Richest Person in RS?

Robot919

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow.. thats the first person to ever rl trade that i actually have respect for

you did it for a good reason and not just the money.

You're joking, right?

"My sister is sick and needs an operation or she'll die and my father just got laid off" = an understandable reason why someone might decide to do RL trading of RS gold.

"Uh, I started college and I'm too lazy to make a few bucks to pay my expenses the honest way" = NOT a good reason to decide to do RL trading.

~q

You're so naive if you think college is in anyway that easy to pay for, I know of people who pay off their student loans and such until they're in their late 30's or later. Think before you post, saying paying for college is that easy.

I never said college was easy to pay for. You are replying to something you imagined, not what was there.

There are probably over 50,000 college students on RS who also have to pay for tuition and expenses. What would happen if all of them decided to do the same thing?

salim123 said that he sold his RS gold "for a good reason and not just the money". Well, that's wrong. He did it just for the money.

And by the way, all of this IS germaine to the topic at hand... this whole preoccupation that people have with "who is rich". It's a warped way of looking at what is supposed to be a game.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

i go to schol it is 32k a year now someone tell me what part time job i could be working to make that kind of money? anyone on here who says they would leave college with 120k in debt over selling pixels on a game that, u will eventualy leave or it will get sold off and completley screwed up, are either little kids who don't understand how much 120k is in real life or are just flat out liars.

Trust me jagex doesn't care about you or the game they care about real life money the same money duke fredom was makeing and the only reason they banned him is it may cost them money, or they weren't getting a cut. The real world revolves around the all mighty dolar not a bunch of pixels, and some of you need to grow up and realise this.

Yeah, if i ever needed the money my rs pixels are gone, I dont give a damn about jagex tos, its not against the law regardless.

See, the names of rich people aren't affecting me, I'm just sitting here in shock that Duke god banned.

Who wasn't when it happened? :lol:

As for my best bank picture:

duke0ic.png

Theoretical estimated value of around ~32.5bil these days.

3 hit u is just a sad faker noob.

3 hit you's bank is fake dumb shts

Agreed.

Duke is the richest this thread is ended :D

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

You're joking, right?

"My sister is sick and needs an operation or she'll die and my father just got laid off" = an understandable reason why someone might decide to do RL trading of RS gold.

"Uh, I started college and I'm too lazy to make a few bucks to pay my expenses the honest way" = NOT a good reason to decide to do RL trading.

~q

You're so naive if you think college is in anyway that easy to pay for, I know of people who pay off their student loans and such until they're in their late 30's or later. Think before you post, saying paying for college is that easy.

I never said college was easy to pay for. You are replying to something you imagined, not what was there.

There are probably over 50,000 college students on RS who also have to pay for tuition and expenses. What would happen if all of them decided to do the same thing?

salim123 said that he sold his RS gold "for a good reason and not just the money". Well, that's wrong. He did it just for the money.

And by the way, all of this IS germaine to the topic at hand... this whole preoccupation that people have with "who is rich". It's a warped way of looking at what is supposed to be a game.

~q

ummm, no I don't think i was imagining things that were obviously there. College seems like a good reason to me, I have no fault against anyone who cares more about their education than a game that will eventually end. "He did it just for the money." yeah for money to pay for college, what else are you going to sell rs money for? chickens? i don't think so.

HipHop.png

TheDark or Kevinnv on other forums.

[hide=quotessss]

You're joking, right?

~q

~q

ummm, no I don't think i was imagining things that were obviously there. College seems like a good reason to me, I have no fault against anyone who cares more about their education than a game that will eventually end. "He did it just for the money." yeah for money to pay for college, what else are you going to sell rs money for? chickens? i don't think so.

[/hide]

I agree, i mean there are probably more than thousands of people who sell rl gold, and i really dont care about this rule and dont look down to people who do it, but id rather see it going to some use, and in this case college which is a pretty important part of life.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

You're joking, right?

~q

~q

we need our alcohol money <3:

if someone started to lose interest in the game and didn't really have much time to play anymore, it's not a shock that they would sell their stuff

i go to school full time and work part-time. i don't really make enough to pay for college which is about $10,000 a year, rent and utilities $5,000 a year, food and living expenses/ gas about $5,000 a year. I can tell you that working 25 hours a week is not getting me $20k a year :XD:

is it really that hard to see someone get tempted?

many people have over 1 bil and $4k irl doesn't seem too bad when you're mother isn't pampering your bottom and cleaning your messes(living at home :-# )

say the richest person has about 20 bil+ worth

if he chose to try to sell it all before he got banned, at $4 ea that's 80k irl. I'd rather have a nice new car than brag to my online friends about being able to buy all 99's and a few paper hats. i mean i'd rather have a shiny corvette than online respect :roll:

but i really don't have anything against someone who sells for irl cash, it's their choice and they have their own business to take care of.

What?

m_theory11.png

Um... whats the good reason? And the only reason seems to be the money...

well the fact that he could do it, and admit he did it and why

i feel deserves respect

i know alot of people are gonna flame me on this

but i hang with what i said

im not sayin its right to do it, its scamming people out of their money

but he admit it and he had a viable reason why

To be honest i agree with you salim he admitted to it and it seems like he was puting the money to a better life :thumbsup:

O and to the guys post above me everything you said was true(imo)

freakyyq8.png

lucky barrower-dh legs,veracs skirt,karil skirt, karils top (x3), dh pl8,karils coif,half key(x2), x-bow, ahrims robetop

goodbye Piman1053 Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:05 pm

326death326 is banned~~~EVERYONE ADD MY NEW MAIN "Y0uknowwho" (first o is a zero)

You people just don't get it.

By deciding to sell RS gold for real money, he betrayed people who believed in him to behave with integrity. Same with others who do it.

Now, if you think it's okay to do that because having RL money is more important, that's your choice. But don't expect those who believe in following the rules to think there is anything admirable about it.

And by the way, there is ALWAYS a way to justify the need for money. It's still wrong.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

[hide=Off-Topic Discussion!]

You're joking, right?

~q

~q

we need our alcohol money <3:

if someone started to lose interest in the game and didn't really have much time to play anymore, it's not a shock that they would sell their stuff

i go to school full time and work part-time. i don't really make enough to pay for college which is about $10,000 a year, rent and utilities $5,000 a year, food and living expenses/ gas about $5,000 a year. I can tell you that working 25 hours a week is not getting me $20k a year :XD:

is it really that hard to see someone get tempted?

many people have over 1 bil and $4k irl doesn't seem too bad when you're mother isn't pampering your bottom and cleaning your messes(living at home :-# )

say the richest person has about 20 bil+ worth

if he chose to try to sell it all before he got banned, at $4 ea that's 80k irl. I'd rather have a nice new car than brag to my online friends about being able to buy all 99's and a few paper hats. i mean i'd rather have a shiny corvette than online respect :roll:

but i really don't have anything against someone who sells for irl cash, it's their choice and they have their own business to take care of.

[/hide]

Why don't someone of all you that have a Discussion about Real Life Trading make a topic about it...

(I'm not saying it's a bad discussion, it's just in the wrong place).

On-Topic:

You can't know for sure who the richest person is since you haven't seen

everyones bank, Fredmcgarry might be really rich or a person from

RSC that collected Party Hats in RSC for fun might be the richest, you'll

never know for sure.

Of all the banks I've seen, Duke Freedom had the richest one.

By deciding to sell RS gold for real money, he betrayed people who believed in him to behave with integrity. Same with others who do it.

Now, if you think it's okay to do that because having RL money is more important, that's your choice. But don't expect those who believe in following the rules to think there is anything admirable about it.

And by the way, there is ALWAYS a way to justify the need for money. It's still wrong.

~q

No, i dont think you get it.

Real life is more important than the rules to an online game.

Yes, there is always a way to justify the need for money, he found his.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Tons of irl money, or tons of pixel money in a crappy game? Oh my, the choice is SO difficult. And god, stop taking yourself so seriously with your "integrity" talk, this is a GAME.

Are you sure you don't have an obssessive-compulsive personality disorder?

Or, you probably have some issues with Cognitive distortion, probably no 8.

In all cases qeltar, you most likely got some sort of problem going on, try to see a therapist. And I'm saying that honestly, not just to piss you off or something like that -.-

2480+ total

You're joking, right?

~q

~q

im just saying better to pay for education with it then to go gambling something stupid with it

im not saying its right at all

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

~q

Yes he did break the rules but if you had 1b+ cash you were in college and you were short on real life$ what do you think would be an easy cash flow?

freakyyq8.png

lucky barrower-dh legs,veracs skirt,karil skirt, karils top (x3), dh pl8,karils coif,half key(x2), x-bow, ahrims robetop

goodbye Piman1053 Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:05 pm

326death326 is banned~~~EVERYONE ADD MY NEW MAIN "Y0uknowwho" (first o is a zero)

I agree with reapme 100%. I mean..why wouldnt you sell your stuff irl if you quit and arent going to play anymore? It's just going to sit there and never be used again. Especially if your someone to quit with 20bil+, thats a huge waste to just leave it in the bank. And like he said..id much rather have $80k and get a nice car and do whatever else i want, than brag about pixels. Just my opinion though.. :-w

rssiggeh1gw7.jpg

We aren't here to facilitate topics on how to get drunk without side-effects.

^^Haha^^

~q

ironicly you go by"q" which is funny because have you ever seen the movie john q? i suggest you go watch it and tell me that there still is no reason to justify breaking some rules sometimes.

Flash130.png

Am I the only one who remembers when Bluerose traded her services for party hats and other rares because she was collecting them? I'm pretty sure she has tons unless she dropped them later (for bank space).

She isn't that rich anymore, according to herself. :P When she came back in RS2 she sold several of her crackers... I was one of the buyers - although it somewhat disturbed me she only wanted to sell them for masses of materials, like she did with her runite items back in the days. ;)

r2pleasent was rich at the time, but he was not among the richest yet.

As 3 hit u said, there are several other people around noone really knows their wealth of and / or who simply don't get out in the public. There might be some guy with 4,000 santas who got them pretty much all around the time they were dropped for extremely cheap prices (which would represent a market value of ~88bil nowadays), although I never saw actual proof of it and thus remain to put question marks with the claim.

And there is at least one other active merchant (although I think she's not active anymore) who is certainly up there in richness, yet noone knows how much she might really have.

And then there is always the possibility of relatively unknown rich stakers as well.

Am I the only one who remembers when Bluerose traded her services for party hats and other rares because she was collecting them? I'm pretty sure she has tons unless she dropped them later (for bank space).

She isn't that rich anymore, according to herself. :P When she came back in RS2 she sold several of her crackers... I was one of the buyers - although it somewhat disturbed me she only wanted to sell them for masses of materials, like she did with her runite items back in the days. ;)

r2pleasent was rich at the time, but he was not among the richest yet.

As 3 hit u said, there are several other people around noone really knows their wealth of and / or who simply don't get out in the public. There might be some guy with 4,000 santas who got them pretty much all around the time they were dropped for extremely cheap prices (which would represent a market value of ~88bil nowadays), although I never saw actual proof of it and thus remain to put question marks with the claim.

And there is at least one other active merchant (although I think she's not active anymore) who is certainly up there in richness, yet noone knows how much she might really have.

And then there is always the possibility of relatively unknown rich stakers as well.

I dont know if you remember arch wonder, but his main was The--Wonder in rs classic, and his rune miner (in the first 50) was Robbinwood (acc now belongs to his brother in law).

He spent all of his mining money on party hats (he had musashi22 make him 668 rune 2 handers or something then sold them).

And he still has them to this day, most he has shown me is 27 sets on one of his acc's but i know he has at least 3 hats on his current main and a bunch of small rares on his pures.

Kierac used to merchant a lot with a girl, wonder if we are thinking of the same one :oops:

I dont know if you remember arch wonder, but his main was The--Wonder in rs classic, and his rune miner (in the first 50) was Robbinwood (acc now belongs to his brother in law).

He spent all of his mining money on party hats (he had musashi22 make him 668 rune 2 handers or something then sold them).

And he still has them to this day, most he has shown me is 27 sets on one of his acc's but i know he has at least 3 hats on his current main and a bunch of small rares on his pures.

Kierac used to merchant a lot with a girl, wonder if we are thinking of the same one :oops:

Don't forget I wasn't around till later in the game... When I started, most rune items were only worth about 100K-200K anymore, soon to diminish to near their high alch values - so I don't know much about most of those people. ;)

Anyway most people who have much more then those of which it is publically known usually have it from way back in the days when they were still relatively cheap.

The person I ment is Manjagirl - she had been around in varrock world 1 / fally world 2 for ages as well.

Don't forget I wasn't around till later in the game... When I started, most rune items were only worth about 100K-200K anymore, soon to diminish to near their high alch values - so I don't know much about most of those people. ;)

Anyway most people who have much more then those of which it is publically known usually have it from way back in the days when they were still relatively cheap.

The person I ment is Manjagirl - she had been around in varrock world 1 / fally world 2 for ages as well.

Yep kierac and manja merched together.