decisions for ways to make money f2p..

deathmonark

ok right now i am air running...kinda good money but slow progress.. i timed my self for 30 minutes and in the end i got 24k for 2k each run..that means i didnt it about 15 times... its slow and you have run to everywhere... i also tried killing hillys and getting and selling there bones... didnt work that much..people kill the hillys too much..i tried selling lobbies.. i have to run back and forth from karamja and i keep on burning the lobbies... i tried merchanting but doesnt work well... so i need help to choose with method... should i keep one of them and keep doing it or should i choose another? please help.. i have about 300k (ppl who want to tell me to keep merchanting). and NEW ideas are good too...please help..thanks!!!!

IMHO, you will never make a decent amount of cash on F2P. There are ways of doing it, but it's so much easier on P2P!

You can carry on toiling on F2P, but you're only losing time to P2Pers, which actually puts you in a worse position.

IMHO, you will never make a decent amount of cash on F2P. There are ways of doing it, but it's so much easier on P2P!

You can carry on toiling on F2P, but you're only losing time to P2Pers, which actually puts you in a worse position.

well that depends on your definition on decent, I made plenty of cash on F2P, and mostly through buying raw sharks and cooking them, and then reselling. I had over 6-7 mil worth on F2P.

~Ddaanniielh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

deathmonark, try crafting gold-based items and silver-based items. Money is to be found there. ::'

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

well that depends on your definition on decent, I made plenty of cash on F2P, and mostly through buying raw sharks and cooking them, and then reselling. I had over 6-7 mil worth on F2P.

~Ddaanniielh

How could you buy sharks in f2p?

steve.gif

Nocsyn.png

How could you buy sharks in f2p?

Not possible. However, they may have been talking about lobsters or swordfish.

~Mr. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

There was a good guide for F2P money making in Player Made Guides a while back, but I believe buying Eyes of Newt from Port Sarim magic shop (under 10 each) and then selling for 100-200 each (not sure on the current market price) is one of the best ways to obtain decent wealth in F2P.

There was a good guide for F2P money making in Player Made Guides a while back, but I believe buying Eyes of Newt from Port Sarim magic shop (under 10 each) and then selling for 100-200 each (not sure on the current market price) is one of the best ways to obtain decent wealth in F2P.

Only if you can find members who are willing to buy for their potion-making, or people who are suckers while trying to do the "Witch's Potion" F2P quest. Otherwise, you're really out of luck.

~Mr. Devnull

It took me a whole year to get 1mill on F2P, and from then on I managed to turn that 1mill to 5mill in just 3 weeks, all in F2P.

Just keep skilling your way towards that first mill, then merchant your cabbage off from then on.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

It took me a whole year to get 1mill on F2P, and from then on I managed to turn that 1mill to 5mill in just 3 weeks, all in F2P.

Just keep skilling your way towards that first mill, then merchant your cabbage off from then on.

As easy as you make it sound, merchanting in F2P isn't exactly a cakewalk (at least in my experience). As soon as someone announces an excellent item to merchant in F2P, word spreads and that item soon becomes one of the worst things to merchant.

I've tried by hand at merchanting and although it does result in profit, I'd never be able to merchant millions in just a week or so. Not my cup of tea (and I know for a fact other players have trouble with it).

Nul_Oblivion.png

Retired Member

oh and i thought about buying coal and mining iron and making steel bars but the prices for coal are going up and down...

I know what you mean. Only way to really get a profit is to mine it all yourself. You get exp for your time spent and money for your mined goods, and don't spend any money in the first place.

~Mr. Devnull

I suggest mining coal and iron. I am a newbie member and I used to mine coal and sell it. Alot harder IMO for coal sense its alot of walking back and forth to bank but thats the only real way I could make some decent money. I wouldnt sell for 200 though. I sold for 190 so I was guaranted a sell. Alot of people wanted to buy for less than 200. I made decent money by far wasnt rich

Mining, Smithing, and Merchanting. Proud to say I made over 60M at a single time on F2P with those methods before I got members.

In all honesty, it is much easier to make money on members.. the money practically flows into your bank.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

If you have the necessary skill level, you can craft airs. At lvl 33 or so, you break even if you run the airs yourself. At lvl 44-65 you can make a decent profit (for f2p) crafting airs.

At lvl 66 and above (Maybe lv 77, I'm not sure) you can craft airs in world 16 and get great rc exp and a bit of profit.

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.