Gender Dysphoria

The Dark Lord

My mom confronted me earlier this morning and forced me to show her my legs. When she saw that they were shaved, she became angry.

My parents are FORCING me to look like a male. They are destroying me.

My head feels like someone is squeezing it. I think I'm having an anxiety attack. It's horrible.

Just out of simple curiosity, what do they do to force you to look male? Not saying they can't, or that it sounds silly, I just want to know.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're trying to get my hair cut shorter, making me get rid of my long nails, making me grow hair on my arms and legs, etc.

Plus, they get mad at me when I act feminine. They treat me as if I'm something disgusting sometimes.

One day I said something to my dad, and my voice sounded feminine. He said "You're trying to sound like a girl, aren't you?" He kept pressuring me about it.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

They're trying to get my hair cut shorter, making me get rid of my long nails, making me grow hair on my arms and legs, etc.

Plus, they get mad at me when I act feminine. They treat me as if I'm something disgusting sometimes.

One day I said something to my dad, and my voice sounded feminine. He said "You're trying to sound like a girl, aren't you?" He kept pressuring me about it.

Honest question: Are you gay?

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

indeed. If you weren't, things would be a lot tougher if you transitioned, because on top of being a trannsexual, you would now be a lesbian. How long is your hair that they feel a need to cut it because it looks feminine?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

I like guys, but I am not sure I would call myself gay. I usually just tell people I'm bisexual if they ask me.

@Ray:

I'm going to be 16 in February. I don't believe leaving the house is an option for a couple more years.

SWAG

Sereph, why don't you just go and leave the house,if you're old enough... Ask a friend to stay at their place. ::'

What would that accomplish? His parents still wouldn;t accept him, it would only be a temporary solution, very temporary since they can get the police to search for you.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

Well, yeah, but Lenin, if Sereph was 18 it ( :P ) could leave without permission, yet it'd still be legal.

I like guys, but I am not sure I would call myself gay. I usually just tell people I'm bisexual if they ask me.

Hmm, I have a problem.. I tell anyone on the internet I'm bisexual,but noone in Real life knows. :-k My friend asked me once, and I smiled... And said... Noo.... It's hard. But one of my 10 friends doesn't judge people by sexuallity. The rest do. <.<

I dont need a siggy no moar.

But what would it accomplish, virtually throwing chances at education down the drain. What i want to know is whether you feel it will be necessary to change your gender physically. As in, do you have discomfort or an unatural feeling being in a male body? Or would you just identify your mental side as female?

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Perhaps try, instead of "I have a disease. I'm in the wrong body."

Try "I am a male. But I act and think differently, which is okay."

Of course what it comes down to is what makes you happy. From what I've heard you should move away from your parents as soon as possible.

All I can suggest is to put up with it until you turn 18.

At least by that age you would have had a good 2 years to think about your decision as well.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

But what would it accomplish, virtually throwing chances at education down the drain. What i want to know is whether you feel it will be necessary to change your gender physically. As in, do you have discomfort or an unatural feeling being in a male body? Or would you just identify your mental side as female?

Both. I feel uncomfortable with a male body, and I identify as a female.

SWAG

Perhaps try, instead of "I have a disease. I'm in the wrong body."

Try "I am a male. But I act and think differently, which is okay."

Hmm. My Bible teacher talked about this kinda thing. He himself is weirded out by feminine/former-gay guys who act girly (not that he hates them, but is kinda weirded). He said that some guys are just feminine like that, and that's fine. Nothing wrong with it, but homosexuality is still a sin.

Both. I feel uncomfortable with a male body, and I identify as a female.

You said you know alot about your condition, so I have a question for you. If you can't answer it/don't feel like it, that's cool too.

I've learned that a guy has guy genes, and a girl has girl genes that determine traits, including the brain. Now, I take that to mean that you are male if you have XY, so you should be ok with being male, even if you act feminine (see my response to first quote). What I would like to know is what accounts for you feeling like a girl in a guy's body.

Truthscape - qeltar's excellent insights into RuneScape and more

Cave Story - Best Free RPG ever

-Retired. Forever-

Scientists have done studies of the brain and found that you can tell the gender of the person by two areas of the Hypothalamus, it's different in men and women. They have found this by slicing the brain after death and comparing them.

They have done this test on transsexuals after death too and found that Male to female TS's have the same female traits in the Hypothalamus and visa verse for female to male brains. So in effect if you gave Serephurus's brain to a scientist, they would conclude this was the brain of a girl. This is also the same for TS's that have never been on HRT, so a prolonged exposure to hormones do not create this condition.

So why are people born TS? Well everyone is different and there are many reasons why this happens, but the main theory probably supports an error in the fetus during the first few weeks after conception. All fetuses are female to begin with and if the baby is to be male the change happens within the first few weeks. But sometimes it doesn't go 100% to plan, not all is changed and we get errors. This is what could cause some to be born with both sex organs, or simply the wrong gendered brain.

When the error can be seen physically, it's easier to accept, but when it is just the brain, you only really have the patients word for it, and in their own personal hell they have to convince psychiatrists, family, friends and the world of this. It can't be easy and unfortunately there is still a high death rate due to suicides.

My heart goes out to you Serephurus, take care hun and I hope you have a fantastic life after your transition. I'm sure your parents will eventually come around.

This is one of the few subjects that still makes me cringe. I don't mean that in an offensive way, I think it just goes to show the lack of education on it.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

This must be a hard time for you.

Sorry to say it but my advice (and what I would do in the situation) would be to just wait till you're 18. I know you're having to fake it but that seems to be the easiest way to go about it. If your parents are really that intolerant than just squeeze what you can and when you become independent you don't have to care about what they think (in terms of food/shelter).

This is one of the few subjects that still makes me cringe. I don't mean that in an offensive way, I think it just goes to show the lack of education on it.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Before I got to college, I'd never known anyone who was transgendered, and the concept just kind of seemed gross and didn't make sense to me. When I got to college, I met transgendered individuals, and also learned the difference between genderqueer, transgendered, transsexual, preop, postop, MTF, FTM, gender[bleep], intersex, the difference between gender and sex, how to use gender neutral pronouns, etc. I also finally understand that gender isn't really a choice that someone has at all.

I think it would be great if everyone could get the education I did. I'm glad I feel much less ignorant now :D

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

Nothing wrong with it, but homosexuality is still a sin.

The only part of the bible that condemns homosexuality is Leviticus of the Old Testament, and if you follow Leviticus, then you must also follow the rules within it regarding incense, altars, and meat offerings.

You said you know alot about your condition, so I have a question for you. If you can't answer it/don't feel like it, that's cool too.

I've learned that a guy has guy genes, and a girl has girl genes that determine traits, including the brain. Now, I take that to mean that you are male if you have XY, so you should be ok with being male, even if you act feminine (see my response to first quote). What I would like to know is what accounts for you feeling like a girl in a guy's body.

The XX/XY genes are identifiers of a person's sex. They have very little to do with the actual makeup of a person.

wwidas6.jpg

Nothing wrong with it, but homosexuality is still a sin.

The only part of the bible that condemns homosexuality is Leviticus of the Old Testament, and if you follow Leviticus, then you must also follow the rules within it regarding incense, altars, and meat offerings.

Genesis 2:23-24

[hide]The man said,

"This is now bone of my bones

and flesh of my flesh;

she shall be called 'woman,'

for she was taken out of man."

For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. [/hide]

And thanks for the response on genes, but it makes me wonder about the Hypothalamus thing that ClareJonsson posted.

Truthscape - qeltar's excellent insights into RuneScape and more

Cave Story - Best Free RPG ever

-Retired. Forever-

Has everyone forgot about the guy dressing up like a girl, acting emo over Britney Spears?

My personal opinion (and I shall soon never to click this particular thread again due to the inbound flames I see on my radar), is that you should act like a boy.

And to be honest about it, I personally don't believe you have this problem. Personally due to the ever increasing hate fad for christians, I believe its only to develop attention of yourself and then treat the parents as the evil christians who don't get enough of Religion.

I seriously doubt people would openly admit what you have infront of all these strangers, even on the internet, but once again, thats just me and my opinion. Most people I know who have such problems are very shy about it, your eagerness to tell everyone about it and your so called "impressive knowledge" on the situation only stregthens my thoughts that this is nothing but a attention grabber.

(Never clicks this topic again)

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

I understand you put personally and all that jazz in there, but did you read what someone said about part of the brain in transexuals looking the same as those of the sex they think they belong to? As in, if he gave his brain to a scientist the scientist would identify it as the brain of a female?

If we hypothesize that this is not for attention and that he does indeed have a female brain what do you think he should do? Since that is his problem.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Has everyone forgot about the guy dressing up like a girl, acting emo over Britney Spears?

(1) My personal opinion (and I shall soon never to click this particular thread again due to the inbound flames I see on my radar), is that you should act like a boy.

And to be honest about it, I personally don't believe you have this problem. (2) Personally due to the ever increasing hate fad for christians, I believe its only to develop attention of yourself and then treat the parents as the evil christians who don't get enough of Religion.

I seriously doubt people would openly admit what you have infront of all these strangers, even on the internet, but once again, thats just me and my opinion. Most people I know who have such problems are very shy about it, your eagerness to tell everyone about it and your so called "impressive knowledge" on the situation only stregthens my thoughts that this is nothing but a attention grabber.

(1) Satenza adresses this well.

(2) No. Hate fad for ignorance and bigotry. No one but ignorant bigots hates Christians because they are Christians.

You're assuming he is an attention grabber. You've put that out there and suggested why. I wonder how you're so blase and quick to state that he's an attention grabber given your limited knowlege of his situation. Do you believe that anyone has a legitimate gender identity crisis? If we knew he did, what do you suggest he should do?

Yes you will click this topic again as such an idiotic post has only one goal, to stir up some trouble as it was obviously incredibly pathetic, idiotic and just goes to show how backward or stoopid (yes double o is intentional) you are.

By the way, I gotta tell you some facts before anyone else beats me to it:

1. The earth is really a sphere and not flat like you once thought.

2. Yes the water from that tap really was heated by technology, and not sent from the gods.

3. Contrary to what you have been told, there is life beyond your own community.

4. Yes fluffykiwis really was the cheat to The New Zealand Story on the Commadore Amiga (one of my fave games of all time except Berzerk and Spyro the dragon).

Anyway, I know a lot about this subject as one of my best friends is TS. I also have a good friend who is a doctor of biology, I have soaked up soo much knowledge from him, including some icky facts about spiders (Which I really wish I didn't know).

Defender2516, after you read this (Which you are now doing) I really think you should say sorry for being such an idiot. Ah, but you are chicken, that's why you said you would never click here again. I laugh at your thickyness :lol:

In defenders defence ( :o ) Serephurus has pretty much mentioned his gender crisis in every post for about three weeks, even in threads that have nothing to do with anything like it. He also has it written in his signature. I think it is a little from column A a little from column B.

Signature3.gif