Manners, is there such a thing within this game?

DarkDude

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Had to quote you on this one.. I'll tell you, a good chunk of those friendly polite players in RS just want something for nothing too..

Thats exactly what it is thou, the something for nothing attitude..

Since its not RL.. The same kid that would be too afraid to even try getting in your way or stealing from you, if given the chance; will take you for all your worth.. Just goes to show what some people really are deep down (albeit in a game or on the street, you are you, but its alot easier to do something to someone with little to no risk of consequence)

But ya, I don't even care anymore.. this is just the beginning of the end.. Scape has been going downhill for a long time.. And this explosion of the AVD (a-hole virgin demographic) is just one thing in the line of things

Elaborate on your point? From what I understand you seem to be convinced that all nice people seem to be hypocrites, which is unfortunately not the case here. People can apply real life virtues into RS, not everyone attempts to receive a reward for being nice you know.. <.<

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

They obviously want the world to themselves which I totally understand beening a gold miner. I go over and annoy people until they hop worlds :lol:

They want to train as fast as they can because time is limited

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I've had exactly the same experiences while killing the Tzhaar monsters. Occasionally some nearby dharoker thinks he has supreme power and attacks the monster I'm fighting. He keeps following me, doing the same thing over and over again. When I tell him to stop, he starts to insult me in a vulgar way, which vaguely means that I am weak and can't kill them fast enough. Er... yeah... :roll:

It seems the only really arrogant brats in that place are those dharokers and lower leveled cowardly halberders and rangers. I've never had too much trouble with other training spots. Maybe the GWD is a worse place, but I just haven't gone there yet.

And yes, manners don't exist, when it comes to overtaking an occupied training spot. It has been this way since the classic runescape era, and unless people start being a little more mature, won't end soon.

dontfearthereaper2.png

As unfortunate as it may seem, I have to agree, with almost everything that has been said so far. I am only a level 72 -.- , and I often try to get certain spots to myself. What really bugs me is when people just come along and assume that because they are a higher level and can hit a lot harder, they atomatically gain privelige over myself. With the example below, I have had similar situations where people actually go out of there way to be annoying. :?: Why? :!:

There is only one thing that annoys me more that this, and that is people who insult you because they have nothing better to do.

All I can do is encourage you to be the better person and show that some people CAN have manners, and that your better than them NOT because you can kill stuff quicker, and NOT because you have been able to find enjoyment in the hurting of others feelings. But because you are a good, friendly, curtious person.

Even if your not, you can still set an example. O:)

elliot33333.png

to help me out, could you please click the link below?

http://world6.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=114315353

If they attack mine, it's okay, because then I attack theirs. Simple. If they try to communicate with me then I just ignore them. =;

yeah thats what i do. lol so much easier

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I don't remember who said this qoute but here: "Anonymity brings out the worst in people." People tend to be jerks when they think that other people dont know who they really are. Many times while I was RCing and was pked, the pker would stay and entagle me to prevent me from getting pouches. People can be plain jerks. Just don't let it get to you, overall, being a chill person pays off.

Yeah, most rude people's mentality is "Why should I care about what someone on the other side of the world thinks of me?"

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I worry that you've missed the point here. You're saying, "Isn't it awful that people don't have manners on Runescape?", which means you're already accepting Fook-a-ji's basic position, which is that people don't have manners on Runescape.

The distinction here is that you want people to have manners - it's how you want the game to be. Fook-a-ji is content to leave the game largely anarchic in this regard. He's attempting to batter you down to his point of view, with phrases like 'whiner' and so on. This is because your stance represents a threat to his: if more people wished to play the game your way and were willing to do something about it, his way of playing would become more difficult.

The point is that society, and all the rules and manners thereof, doesn't just come into being. People have to make it happen. In this case, by expecting manners of the other player and not reacting appropriately when they didn't, you let your own cause down.

The proper response is to demonstrate to the other player exactly what happens when manners are removed from the game entirely. Put simply, if he doesn't want to play the game your way, then for God's sake don't let him play the game the way he wants to. Annoy the bejeezus out of the [bleep]. Follow him from monster to monster, stealing his kills and xp. You were near the interlopers in levels in the cases that you mentioned, and this was entirely possible.

You did this in the second example you mentioned, in the boss chamber. Do it in the first, and every time someone acts in an unmannerly fashion near you, they'll be less inclined to do it next time.

"Join me next week on 'Let's Make No Freaking Sense', when I shall be waxing an owl."

- Green Wing

Barrows Drops: 1x Verac's Flail, 2x Karil's Crossbow, 1x Torag's Hammers, 1x Karil's Leatherskirt, 1x Karil's Coif

Yes, thats very true.

I believe its not the person challenging the spot, that has a problem

Its most likely the sad little person who chooses to dwell on it and get all depressed, that needs some help.. :P

Quoted for truth.

A small conversation I once experienced:

Player: Get off my spot, I was here first!

Me: Soo, how much for this spot, I'll buy it?

Player: Idiot, you can't own training spot.

Although I do support good manners while training, but it's pretty sad if you just start whining about other people who refuse to leave.

I'm in the middle of doing a spiritual mage task. About 50 kills in a level 110 logs in and starts killing the ones I'm killing. I polietly ask him to leave, he says no and continues killing the ones I was killing, resulting in me getitng half or no experience for slayer...

So I switch servers. Kill another 50 or so, then a levle 126 logs in and does exactly the same. Now anyone with a brain would be able to see that someone is there killing them for slayer, but nope even after I ask him to leave he refuses to and continues killing the ones I'm killing.

This is a big problem in the game, although in other places it's not multi so it doesn't really make much difference. But killing the same monster than someone else is killing for slayer? I'm sorry, but that's just darn right rude. There's no reason to do such a thing, other than being annoying on purpose. Well either that or just stupid.

The other day I was killing the zamorak bosses, a level 100 comes in and starts "helping" us. Another time two level 110s come in, and do the same. Of course me and my friend aren't exactly stupid and force them out by getting all four bosses on them. If they want to fight them, we'll let them, we were not going to do the hard work for them (Killing the 650 and the other meleer) while they stand there killing the other two without being in any real danger.

Has anyone else experienced this recently? Does the God Wars Dungeon bring out the worst in people? Or have I just been lucky to avoid these type of people for the most part in the past 6 years?

Ye, gw is beeing overrun with santas little "helpers". I had a group of people logging on the world where i was doing kc on goobilins, and even inspite all of them having 40kc they decided to "HELP ME OUT". A lot of helpers inside the bosses rooms helping with the seargents and other bodyguards. Its like christian values have actually kicked in last two weeks -.-

Yes, thats very true.

I believe its not the person challenging the spot, that has a problem

Its most likely the sad little person who chooses to dwell on it and get all depressed, that needs some help.. :P

Quoted for truth.

A small conversation I once experienced:

Player: Get off my spot, I was here first!

Me: Soo, how much for this spot, I'll buy it?

Player: Idiot, you can't own training spot.

True and Rofl.

But the thing with rs is that the majority of ppl dont like to "waste time while playing", as moronic as that sounds. Anways, me personally do as id wish others would do when i was in their place. So i dont take their spots, and swich worlds. I dont get all upset when i get "helped" or crashed and usually swich as soon as i see the other person wont budge. The thing is that most ppl think, and rightly so that if they move they actually support and promote this type of behaviour, so they just decide to bite the bullet for a while. If noone would ever move for the crashers hardly anyone would get crashed.

Eloquenty put Adamfostas!

Lets hope it reaches the ones sensitive to reason, because im afraid it will swooch far over the head of the insensitive.

He's attempting to batter you down to his point of view, with phrases like 'whiner' and so on. This is because your stance represents a threat to his: if more people wished to play the game your way and were willing to do something about it, his way of playing would become more difficult.

Yep - thats what I was talking about in my reply :D

Edited for spellcheck :oops:

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Well, if you get the kills the other guy doesnt get them and vice versa.

With f2p getting all the new servers it cant really be expected that anyone is going to switch worlds because there just arent enough of them (meaning that there is no world with free spots at the more popular monsters).

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

One of the basic concepts of Real life is:

Treat others, how you would like to be treated yourself

This applies in this situation too. You would not like to be kicked out of the training spot you found first by someone else, so you shouldn't attempt to kick them out either. It's just courtesy.

For example, when the Hunter skill was first released, the red salamanders where considered the best training spots, making it near-on impossible to find an empty world. I would spend a good 20 minutes before I'd find one, but I'd rather spend the time switching servers than ruin someone Else's game play.

Yet since some of you assume that the (admittedly, unwritten) rules of Real life shouldn't apply to Runescape, i ask you: Why not? You're still interacting with other People not pixels. Yet you tell us to grow up for making these links?

Maybe it is you who should grow up for not being able to learn something you should have learnt in primary school. :roll:

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

*puts public chat to friends* :uhh: that should stop rude people ::'

Well yeah people do this, but i don't complain i just hop myself 20 second wait for another world isn't a problem for me considering a 10-15min struggle for a monster kill <.<

People always kicking up a fuss over nothing as usual Rs will always have sad little children in the game, better get used to it :?

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely

I'm glad someone brought this up. Level 90-120s naturally think since im only level 65 that im some noob when i ask how much something is or if i say my (insert skill) level is whatever when THEY say "(insert skill) levels" I may be only level 65, but i've been playing for close to 3 years now. Just because they're a high level doesn't mean they can be rude and arrogant towards us nooby players.

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.