Ghosts

Skully

The video is a guy walking around in a sheet, it's a joke.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( spoiled the joke now

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I've experienced my share of wierd things, so i dismiss almost nothing. Most of all:

Regardless of what you believe, just dismissing it isn't fun :P.

Sure it's a possibility that only the terrain charted by science is true. I can imagine a multitude of far more exciting theories though. Some of them more, some less convincing. Scientific world view is just another theory to me.

I don't really like ghosts to much. They are too creepy. I prefer elementals and such. On second thought there could be pretty creepy elementals to.

Well anyway.. some experiences i had just won't fit together with traditional scientific views very well (and too me it seems the world view of many still is deeply rooted in Newtons theories.) and some believes i have just clash with the fundamentals of science (namely objectivity, reproducibility.. although i wonder how those can hold their ground facing quantum physics.. and evidence. I guess scientific theory as a whole isn't compatible with my believes).

All in all ghost aren't exactly my cup of tea, but i guess if you want to encounter them, you will encounter them. (I don't.)

i cant decide if i believe in em or not itll be awhile till i make up my mind :wall:

452436.jpg

In the time of peace prepare for war-General Patton

Dsk805 lvl 139 6* mage

Blink182lover lvl 100 7* mage

Founder and Current clan leader of: PunkRock Lovers(rank#4)

i cant decide if i believe in em or not itll be awhile till i make up my mind :wall:

I was a complete skeptic until that babysitter video brought light to shed on the problem. I mean..wow..who wouldn't believe that?

rssiggeh1gw7.jpg

We aren't here to facilitate topics on how to get drunk without side-effects.

^^Haha^^

I was a complete skeptic until that babysitter video brought light to shed on the problem. I mean..wow..who wouldn't believe that?

Ok, can we shut up about the video? You guys all fail at sarcasm, and the humour was lost after the very first post. It's not funny, and it's all spam.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Ok, can we shut up about the video? You guys all fail at sarcasm, and the humour was lost after the very first post. It's not funny, and it's all spam.

Oh I'm sorry, are you a part of the tip.it events team that decides whats funny or not? And so this post doesn't get labeled as spam..

ON TOPIC: Hell no I don't believe in ghosts. -.-

rssiggeh1gw7.jpg

We aren't here to facilitate topics on how to get drunk without side-effects.

^^Haha^^

I believe in ghosts myself.

Well basically during the summer it was about 80 degrees in the house(air was broke) and it was about 2am when i got this chill down my spine it was sudden and quick. Realy scraed me >.<

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

For those interested:

http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/

Before someone makes a wise-guy comment about all the religious references to prayers on this site, David Julianos states "I don't really know if prayers work or not, but here's the deal: they don't hurt. The worst thing that could happen is the loss of 20 seconds of your time."

Anyways, since Assassin brought up the haunting of family photos:

[hide]

img001.jpg

Personal favorite

story1a.jpg

story1b.jpg

Eeks! If this was a fake, it was a good one. Julianos has the original picture.

allofus.jpg

The guy in the rear left was never there

allofus-crop2.jpg

As you can see, he is translucent.

ghostboy.jpg

The little girl in the center, there's a boy behind her that shouldn't be

everybody1.jpg

See the mirror in the left? Woman was not there (pictures of mirrors seem to be the best way to catch an apparition)

cheshire-thelady.jpg

To the right of the left suit of armor.

figure_in_mirror2.jpg

Man and child in photo are child and his stepdad. The image of the mirror is claimed to be the deceased father of the child.

[/hide]

And I believe "orb" photos are just specs of dust.

well im scarred for life :ohnoes: :uhh:

Pleasure Beach at Blackpool.

Ghost Train there is haunted. Turned on one night on its own, they pulled the plug and everything and it was still going. Also people have felt things touch em and weird noises.

Same Place, shop there is haunted by children. Shop keepers put stuff on shelf and next morning everything was out of place.

Plus in Blackpool my Dad saw the ghost of his dead step-dad and won't go by that area.

Road on the way to Moffat is haunted by a dead postman. Hes just delivering his mail along that road. Said to happen mostly near the anniversary of his death. (further down from where he died, a woman survived the drop that killed him. Car is still down there somewhere.)

dude ive been on that ghost train with my best friend

boy my step dad tells me its haunted when i get off... -.-

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

For those interested:

http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/

Before someone makes a wise-guy comment about all the religious references to prayers on this site, David Julianos states "I don't really know if prayers work or not, but here's the deal: they don't hurt. The worst thing that could happen is the loss of 20 seconds of your time."

Anyways, since Assassin brought up the haunting of family photos:

[hide]

img001.jpg

Personal favorite

story1a.jpg

story1b.jpg

Eeks! If this was a fake, it was a good one. Julianos has the original picture.

>>>>>>> i used to go on this site! i remember it as a diffrent name and i remember this pciture and the church one<<<<

allofus.jpg

The guy in the rear left was never there

allofus-crop2.jpg

As you can see, he is translucent.

ghostboy.jpg

The little girl in the center, there's a boy behind her that shouldn't be

everybody1.jpg

See the mirror in the left? Woman was not there (pictures of mirrors seem to be the best way to catch an apparition)

cheshire-thelady.jpg

To the right of the left suit of armor.

figure_in_mirror2.jpg

Man and child in photo are child and his stepdad. The image of the mirror is claimed to be the deceased father of the child.

[/hide]

And I believe "orb" photos are just specs of dust.

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

A couple of the pictures Barihawk posted are most likely people just seeing things where there isn't anything. Humans are extremely good at spotting things like faces, so good they will often see them in inanimate objects, shadows, etc.. where there really isn't anything. Some of them though like the mirror ones would take a little more explaining.

"The only way to avoid packaging the water would be to deliver it to people's homes and places of business through some sort of amazingly intricate and complex series of reservoirs, pumping stations, pipes . . . hey, wait a second.."

THe only opinion on "ghosts" I have is that "ghosts COULD exist, but only because we have absolutely no clue what happens to your mind when you die. I don't mean your brain, I mean your consciousness, that part of you that is aware of everything, the part that lets you read this, that lets you understand it, consider, respond, argue, agree, the most important part of you. Basically, my theory on what happens when we die, is we just start another life, with no previous knowledge of our past life. The lives have no relation, except that you lived them. This is not religious, it's more scientific than anything, because we think because of interactions between cells, molecules, atoms and then those sub-atmoic particles, and sub-sub-atomic particles. Basically, every piece of proof of ghosts' existence has equal disproof and vice-versa.

So I will believe in ghosts when you can prove to me that they exist, but I am not skeptical about their existence in any way, they do not concern me.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Hey guys, not sure if this thread has been done before, but I wondered what is your stance on ghosts, and post all your stories/experiences about them here!

8-)

man i need to find my old post on that ghosts spirits and demons thread it ruled

Most convincing evidence yet!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QR22Ef5-84w

i thought it would be another photoshop manipulation, but this one realy looks real! :shock:

That video is the funnest thing i've seen in ages, i was expecting a really serious video and get that :lol:

But yeah I believe in ghosts, around 7 years ago when i was 10 i arrived home (i had my own key) let myself into an empty house.

As i placed my bag down next to the door i glimsed upstairs and saw someone walk across the landing into my parents bedroom, i ran up thinking someone was home, went into the room, completly empty..

Yes i did look through the room properly, isn't wasnt a bugular.. lol :-s

IGN: HesFearless.

-Jamie

Once the doorbell rang, my mum looked through the eye glass and saw this old man with a beard a pale skin (I saw too), then we opened the door and he was no where to be seen.

Later on my mums friend rang up and said that there was this old man with a beard a pale skin looking into her door.

Quite weird though, is it not?

~Hammy :)

A couple of the pictures Barihawk posted are most likely people just seeing things where there isn't anything. Humans are extremely good at spotting things like faces, so good they will often see them in inanimate objects, shadows, etc.. where there really isn't anything. Some of them though like the mirror ones would take a little more explaining.

That's really an interesting trait. I mean there really isn't too much similarity between this:

facepj1.png

and a human face.

People tend to see themselves, wherever they look.

cool sig btw, Savior.

y_anima"]
Pleasure Beach at Blackpool.

Ghost Train there is haunted. Turned on one night on its own, they pulled the plug and everything and it was still going. Also people have felt things touch em and weird noises.

Same Place, shop there is haunted by children. Shop keepers put stuff on shelf and next morning everything was out of place.

Plus in Blackpool my Dad saw the ghost of his dead step-dad and won't go by that area.

Road on the way to Moffat is haunted by a dead postman. Hes just delivering his mail along that road. Said to happen mostly near the anniversary of his death. (further down from where he died, a woman survived the drop that killed him. Car is still down there somewhere.)

dude ive been on that ghost train with my best friend

boy my step dad tells me its haunted when i get off... -.-

Dude, they have a warning posted.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I think that there is just too much evidence for them to not exist. Unless you believe that the human soul entirely ceases to exist upon death, it isn't too great a stretch of imagination.

Btw you should have to spend a night in a violently haunted house before you say you're certain they don't exist :lol:

I think that there is just too much evidence for them to not exist. Unless you believe that the human soul entirely ceases to exist upon death, it isn't too great a stretch of imagination.

Btw you should have to spend a night in a violently haunted house before you say you're certain they don't exist :lol:

+1

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

+1

Where is the evidence that they exist? :-/ And yes i've stayed in a "haunted" house. apart from the usual creaks and noises you get in ALL old properties i saw or heard nothing unusual.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12