Mining sucks.

GreenPixels

This is my rant kinda thread about mining.. in particular on f2p servers.

I started mining a few days ago, at level 1. I rose levels considerably quickly, mainly because i could afford the best pickaxe for my level and no one mines tin/copper. Once tin and copper slowed down around about level 20, i thought i should move onto iron.

This is where i noticed problem one. It is INSANLEY difficult for low level miners to get iron, mainly because any places with 2 or more iron rocks is camped with 4 or more miners. It can take someone around level 20-30 mining up to 10 or more swings to get an ore. It takes someone with 41 mining and a rune pickaxe normally only 1 swing. Theres a few of these 41+ normally at every mine, making it very hard for low level miners. Thats the first problem.

Now, a few levels later i finally got to 41 mining and could use my rune pickaxe, i was now one of "the others". I thought it would be smooth sailing from this point, but a new problem had been realised: lag. Once you are at the rune pickaxe stage, as far as mining iron is concerned, if there are 2 or more people with rune pickaxe mining iron, 9 times out of 10 the person with the best connection/ping to the server wins. I noticed this on my old character, who was 80 mining. He would be outmined by people with level 50 mining, basically as soon as my character turned to mine the rock would be gone.

I think something need to be done to mining to make it a little more balanced and player friendly. Maybe something a little similar to fishing in that it can have a certain amount of fish fished from it. Like maybe an iron rock contains 3 ores in it... but only one can be mined per person per respawn.

On a side note, a few autoers are begining to appear, and rimmington mine seems to be a hotspot. They dont seem to be too much of a threat though, their scripts arent too smart... yet.

Mining was alot better on rsc ( i know there was autoers around there) but it was, u could power mine which was alot faster, rs2 is more fair tho everyone has a equal chance of gettin ore with the rite pic ax, but i do know wot u mean it does always seem like higher lvl miners are always gettin the ores

Wow - Zuu - Lvl 55 Destructo Lock - Neptulon

Rattus Jr - Skill totaler Nub ( Zuu's Back)

Archer003 - 92 80 99 92hp Rsc trained

I agree.

I had quit RS for a year or so, and when I came back, stuff was gone. Big surprise, hehe.

Anyway, what I got was a bronze pick and I went to mine iron! Level 48 and I can't mine iron with a bronze!

I know, i know, it's a bronze....but Jagex should make it so that there's an equal cance or something! I dunno, implement a new system...

Personally, I think you need to just stop complaining entirely. EVERY high leveled miner (contrary to popular belief :roll: ) HAD to go through the exact. same. thing. I had trouble mining iron, and even more trouble mining coal (you think four people is bad, try 10 people at one coal rock) but then I got to level 61, and now I can freely mine 28 coal in 5 minutes on p2p at the mining guild.

What I'm saying, is if you stick at it, mine more and ***** less, you'll eventually get to 60, and things will be tons smoother from then on. No one's going to hand you a mining rock, do a courtsey and say "Here, brother...have this rock. I shall mine o' yonder, and let you be in peace."

C'est la vie! :roll:

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Try leveling mining when you didn't even saw the ore, and all you had what guessing, and long long waiting, and then, if you got lucky, and if there wasn't some other miner, you would have an ore.

Mining is already made ten times easier then in old RSC, so I don't see your point really...

I agree with Outsanity. I am a high lvl miner (53) and I had to do the same thing. And ya, trying to get a coal with 4 people at the same coal rock is hard, forget 10 people. And coal is THE thing that every high lvl miner needs. Then there are the stupid people that live to make life hard for people, and mine on the regular rocks, instead of going into the mining guild, (And they have a good enough lvl for it, because everyone is always asking "mining lvls?") which is less then 7 squares away :x It's not that easy being a high lvl miner either, believe me.

Blakdragon39.png

Try leveling mining when you didn't even saw the ore, and all you had what guessing, and long long waiting, and then, if you got lucky, and if there wasn't some other miner, you would have an ore.

I played back in RSC, somehow i thought it was better that way as i had no idea how the system worked... i managed to get 66 mining or so before i stopped playing that character.

Mining is already made ten times easier then in old RSC, so I don't see your point really...

Click pickaxe click rock , click pickaxe click rock , click pickaxe click rock. evil...

there are no stupid questions

just way too many inquisitive idiots

balance is scary to people who like things easy for them

Utopianflame.png

wait til you get to coal lol

Unless you're in the minning guild....In members....On an empty server....

Not really, actually. The mining guild with even 10 people in it is fine. If you can keep an eye out for the respawning ores, you can still mine 28 coal in a good 3-4 minutes. This is about 420 - 560 coal per hour, which isn't shabby at all. :)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

get to a respectable level (enough to use rune pic with confidence :roll: ) and do nothing but iron, drop it, or have a runner go and bank it (better) until you hit level 60 (you will probably be jumping up and down with joy) but too bad.... keep mining iron until 65 or so.... the higher levels will blow you away in the guild :x

Personally, I think you need to just stop complaining entirely. EVERY high leveled miner (contrary to popular belief :roll: ) HAD to go through the exact. same. thing. I had trouble mining iron, and even more trouble mining coal (you think four people is bad, try 10 people at one coal rock) but then I got to level 61, and now I can freely mine 28 coal in 5 minutes on p2p at the mining guild.

What I'm saying, is if you stick at it, mine more and ***** less, you'll eventually get to 60, and things will be tons smoother from then on. No one's going to hand you a mining rock, do a courtsey and say "Here, brother...have this rock. I shall mine o' yonder, and let you be in peace."

C'est la vie! :roll:

Absolutely agree. If anyone remembers my character Omegawrayth (I wrote a journal back on the old forums detailing my progress), I had to work INSANELY hard to get into the mining guild. I was mining iron in SE varrock mine and it was unbelievably jam-packed with all these high levels. Nobody is going to hand anything to you on a plate... go and break your back and work for it.

Iantiger

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

Ive given up mining now due to I hate it :P lol. But well when I mined (71 mining) i would mine in the varrok mine place and I would get outmined by lvl 50 miners. Now I wasnt really lagging, but these lvl 50 miners were beating me, so I stopped mining entierly.

strangely, pple train on iron while its soooo popular.. perhaps due to RSC where powermining works..

I trained mining on gold rox.. coz gold rox offer better exp per rox and there is no crowd.. i did it @ crafting guild though... if its busy, change server.. there is bound to be 1 server where crafting guild has no pple.. so juz mine and mine.... i always gave my gold ores away willingly to contenders.. tats how i get 60mining and started mining away in guild..

80 mining now.. all via coal and iron and mith as i am raising smithing level.. cheerios folks..

however said minging for rs2>rsc if we talk about difficulty,it is rsc>rs2,because in rsc everybody could mine a rock and get it,i recently tried out rsc,and with all the autoers at the mine,i wasnt clicking as fast as them,i wasnt on all of the iron when the autoers were,but i still got ore and exp...

if mining worked like that now,then i wouldnt have to hear all these people crying "youz stupidzor nob gime my iron ore"

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

i have the lag server problem too :(

I mine iron to get my level up, and im now level 66. But many times, even whem i am at dutch server (i live in holland) lower levelers get the iron, cause there conecion is better. when a rock respawn. Everybody clicks fast. It would be nice if rs waits a sec and than the best miner (not the fastest clicker, best conection) gets the ore. About its hard for low leverels to train on iron, thats treu. I mined rune essence until i was level 30. After that i strated iron. I dont mine higer things, sometimes a bit of coal.

RSN: Sensation 11

I might give gold a try....

But yeah, its very annoying when you have worked hard for your level and it has no apparent advantage over people lower then you. I got about 150k xp in the last 2 days, but to do it i had to be very alert on clicking the iron. However i saw and reported at least 3 auoters in that time :(

stop complainind dudes!

mining is easy if you know the right spots.

first of all, in the beginning you should mine (and bank) a big load of copper and tin (1000 of each). this should be a nice beginning for smithing and will bring you to 41 mining (almost). then you can mine iron.

the trick is then to powermine and forget about banking. hobgoblin mine is great for this. once your high enough ( for instance 70 mining) then just stop mining and buy ur smithing lvls.

OR go for 85 mining (with powermining) and mine rune ores and get insanely rich and buy lots of steel bars.

I honestly think they should make mining rocks like tree's (oak and over) for woodcutting..

You get a random number of ores from the rock, it then empties. Then you have to wait for respawn, do it all over. This would be good for a few reasons..

- Jagex stopped power mining because they wanted people to raise smithing, NOT just mining, because smithing was being neglected as a skill. What better way to increase people's smithing than to let them actually get ores WITHOUT a fight?

- Some may argue this increases ore numbers, thus lowering prices...I have one thing to say.."SO?" You'll get MORE ores faster, thus even if the price halves, you'll have twice as many ore which equals the same amount of cash, PLUS you'll have double the mining exp you would have got.

- I hate battling for ores, you'll swing at a coal rock for 30 seconds, then someone else runs along, with a LOWER mining level usually, and they get the ore in 1 hit....YAY? Lol..

• 2 months later...

Wow... you know how much I hate it when low level miners come and get a rock you have been on for a long time? I hate that sooooo much. But I just got level 60 mining not to long ago. So it's not as much of a problem. The only problem NOW, is that there isn't enough mithril ore, anywhere :P And there's too many goblins at the hobgoblin mine. Makes life hard. And THEN there's Pkers too... who I don't like to run into when I'm mining :P

Blakdragon39.png