Thank you, Mr 9500 unstrung-yew-long guy!

"Look at my offer" he says. Its only a click, so I click.. The trade screen fills with one little item. One item only. Bank notes. 9500 yew longbows. Sheesh, I think... Thats alot of freakin bows! lol.

I ask... "Whats that for?"

He responds.... "For your dragon med"

I blink. Really. I say that ouloud. "Really". I blink again. See, I happen to know that a yew long alchs for 768 gp each. Why I remember this number, must be fate, since I really can't remember my own age, or any other number for that matter, but the fact is, my calculator is looking at over 7 million gp when I multiply 768 time 9500.

That would really help me get my chain! Oh wait... Thats 9500 natures! omg, 9500 rune essense??? 380 trips to the nature altar??? "Those bows are strung, right?" I type, as I squint into the trade screen.

"Um, no." Is the response.

Blink. "Oh".

Now, the trade screen that I'm staring blankly at as I now start to imagine 9500 flax and 9500 bow strings, and 350 trips to the spinning wheel, and 9500 clicking bowstrings to bows, and and....all of a sudden....

Poof. 2200 natures shows up on the screen. Then, that little white sentence in the middle of the trade screen "Other player has accepted" flashes on, and I'm still staring at my calculator. "Plz?! Thats like 7 million in bows, dude!" Nice sales job, buddy, yea yea yea... I know! I'm actually stressing at this point. :P

7,296,000. I have typed in 768 x 9500 about 12 times on my calculator, just to make sure that I made sure I was right when I made sure the other 10 times. Yes, still 7,296,000 GP. Thats a 5 million dollor profit.

No matter how much horror and wrist pain the daunting numbers of flax, bowstrings, rune essense, and nature runes loomed in my imagination, I could not stop staring at a 5 million dollar profit. 7,296,000 GP. 7.3 mil

I started laughing, and talking to myself... "I can't believe I'm going to click this button." Shaking my head, laughing aloud.

Click...."Thanks mister!" his text follows him as he runs away with my D-med. .......Omg, what have I done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE MONTH LATER -

I am now writing to officially thank YOU, my friend.

Fletching level increased from 72 to 79

Runecrafting level increased from 45 to 54.

Magic level from 85 to 86, and thats one helluva level, let me tellya.

Mining level from 86 to 87, which is funny when it comes from rune essense at 15 xp a pop. lol.

5 million profit.

And with your money, and some hard work mining rune, and working clues, I now have my dragon chain.

Game complete.

Thank you, Mr 9500-unstrung-yew-long dude. I will never forget you,

Your Leesters.

PS. This is an old post. :)

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very very nice, specially considering the current demand for magic xp because of the new high level spells :D

Very well done as well, i dont think i'd be able to make all the strings and nats in one month lol :twisted:

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

I didn't make all the nats. Hehe. I made 2/3 and stood at a nature chest. 2 alchs on world 2, and its ready to steal again. Oh, did I mention my 2 thieving levels, too? Hehe

Oh, and the flax... well, I skipped some details. :P But the story was writing so well, I didn't edit much. I learned quite quickly that I completely despise picking flax. So I actually bought bowstrings with common clue items and paid some noobs with junk items (in my mind) to run flax to me at the wheel.

If I would have done my own flax, I'd still be in Seers, thats for sure.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

Really nice story, i also thought that you had been scammed when you said he ran away.

Why didn't he alch them for himself and get med and 5 mill profit. :?

Grats to you anway. :D

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

Well, I'm probably guessing that he was tired of making those 9500 bows in the first place. Hehe. Actually he did say "I just want some quick cash". Maybe his RC was 12. Maybe he was just too lazy.

If he reads this, and points out to me the inaccuracy of this story, I'll give him my next god item I get. Hehe. Just too teach some poor kid that it pays to be lazy? Lol. Nah, not really, just to show my appreciation. So, Mr. 9500 unstrung-yew-long guy, are you out there? How did the nature thing really go? If you tell me, you get god armor.

Can you tell i'm one happy RSer today? hehe.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

LOL!!! awsome story! some people actually get lucky, and that's nice to see. I can't say i enjoyed every word of the story, but i would if one word was removed :P

Thats a 5 million dollor profit

Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces, Gold pieces.

Ayway, thanks for posting this![/b]