Halo Discussion thread

foxbat9

No, Bungie only thinks of this: Level one (you aren't banned)-Level two (You got the Banhammer).

Just do what I said a few posts ago, say if you were hacking you'd already be at a 50.

That might reveal malicious intent, though. I know I'd do something about that.

And yea, my dad plays. Sometimes. Shotguns are handy, but when they all come down at once, it can't save you. I liked to hide behing the SWAT shield at the entrance and pick them off with the battle rifle. That took care of all but the hammer guy, who for some reason I often could not outrun.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

A detailed summary of the contents is required to ensure you have not just [bleep]ed yourself into a hole and to ensure a hearty chuckle at the noob's downfall.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

I don't think I have a sentbox on the 360, do I?

He messaged me back, pretty much apologizing, saying that he understands that he didn't know what happened during that match, and that he's going to drop it. So, I'm pretty sure it's all good.

speaking of swords, i was playing with rushrock today in rumble pit. man, i was shamed.

And I was not. :D

Lenin's method is the best for instant wins in a Sword match: Bumper Jumper. That, and all the jumping and stealth tricks that you learn. MVP on our Swords game, with two killing sprees, I believe. I almost got a killing frenzy, I think.

Shadow, I always thought it was the top 3. But don't take my word for it.

Bumper Jumper wrecks in any playlist. Either that or playing claw.

Seriously, countless times I've 4-5-6 shot someone (its XBL, give me a break) then their friend comes in and im a 2 shot, you hit 2 body shots and youre a one shot, just jump back and ghandi hop (keep hitting crouch in the air) and aim the reticule at bottom of the head to guarantee that when you land you'll hit the last headshot. Without bumper jumper you have to re calibrate the crosshair after you hit A to jump. With bumper jumper you can just keep on firing.

If you want to get a 50 without buying it then I would recommend just playing Team Slayer. Lone Wolves is full of random games that are usually AR starts (and the AR takes no skill). Doubles is full of people with new GTs trying to get a 50, and they're usually like legit 47s. So just try and find about 10+ people who CALLOUT (most important thing in the entire game), have a decent BR, and ALWAYS VETO AR STARTS EVEN IF ITS ON A GOOD MAP. The BR is your key to victory. The MLG playlist egh, up to like level 45 its full of people who are host-booting or standbying, and after that the standard of play is much higher than every other playlist, by far.

Hey.

what is bumper jumper you all are talking about?

i got to 40 just playing normally lol, do you guys actually using these tactics others made up? maybe i should try it.

i wish i had played halo 2 on xbl. i would have been way better at halo 3, but h3 was my first.

edit: to what truenoob said about team doubles, i dont think its a majority of people with new gt's that have high level accounts. my friend and i always go to team doubles just to mess around and play half-[wagon], and we usually win. maybe a small percentage are new gt's.

Bumper jumpers is a control scheme where A and B are moved to the right and left buttons.

I just had some of the worst rocket race matches ever. The first one, the match didn't load. None of the destination appeared, so I soent 10 minutes with a bunch of [wagon] shooting rockets at me and attempting assassination whenever I tried to move the mongoose through the mancannon (this was on Valhalla). Then my partner quit twice, and then he was just a complete idiot who kept driving into the wall and eventually just got out and left.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

Bumper jumpers is a control scheme where A and B are moved to the right and left buttons.

I just had some of the worst rocket race matches ever. The first one, the match didn't load. None of the destination appeared, so I soent 10 minutes with a bunch of [wagon] shooting rockets at me and attempting assassination whenever I tried to move the mongoose through the mancannon (this was on Valhalla). Then my partner quit twice, and then he was just a complete idiot who kept driving into the wall and eventually just got out and left.

Lolz, Play Rocket race with someone that you actually know... I play with a big party sometimes :P

my friend has boosted his way from captain grade 3 to force colonel (colonel grade 4) in...get this- 2-3 weeks.

he used double xp and went from ~300 xp and highest skill 29 to ~2500 xp and highest skill 40. wow lol.

my friend has boosted his way from captain grade 3 to force colonel (colonel grade 4) in...get this- 2-3 weeks.

he used double xp and went from ~300 xp and highest skill 29 to ~2500 xp and highest skill 40. wow lol.

Well, now only if I could do that :roll:

i didnt do it with him, if thats what you're implying lol

No, I'm implying that I'm a Captain Grade 3 with 300+ exp, and highest skill 25 out of 600 Ranked games. Note to everyone, Play team slayer WITH a group of friends. My team always sucked.

And if you want to be a loner, PLAY LONE WOLVES.. I went to a 20 in a couple of hours from a 1

And if you want to be a loner, PLAY LONE WOLVES.. I went to a 20 in a couple of hours from a 1

No kidding. By Sergeant, I was already at 26.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

Just realized that I'll skip Major Grade 2 completely and go straight to Commander. :twss:

I thought a technique for easier skill, that actually may or may not work. Afer each match, if there's anyone who dominated or something, make them an avoided player, and anyone who really sucked a preferred player. Eventually, you should get matches with more of the guys who you fared very well against and come out in the higher places. No guarantee it'll work, though.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

Just realized that I'll skip Major Grade 2 completely and go straight to Commander. :twss:

I thought a technique for easier skill, that actually may or may not work. Afer each match, if there's anyone who dominated or something, make them an avoided player, and anyone who really sucked a preferred player. Eventually, you should get matches with more of the guys who you fared very well against and come out in the higher places. No guarantee it'll work, though.

haha, cheater... *Files complaint on cheating*

Oh, and STOP RUBBING IT IN :cry: I want to get to Commander

that strategy might work for you lenin, but its pretty bad for the player you avoided. becoming an avoided player lowers your rep and makes bungie less likely to reward you or choose you for any sort of contest in the future. seems pretty unfair for a player who was just playing the game well.

that strategy might work for you lenin, but its pretty bad for the player you avoided. becoming an avoided player lowers your rep and makes bungie less likely to reward you or choose you for any sort of contest in the future. seems pretty unfair for a player who was just playing the game well.

Skill reports (marking them as too good or too bad) have no effect on rep. I learned this when I avoided the guy that kept driving into the wall. And I'm not using it, it's just something I thought up in the shower today :lol:

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

oh yeah, i forgot about the skill part of the report. yeah that idea would be okay.

but when ive had trouble being paired up with the same person in lone wolves, i use a much easier method. when you game finishes, instead of starting another game immediately wait about a minute and then start it. most people will start another one very soon after the previous match ends, so you will be less likely to be paired up with them.