Wasting my time helping tip it

Daveyboyz

No one likes to waste their time do they? Well in the case if trying to help tip-it discover what drops from godwars bosses I certainly did waste my time.

Specifically I listed drops from General Kilyana and also Kree. I was quite thorough as I have killed both of these bosses around 400 times and kept a log of the drops.

If you look on the beastiary I am not credited on either and both are missing many many drops.

Who hasn't had a Rune Kite or rune skirt from Kilyana? Yet it lists only addy plate as a drop, and it says herb seed (2), it only drops rannar seeds. THe list goes on and on, I dont understand why these are so innaccurate considering that you have been provided the information.

Come on Tip-it why ask for the information if you arent going to use it or credit me for it?

The tip.it crew is usually very busy with other stuff, you can try posting your logs in the website updates and corrections forum to maybe arise more attention from the crew.

Many other people are also killing the amadyl GWD boss as well, they might have notify tip.it of a specific drop before you, in this case, that particular person would get the credit for being first.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

your not wasting time if your trying to help tip.it but you are wasting time if your doing this just to get credited on a monster page.

+1, if you only want to do it to get your name posted in the beastiary, then you should leave.

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

your not wasting time if your trying to help tip.it but you are wasting time if your doing this just to get credited on a monster page.

+1, if you only want to do it to get your name posted in the beastiary, then you should leave.

If he takes the time to do 800 boss kills, logs them and uploads the results, all for tip it, damn right he should get credited...

The issue is not so much that I wasnt credited its that the bestiary entries are so wildly innaccurate at the moment.

I checked them about 10 days after the release and there was a link "submit additional information here. Well I had already given most of the information needed, but resubmitted it anyway.

I then check the bestiary at the time that I post this and I see the beastiary has been updates and is quite frankly innaccurate. Having given the information twice I see no reason for it.

THats why I posted this, I thought maybe it would draw attention to the issue...

Apart from the 'crediting' issue you have a point. It seems that there are some serious delays in updating the bestiary.

I just checked on sara spiritual mages. I've submitted corrections around 4-5 weeks ago, but nothing is changed yet. Probably other priorities..

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

The bestiary has been going a little slow. It is the area of the site that has the most submissions submitted to it. Most of the times (as in 9 times out of 10), submissions we get are either repeat submissions, spamful submissions, or the person copied the entire drop list into their submission, made 1 correction, and expected us to find that drop out of the entire list.

If you posted your submission in the forum topic, that topic was recently moved to a private board for the bestiary crew for us to go through and make updates as needed.

Also, it is very possible that sometimes, we get such a back log that when you send in a submission, someone else submitted it before you and therefore they will get the credit as the first submitter.

And not to be rude to anyone, but if the only reason you're helping the site is to be credited, then you might want to reconsider your motives a tad. All of us who are on the crew didn't become crew because we wanted to see our name all over the site and wanted the glory of being on "one of the top fansites for Runescape." We did it because we want to help other people in Runescape, and becoming crew is the best way to do this.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

No one likes to waste their time do they? Well in the case if trying to help tip-it discover what drops from godwars bosses I certainly did waste my time.

Specifically I listed drops from General Kilyana and also Kree. I was quite thorough as I have killed both of these bosses around 400 times and kept a log of the drops.

If you look on the beastiary I am not credited on either and both are missing many many drops.

Who hasn't had a Rune Kite or rune skirt from Kilyana? Yet it lists only addy plate as a drop, and it says herb seed (2), it only drops rannar seeds. THe list goes on and on, I dont understand why these are so innaccurate considering that you have been provided the information.

Come on Tip-it why ask for the information if you arent going to use it or credit me for it?

The databases are not updated every second someone sends in a report. First it needs to be verified. Having said that, if someone has suggested it before you chances are its already going to be ready in an update before they get to your information/email.

Be patient. Just be satisfied knowing you are helping build a great database :)

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

All of us who are on the crew didn't become crew because we wanted to see our name all over the site and wanted the glory of being on "one of the top fansites for Runescape." We did it because we want to help other people in Runescape, and becoming crew is the best way to do this.

Then how come all tip.it crew have that delightful little avatar? I can understand the need for admins to have such avatars but crewbies? Make no mistake I have a lot of respect for some crewbies I know fairly well but it seems a little incongruous.

Go on, take it out of your avatar, I dare you :wink: .

All of us who are on the crew didn't become crew because we wanted to see our name all over the site and wanted the glory of being on "one of the top fansites for Runescape." We did it because we want to help other people in Runescape, and becoming crew is the best way to do this.

Then how come all tip.it crew have that delightful little avatar? I can understand the need for admins to have such avatars but crewbies? Make no mistake I have a lot of respect for some crewbies I know fairly well but it seems a little incongruous.

You can't remove it by yourself, Crewbies automatically receive it and get it attached, you can only change your own avatar.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

You can't remove it by yourself, Crewbies automatically receive it and get it attached, you can only change your own avatar.

Isn' t that dictatorship?

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Isn' t that dictatorship?

If it's a automated system, whom do you salute?

p2gq.jpg

You want people going around here saying "Give me your password, I'm Tip.It Crew. I just have my crew avatar turned off" ?

Either way, I cannot voluntarily turn it off. And just because I have it doesn't indicate that I fall into the category that I've placed you in. It means that I am crew, and the avatar holds no meaning to it as to the reason of why I am.

Again, all the avatar shows is that I am crew; not a desire to have my name appear all over the site.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Your wasting your time playing runescape, but your not complaining about it. :-w

ssuserbariiwv9.png
If I wanted to hit numbers I would hit my calculator.

Edit: Please only post in English, ~assassin

:thumbsup:

One does not worry about him that you are not obtaining excessive angered nothing. Hardly it is secretly happy that you did it. :thumbsup:

rmadrid.jpg

Inglesespana

Gracias baThanks babelfish translation belfish traducciÃÆÃâÃâón

Just to repeat what others said,

If you just wanted to contribute to see your name on the list thingy then you're doing it out of a bad mind.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Oh please, stupidest excuse for a rant ever.

"MOM!!! This guy/girl on a gaming-fan website didn't use my nameeee."

Dear God. What the world is coming to nowadays. :shame:

This is the stupidest, most juvenile post I've read in awhile. Gtfo...

Oh, and dont call other players "noobs" in your sig when your level 92 combat either. :roll:

=mtw=

i smoke and i drink

does that make me mature

Not mature, it just makes you cool.

.::RollinOn XTC::.

Total::1953

Combat::131.1/123.1

dont take it personal... im old-school-as-f**k

Sorry to hear that. But does it matter if your credited you still know you did it and gives u inner pride :lol: :wink:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

The poster of this thread should jump off the grand canyon, simply because he wanted to see his name on a website, not to help. He wanted to be credited. But if this was all he wanted, he deserves not to be credited.

G'day.

Pretty much done with rs now

You want people going around here saying "Give me your password, I'm Tip.It Crew. I just have my crew avatar turned off" ?

Either way, I cannot voluntarily turn it off. And just because I have it doesn't indicate that I fall into the category that I've placed you in. It means that I am crew, and the avatar holds no meaning to it as to the reason of why I am.

Again, all the avatar shows is that I am crew; not a desire to have my name appear all over the site.

Why not reset baron8000's postcount :wink: