Clan Leaders

Bufoman

123Yourgone, now that you mention it, charisma does, in fact, count.

Diggumup knows what he's talking about :)

Well my clan leaders kept getting perm muted... so the ability not to get muted is a good one.
:lol:

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

I say clan leaders should follow runescape rules, NOT be in the OOC, and a good chef. :D

Whats wrong with the OOC? Please delve further into this one, as I honestly thnk that the OOC has some of the nicest people you can ever meet in it.

Also, what the hell does a good chef have to do with anything?

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Exceptional knowledge of how the entire clan world works, develops, acts, and who are people to look out for. When I say entire clan world, I mean skilling clans, main clans, pure clans, OOC clans, and teams(kinda iffy).

About the clan leader, and friendship, I do believe there shouldn't be a line, just enough concept to diver the two in certain situations.

Must be able to have dive into things they dislike, or like, regardless of how it will affect how they look, even if its for the better of the clan. Ability to have a conscious mind at all times, even if they just had their mom, dad, gf, and closest friend murdered by his/her sibling.

Everything else has been named, but I think one of the most strongest aspects is the ability to think beyond themselves, and think of the clan, and the clan's members, before making any decision.

For example, would the leader raise requirements, but lose 10 loyal members because it's impractical for those members to gain any levels in the next month or two, but gain around 30 members if reqs are raised?

Heh. I just had that issue a week or two ago as well. Its easier than it sounds. Raise the reqs, and let all current members stay.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Ability to have a conscious mind at all times, even if they just had their mom, dad, gf, and closest friend murdered by his/her sibling.

Got to disagree with your there. If something like that happened its only right to take some time to grieve. Put some one else in charge if you will, but real life crisis of that sort should certainly come first.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

Ability to have a conscious mind at all times, even if they just had their mom, dad, gf, and closest friend murdered by his/her sibling.

Got to disagree with your there. If something like that happened its only right to take some time to grieve. Put some one else in charge if you will, but real life crisis of that sort should certainly come first.

Maybe I should reword that, I think what I meant to say, was what you said, but be able to inform the clan before becoming totally inactive for a week or two. Might have been too strict there. :uhh:

I think a clan leader should be able to inspire their members. I think a good clan leadershould be able to inspire other members and friends to become co leaders or council members. In other words, they should be able to set up a nice structure that really helps the clan leadership grow.

~Founder of the Legendary Clan ZeonicForce~

0lDw1lK.png

I personally feel that a person who doesn't wan't to be a clan leader (by being so modest) is the best clan leader.

Nothing more to it really :D

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

a good leader needs to stick with the clan through good times and bad times. for instance i have quit runescape but not quit helping my clan.

everything else has been said realy, i sufferfrom some of the flaws but also that gives my another good thing for a leader to be human, and caring.

Leader of Saradomins Army and saradomins army juniors

• 4 weeks later...

JJDIDTIEBUCKLE.

Remember that - JJ did tie buckle

Judgement - Word speaks for itself

Justice - Hand in hand with proper Judgement

Dependability - Being a dependable leader who will be there when they say they will

Integrity - Doing whats right even when other people aren't looking, honesty

Determination - The will power to get things done

Tact - Being able to handle problems with causing anger or arguements and yet getting the message through to everyone

Inniative (sp?) - The will to take charge or to do things not because you were told to, but because you saw it needed to be done

Enthusiasm (sp?) - Being happy to be a leader, not being depressed, having enthusiasm in everything that you do.

Bearing - Able to be serious when you need to be serious and keep it that way

Unselfishness - Word speaks for itself, thinking of others and not just yourself

Courage - Dont be a scaredy cat, willing to take risk and attempt things for the better

Knowledge - Knowing your stuff, being wise in the workings of a leader, hard to be a leader when your stupid

Loyalty - Loyal to your people and yourself, dont backstab someone even if its just because you dont like them

Endurance - Dont give up so easy, hold out on things for as long as possible.

All clan leaders must have JJDIDTIEBUCKLE

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

I have never heard of that acronym, but I certainly will now. Nice one, it explains a lot.

Same here, not gonna memorize them or anything though :oops:

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

The most important thing I think is to see running the clan as more important than playing rs. Without this the leader will always be slacking a bit imo.

Another big problem though is a lack of activity, if your only around for an hour a day it becomes very hard to lead a clan succesfully as a good event should take an hour and that leaves little time for anything else.

Thats about all for now.

Tlc1.png

The most important thing I think is to see running the clan as more important than playing rs. Without this the leader will always be slacking a bit imo.

Another big problem though is a lack of activity, if your only around for an hour a day it becomes very hard to lead a clan succesfully as a good event should take an hour and that leaves little time for anything else.

Thats about all for now.

I can positively say time is the key. I have two hours on the computer a day & it's extremely frustrating to get work done. Of course I've gotten used to it by now, learned how to efficiently use time, spread leadership, blah blah blah, but you see, time is something some leaders take for granted.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

I would have to agree here, Time is one of the most limiting factors a leader will have to deal with. This was the main reason I felt I had to retire as a Clan Moderator; it came down to choosing between leading my order with the time allowed or moderating TIF. I chose the former.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

What makes a person a good leader in Runescape is essentially the same as what makes a person a good leader in life. As the essential thing that separates good leaders from great leaders, I would pick maturity.

In my eyes, some of the greatest leaders were not the ones that led the strongest clans of their time, nor were some of the leaders that led the strongest clans truly great.

Igna.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Qualitys:

Respect everyone in the clan, good knowledge of other clans and the waring world, be able to take criticism, must be easy to get along with, laid-back, but holds his authority.

Leader of Phoenix Elite

• 4 months later...

Qualities- able to connect with their clan, able to understand their needs and put them before their own needs/wants, organisation

Flaws- Not listening to his clan, being paranoid about everything, not taking any advice.

I was once part of a clan on my old account and the people in it were great and the clan was very close. The leader wasn't part of that friendship. People just talked about him behind his back and if anyone tried to put a new opinion forward that was different from his he wouldn't listen to it. In the end the certain members of the clan decided that they had enough and one pking trip just stopped listening to his pathetic orders, because he was not very good in the wilderness, and other members were. He then decided to punish us, and several of us just had enough and left. He was a terrible leader who was no good at what he was leading and just wouldn't take the advice of anyone around him, and then tried to punish us for standing up against him. He thought he was leading a clan but in the end we used to go to the official events and when he left have our own better events afterwards.