think about that as if it were you who were the baby. Would you prefer no life, or a "low quality" life, where at least you have a chance to obtain whatever you deem to be a "high quality" life? Any life at all is better than being dead. I cant believe you would even use that as a justification for abortion. Are you saying we should go shoot all the homeless people in the streets and all the orphans living in orphanages because their lives are "low quality"? It's a ridiculous, heartless statement to make. How can you decide to end a child's life before he or she ever has a chance to become someone?

don't get me wrong-when having the baby may put the mother's life in danger, that could be an exception. other than that, however, we really have no right to say this fetus cannot become a child because i didn't want to get pregnant, or i don't want to raise a child, or this child's life will be bad. that's just not our decision to make, or the mother's.

I belive that to a certain point it is ok. When the baby is first starting out as cells and little bits of flesh i belive it is ok. Once they start to get bigger and devolp more into human form i find it wrong. I am pro-abortion but only to a certain extent. No child deserves to have to grow up in a foster home or be neglected or like out on the streets. I would rather not be alive at all then to have to deal with that.

i think its ok, under ceartain sicrumstances. say if it was an accidental pregnacy, and you already have kids. or rape. or if dont have the finacial sappourst (Why let the kid go through a life of trying to find new parents).

But about the murder thing, i dont think it is murder. The baby is not really alive untill it breathes its first breath. atleast thats waht i belive. becase at that second, the doctore times it, and put down stuff for a birhtcirtificate, which make you leagaly alive.

Just my thoughts.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

ABORTION = MURDER

the baby is human, and seperate from mother

they sometimes have different blood types

they have different DNA

they can act, and react

Yep i totally agree with you. When the state/country decides to make abortion legal, they're just contradicting themselves. Who knows if that human may be the next president, or find a cure for AIDS, or play an important role in human life on this earth?

dang it. you just made me conterdict myself. i belive in that same thing. that for everperson dead, that could be another pesron in the futer that could do something really imortant. i sorta conterdicted myself, but its ok. i just feel ther are ceartain instances where its acceptibal. its not if they can live a normal life (i dotn mean normal as in no birht deffects)

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Ending another life because they inconvenience you? Hell no.

Ending someones life because they might go through some difficulty? Without even consulting them? Hell no.

That feotus should have the freedom to grow up and not be killed before it gets its first taste of air. Killing something before they get the chance to experiance life? Thats disgusting, many people have lived with horrific illnesses. Inconvenience is the worst excuse ever, there is no justifying killing anything at all, no matter of age, deformity or incapication. It makes me sick how people can bring themselves to kill something without letting it have a say on the matter.

sonsie, protection dosent even offer a full 100%. only abbsetance does (I cant spell, lol).

Then they shouldnt do an act which has the SOLE PURPOSE OF DOING THE INTENDED 'ACCIDENT'.

It dosent have that sole purpose. human minds are growing. well that makes use maybe not smarter, but have new ideas. Back when we were only instincas and had almost no free ideas, we used sex for procreation. but now addays, it is used for mor like... i dont know entertainment. its just the way our socity has become.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

It dosent have that sole purpose. human minds are growing. well that makes use maybe not smarter, but have new ideas. Back when we were only instincas and had almost no free ideas, we used sex for procreation. but now addays, it is used for mor like... i dont know entertainment. its just the way our socity has become.

The natural sole purpose of sexual intercourse is to prduce offspring, it wasnt intended for entertainment, its survival of the fittest, not survival of the most entertained.