Manners, is there such a thing within this game?

DarkDude

I'm in the middle of doing a spiritual mage task. About 50 kills in a level 110 logs in and starts killing the ones I'm killing. I polietly ask him to leave, he says no and continues killing the ones I was killing, resulting in me getitng half or no experience for slayer...

So I switch servers. Kill another 50 or so, then a levle 126 logs in and does exactly the same. Now anyone with a brain would be able to see that someone is there killing them for slayer, but nope even after I ask him to leave he refuses to and continues killing the ones I'm killing.

This is a big problem in the game, although in other places it's not multi so it doesn't really make much difference. But killing the same monster than someone else is killing for slayer? I'm sorry, but that's just darn right rude. There's no reason to do such a thing, other than being annoying on purpose. Well either that or just stupid.

The other day I was killing the zamorak bosses, a level 100 comes in and starts "helping" us. Another time two level 110s come in, and do the same. Of course me and my friend aren't exactly stupid and force them out by getting all four bosses on them. If they want to fight them, we'll let them, we were not going to do the hard work for them (Killing the 650 and the other meleer) while they stand there killing the other two without being in any real danger.

Has anyone else experienced this recently? Does the God Wars Dungeon bring out the worst in people? Or have I just been lucky to avoid these type of people for the most part in the past 6 years?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it is definitely a trend that has started in the last year or so. However, I have only experienced such things while training near pkers, so maybe the high levels doing it is new. Most likely, they are pure-combaters, or rude.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I don't remember who said this qoute but here: "Anonymity brings out the worst in people." People tend to be jerks when they think that other people dont know who they really are. Many times while I was RCing and was pked, the pker would stay and entagle me to prevent me from getting pouches. People can be plain jerks. Just don't let it get to you, overall, being a chill person pays off.

Qizx2- Archmage

Personnumber100- Warlock for life.

Would you?

STORY OF MY LIFE same exact thing happened to me with spiritual mages..

conclusion: i hate people

Free.png

@Dragonseance #1 to 200m all.

www.twitter.com/dragonseance

STORY OF MY LIFE same exact thing happened to me with spiritual mages..

conclusion: i hate people

You're a RC pker, no one cares about you or your feelings. :wink:
Dear God I love it. Im going to check if I have room in my siggy for that.

EDIT: I do have room for the qoute. :thumbsup:

Qizx2- Archmage

Personnumber100- Warlock for life.

Would you?

Bandits is worse. After 15 minutes some level 100+ comes in and think they can butt me off my spot. I say hop please, they go nah, I think I'll stay here. Why they don't butt off the people higher than them is a wonder to me :roll:

jjroxlu7.jpg

The infamous "I'm special" attitude is spreading throughout RS like the plague.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

they are rude cause they probley were bullied at their position many times and finnally wanted to vent the anger on other players...

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

they are rude cause they probley were bullied at their position many times and finnally wanted to vent the anger on other players...

No, that sounds more like an IRL situation, not Runescape.

Most times people are what you call "rude", because they simply don't care about the other player, and why should they ?Its a game .

As mentioned in the first post, they 2 people were obviously a much higher level, giving them an advantage to begin with, so why in the heck should they leave, when they are practically forcing out the smaller player just by being there.

Now that might be harsh, but thats just the way it is.

Most times people are what you call "rude", because they simply don't care about the other player, and why should they ?Its a game .

As mentioned in the first post, they 2 people were obviously a much higher level, giving them an advantage to begin with, so why in the heck should they leave, when they are practically forcing out the smaller player just by being there.

Actualy, I'm level 120 so the 110 wasn't higher than me. "Other players" are people too, so why should you not have manners? It may be an online game but that doesn't give people the right to be rude towards other REAL people does it? It's a mentality like that which these people most likely have and I bet you they wouldn't even try to do such a thing in real life, so why the hell should they do it in a game?

Actualy, I'm level 120 so the 110 wasn't higher than me. "Other players" are people too, so why should you not have manners? It may be an online game but that doesn't give people the right to be rude towards other REAL people does it? It's a mentality like that which these people most likely have and I bet you they wouldn't even try to do such a thing in real life, so why the hell should they do it in a game?

Because they're anonymous.

Treasure trail items: 9

Dragon drops: 0

Pretty much answered it urself.

Because its a game, where its actually allowed. :boohoo:

Either deal with it, or don't. Not dealing with it will just make you mad.

Now if a game pisses you off so much, why do you play it?

Or have you not discovered that games are meant to be played for personal enjoyment ? PERSONAL, meaning they don't have to give a flying fl00k about you're "feelings".

I break it down hard, so you and others don't have to constantly post whining rants.

you don't have to be "polite" when training, it's nice, but it's not wrong to choose to challenge someone over a spot.

Yes, thats very true.

I believe its not the person challenging the spot, that has a problem

Its most likely the sad little person who chooses to dwell on it and get all depressed, that needs some help.. :P

lol...where are your own manners, aint never heard of sharing?? :boohoo:

Sharing is when both people agree, and when there's enough to go around, which there maybe isn't at spiritual mages.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

lol...where are your own manners, aint never heard of sharing?? :boohoo:

Sharing is when both people agree, and when there's enough to go around, which there maybe isn't at spiritual mages.

Maybe thats your definition of sharing in the (perhaps) egocentric society you live in.

Where I'm from we share no matter the amount.

Or have you not discovered that games are meant to be played for personal enjoyment ? PERSONAL, meaning they don't have to give a flying fl00k about you're "feelings".

If you get enjoyment out of annoying other people then there's something seriously wrong with you that goes far beyond a game.

If you get enjoyment out of annoying other people then there's something seriously wrong with you that goes far beyond a game.

I don't speak for myself in this case, perhaps you misread.

I'm level 116, f2p only, and train at lvl 45 iceys on world 52. once a month I see a player there within my attack level range.

Now listen up, if YOU GET ANNOYED by someone else playing the game the way he seems fit, YOU GOT THE PROBLEM.