amoeba_009

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kitty2am5.jpg

kittyys0.jpg

My kitty, when we first got her. <3:

I would always keep your cat inside. A cat that is always kept inside is expected to live almost twice as long as a cat that goes outside on a regular basis.

aaaaaaaahwhat a lovely lil` kitty! shes so cute,she looks like she can kill with a smile <3:<3:<3: whats here name?

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Her name is Phantom. <3:

My dad told us that a stay cat had babies under the air handler at his work, so we brought her home. She was so young we had to feed her using a bottle for a few weeks, which was insanely cute. :XD:

signature61kg9.gif

Xbox 360>Wii>PS3

After he gets older he WILL try to go outside and eat grass. Then he may get fleas. Mine does that and my mom praises about fleas, but it's yet to happen. Grass also makes her throw up. :anxious:
ya mean hairballs? any way we have a cat of 17 years old and its still alive. but he cant pee anymore the normal way...........

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Well, if those arent the blue'st eyes ive ever seen. <3: Lovley cat.

Thanks! ::'

After he gets older he WILL try to go outside and eat grass. Then he may get fleas. Mine does that and my mom praises about fleas, but it's yet to happen. Grass also makes her throw up. :anxious:

Yeah, my other cat kept bugging us to go outside so we finally let her go outside during the day, and sleep inside at night. After a few months she kept catching flees and spitting up, so we decided to keep her inside. Later we found out all the pesticides that are put in the grass. So her favorite treat, could have killed her.

Maybe we should get a Chia Plant and let her munch on that.

Cha-Cha-Cha-Chia! :thumbsup:

I want a new cat, mine died 2 days ago.

Sorry to hear that. :cry:

signature61kg9.gif

Xbox 360>Wii>PS3

I want a new cat, mine died 2 days ago. I have two dogs but you can't really compare the two, they are so different.

Oh man. :( Im sorry about your loss. I remember when my first dog died, he came to all of us sitting in the living room watching the tv and licked us, as if he was saying bye. Then he just went to my room and passed away. :( Every time i hear the sing Killing me softly, if brings back memorys of the time. :( Yes sappy sappy. But its the truth. He was an awsome dog though, ill try and find a pic. \'

This is a lovely thread; I've been a cat lover all my life and currently have six of them. 5 of them live outside and prefer that, but we regularly update their vaccinations and keep flea stuff on them. We don't put pesticides on the grass and it's okay if they eat that. We have another fat, yellow, tailless, spoiled-rotten 2 year old male who prefers to live inside, but goes outside for periodic adventures. His name is "Butter". I've always preferred males to females because they just seem to be a bit more mellow, whether spayed, neutered or not.

You can bottle-feed as several of the posters here have mentioned and Silver Wits was particularly on point regarding the variety of their food and not feeding them high-calorie food all the time. The best cat I ever had was a Russian Blue, named "Trotsky" who lived to be 17 years old. He was crazy about cucumbers and green olives. Go figure. You can also buy a product at a pet store, that is a little bowl with seedlings in it. Here in the States, it's called "Kitty's Salad Bowl." You put the seedlings in the bowl, puncture holes in the lid, kind of like a greenhouse thingy, and put the lid on top of the bowl. Keep it watered, and in 7-10 days you will have a patch of rye grass for your indoor pal.

By the way, cats come house-trained for the most part. Their mothers teach them to use the potty away from the nest, so the ideas about showing your new kitty the litter box are good as well.

Good luck and I'll post some pics of our spoiled "Butter" ! :D

gaaallllgh5.jpg

Check the fur when you buy your little kitten. Certain cats have types of fur that shed constantly, meaning they lose fur constantly. Other types of cats have fur that don't shed so often, and that means less fur on your furniture and floor, it's a big plus when having a cat.

If you want a pure race cat, shop for a good breeder, a lot of pure race breeders treat their cats very badly and their cats have consanguinity problems. Ask for friends, family, people at work, someone will most likely know a good breeder.

If you want a pure race cat, look for info on the character of that particular type of cats. Some of them are tricky, others can be very friendly, like dogs.

Shiny fur is a good sign it is healthy. If when you pass your hand in the little kitty's fur, you end up with a hand full of dead fur, it's a bad sign.

Ask the breeder if the kitten got to stay with their mother when they were born. If they weren't, and were ripped away from their money, they will get emotional problems. But, don't expect the breeder to say the truth.

And do a search about google for info about choose a good cat...

2480+ total

5 of them live outside and prefer that, but we regularly update their vaccinations and keep flea stuff on them. We don't put pesticides on the grass and it's okay if they eat that.

Glad to hear all the steps you take to make sure that they are healthy. :)

I'll post some pics of our spoiled "Butter" ! :D

Caaaaan't wait! \:D/<3:

signature61kg9.gif

Xbox 360>Wii>PS3

1. For the love of god make it an indoor cat. Cats get killed and have a LOT shorter lifespan outside.

2. Don't leave chocolate, candy or anything of the sort out in the open unless you want a dead kitty.

3. Don't declaw, as stated before, do you want someone ripping your fingernails out when you're out cold.

4. Spay/neuter if you don't want them driving you insane

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

Im looking forward to those pics. :D Here are a few i got yesterday. I went to visit the kittens with Chris ( my friend) hes the one whos giveing me the cat.

0710071537ia6.jpg

He hasta have a bumseks on me. XD Can you say LOLcat much?

0710071514xi7.jpg

This, is going to be my kitten next monday. :)

0710071538pw8.jpg

Mine again playing with a sword. Dont worry, it was only plastic. :D

0710071646ar4.jpg

Sound asleep before we left. :) \:D/

Whoa, too cute. Don't know if I can top that, but here are some pics of Butter, with his sister, Oreo. I guess we were hungry when they were born, that's why the have food-type names:

aVERGwS.jpg

aVERQvr.jpg

They are precious; tons of fun, about 2 years old.

:)

gaaallllgh5.jpg

Hee, I think we were hungry when they were born. Oreo tangled with a dog in May and she is now tailless, as well. Butter was born with no tail. Sorry, I don't have any pics of Oreo sans tail. When we take some, I'll post them.

gaaallllgh5.jpg

Wow. That cat (Oreo) has the same exact name as my old cat, the one that died about six months ago, and looks exactly the same. :o

I mean, I guess it's a fairly common cat-coloration and the name probably isn't too rare either, but I still was shocked into posting when I saw that. It was like seeing good old Oreo again. God, I miss that cat. :(

Very cute btw. Looking forward to more pics!

sig2.jpg

Flametrooper, sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Oreo :(

I had a Russian Blue that I got when he was three weeks old and he died over 5 years ago at the age of 17. I still think about him every day; he was undoubtedly the best cat I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, so I understand what you're going through and to this day, whenever I see a Russian Blue, I feel sad.

Anyway, on to happier topics; here are some more pics of Butter and Oreo:

aV14yzIr.jpg

aV14zJ2A.jpg

... and this is to prove that Butter knows how to do something besides lie on his side: :lol:

aV14w4zr.jpg

Amoeba_009, Leonardo da Vinci once said, "The smallest of the felines is a Masterpiece!" This is just a random pic of some kittens I found on one of the trillions of cat websites that are on the internet, but they're very cute!

aV14wKYS.jpg

-- Mary

gaaallllgh5.jpg

Don't care much for cats, I don't like being ignored by my pets. If I wanted something that won't come when it's called, i'll get another siberian husky. But, I do know a guy who goes camping and leaves his cat in the house. His cat hates it when he does this because it dosen't like being left alone (more of a being ignored thing than actualy minding being alone). Anyways, the cat used to pee on his camping gear if he didn't put it away rigth away. So I guess he got really fed up with this, and last time she did it, he used the cats to mop up the piss :o . Anyways after licking herself clean the cat decided peeing on camping gear was not the best way to get back at the guy. Thats more of a funny story than usefull, but I guess if you cat pees on something, roll him/her around in it and see if he still wants to pee on that thing. Cats are smart, I think most of them would figure it out after the first time, if not you cat can become walkign furry paper towel.