Pures and Honour in the Wild~190+opinions why not add yours?

hbk_hossack

I knew there was a flaw in my logic! #-o Thanks for the correction.

Ahrims + Ancients | Barrow Pures +Piety.

Good idea, but not everyone has enough stats for those

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how would you no most pkers that will go after people killing green dragons, or doing clue scrolls arn't pkers that follow the hounor code-theres no part in it that states against it, just stuff about bringing 200k+

in items and no prayer...i see somthing very strange with this 'hounor' code <.<

The honour code isnt set in stone, each pker has his own personal code of honour, myself and a lot of other people i know adopt a policy of only attacking hostile players, all of my pks are generally off other honour pkers or NH pkers attacking rcers or green drags.

I have now all but retired from rs and will only be playing my 96 rune pure from now on, but on the few occasions i get on i will be activally hunting rc pkers.

The honour code whilst in most cases not prohibiting attacking skillers at least gives them a fighting chance (we dont tele, pilejump, pray 1v1 or farcast)

Whereas a NH pker will do all of those things.

As for the people who flame you for doing these things, 90% of the time they wont be an honour pker at all, couse we generally dont flame.

Chances are if some one calls you a prayer noob or a safer its a NH pker trying to get you angry enough to type and miss vital specs or eating, they will eventually tele when you turn the tables on them.

The honour code is in no way a bad thing, its the little twerps who use it as an excuse for their lack of skill that give us a bad name.

Is this a rant, or are you trying to get some attention of the forums? :S

Is that a post, or are you trying to get your post count up? :S

OT:

Good idea, but not everyone has enough stats for those

Thats when you're screwed. I have you no problem with Pures (because I'm one) but I do have a problem with the braggart pures who think that they're tough because they can kill me with a DDS when I'm doing a clue scroll or that they are l33t because I lagged.

And saying that you can PK because you got 99 range/str etc. is like saying you're a good rapper because you got shot.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

The whole 'honour' concept is complete BS to me. How can you be 'honourable' in a place that is the result of chaos, destruction and a lack of honorable people and actions? Let's look at the oh so often mentioned teleporting from a fight. I'm sorry I don't feel like giving up my pixels to you, god forbid you don't meet your pixel quota. :roll:. My bottom line? You can fight by your 'honorable' limitations, but I'll be sure to do all in my power to take you down in a fight.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

You can fight by your 'honorable' limitations, but I'll be sure to do all in my power to take you down in a fight.
Whatever floats your boat..

But how is teleporting doing anything at all to "take me down" seems like by running away you have done exactly the opposite.

We frankly could give a damn what you think..

You might want to act like a jerk in the wilderness and thats your right..

If we cant be bothered staying arround to fight your praying teleporting [wagon] then thats our right.

You can fight by your 'honorable' limitations, but I'll be sure to do all in my power to take you down in a fight.

But how is teleporting doing anything at all to "take me down" seems like by running away you have done exactly the opposite.

If we cant be bothered staying arround to fight your praying teleporting [wagon] then thats our right.

He never said hat teleporting was helping him win the fight, he said that he uses it to prevent giving up his pixles...

And further more the only one whos being a JERK in the wild, are the ones calling us noobs for useing or skills to kill them, or prevent them from getting our stuff!-No one said you had to fight us!

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

He never said hat teleporting was helping him win the fight, he said that he uses it to prevent giving up his pixles...

And further more the only one whos being a JERK in the wild, are the ones calling us noobs for useing or skills to kill them, or prevent them from getting our stuff!-No one said you had to fight us!

As you have already read, i dont attack skillers, so 90% of the nh players i fight attack me, then they teleport after losing an entire invent of food and several doses of pots.

I fail to see what they have achieved.

Thats what honour pking is all about, coming out to the wild without already having admitted defeat by losing food to telerunes, or wasting good prayer on protection prayers in a one on one fight.

Its all about mindset, if your an amateur you will go out and pray and tag and tele, you are afraid of losing your pixels and in a lot of cases you still lose them anyway becouse the real pker is more prepared.

If your a real pker, you dont waste inventory space on tele runes becouse you already know the shortest paths to edge and what obstructions you can use to get away.

You dont waste prayer on protections becouse you know the other player will turn his on also making for a long boring fight which niether player can win, you save your prayer for super attack and super str and go for a ko.

Talking to people who know nothing about pking about the honour code is nearly impossible, you guys have no idea how much more fun the wild is when you let go of your fear and go out there to kill not be killed.

Wrong. You said we have to fight you when you stepped into the wildy wearing pking gear and attacked us.

It doesn't seem anybody is getting the point behind "honor". YES, you have the right to teleport and pray. You also have the right to close doors on people, be a jerk to anybody 2 levels below you, teleother spam in the barrows, make a level 3 looter, give false information to whoever asks you a question, the right to run around wearing a pink skirt, steel 2h, leather body and a red/blue cw helm - you have the right to do anything within the rules.

That doesn't mean you're going to do any of those things. I'm assuming you're not one of those idiots that camps at dharok or verac in the barrows with some alchs and 20 teleother lumbridges. You respect the other players enough to not try and ruin their fun and take their items. You respect other people in general enough that, even if you don't know them, that you won't get greedy and pixel hungry and try to "pk" some barrowser using whatever cheap method you can come up with. You aren't going to keep shutting the door on somebody in hopes that the evil chicken will finish them off.

Why does that respect for other people stop when you enter the wildy?

The honor system is misnamed imo. It's not "honor", it's "respect", and I don't think anybody will disagree that this game needs more respect between players. It's respecting the other people enough that you aren't going to ruin both you and your opponant's time and money. It's respecting other people enough that you're not going to jumpspec somebody after a dm. It's respecting other people enough that you aren't going to flip on prayer and run the second somebody hits something above 35.

I pk for fun. I go into the wildy to kill other people, and in turn, it's inevitable I'm going to get killed a couple times myself. It's not fun when every person you try to pk teletabs the second they run low on food. That's why I don't teleport - I want fun for myself, personally, so I'm not going to ruin the rare person that pks me's fun. Golden rule, whatever...but that's the way I am.

I know exactly what you're going to say the second you read this - "Do you call it respect when a pker flames me for teleporting or praying 1v1?"

Pures almost always come to the front of this - they yell the most, and the loudest. Don't think this system started with pures, it didn't. They hijacked something for their own purposes. It didn't start with them, so don't judge pking on what they say.

I've seen people outside this game say RS sucks - only because they don't like the immature people they met ingame. Just like you and I know, while that is true, you shouldn't measure RuneScape by a few 10 year olds on pc'd acounts.

Sure, the flaming may not be ok. Just don't judge something by the way individuals represent it.

As you have already read, i dont attack skillers, so 90% of the nh players i fight attack me, then they teleport after losing an entire invent of food and several doses of pots.

I fail to see what they have achieved.

Thats what honour pking is all about, coming out to the wild without already having admitted defeat by losing food to telerunes, or wasting good prayer on protection prayers in a one on one fight.

Its all about mindset, if your an amateur you will go out and pray and tag and tele, you are afraid of losing your pixels and in a lot of cases you still lose them anyway becouse the real pker is more prepared.

If your a real pker, you dont waste inventory space on tele runes becouse you already know the shortest paths to edge and what obstructions you can use to get away.

You dont waste prayer on protections becouse you know the other player will turn his on also making for a long boring fight which niether player can win, you save your prayer for super attack and super str and go for a ko.

Talking to people who know nothing about pking about the honour code is nearly impossible, you guys have no idea how much more fun the wild is when you let go of your fear and go out there to kill not be killed.

For the last time (and i could care less if you reply back saying diferent)just becaus i use the skills given to us does not mean im an amiture!

No, if i choose to bring telerunes as a fallbackplan im still a 'real' pker, oh no, i dont pk like you do so im a little amiture!-ya theres a lot of logic behind that :roll:

And before you say that that is what im doing lemme make it clear that i dont doubt that your a pker (and your probaly very good at it), your veiw is different than mine, but your still a pker

It's not "honor", it's "respect", and I don't think anybody will disagree that this game needs more respect between players.

Yes respect is somthing that we want to see more of in runescape, but its in no way disrespectfull to pray or run in the wild-if it upsets you, i soppose you have some options:

A)quit pking-but no one would want to do this, like i said before, your probaly very good at it

B)Just deal with it-not everyone pks like you do, and some people will get on your nervs...but thats how life is

C)Call them a prayer noob, tele noob, etc. (but isnt that what all this was about from the start?)

D)Get everyone to pk exactly like you so we dont waste each others time...yeah, good luck with that...

If i were you, and you might disagree, is "B"

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

Yes respect is somthing that we want to see more of in runescape, but its in no way disrespectfull to pray or run in the wild-if it upsets you, i soppose you have some options:

A)quit pking-but no one would want to do this, like i said before, your probaly very good at it

B)Just deal with it-not everyone pks like you do, and some people will get on your nervs...but thats how life is

C)Call them a prayer noob, tele noob, etc. (but isnt that what all this was about from the start?)

D)Get everyone to pk exactly like you so we dont waste each others time...yeah, good luck with that...

Sheesh...here I run over the same old stuff I said before...

Pking is fun because you kill people. When one person prays, forcing the other person to pray, nobody dies - that's not fun. Yes, it's being disrespectful by taking someone else's time...just like closing doors on people and answering someone's questions wrong. It's not fun when you have a crappy connection and some idiot keeps closing the door so you can't go anywhere. It's disrespectful.

As for your "options", I'll answer b and d;

I do deal with it.

I'm starting to agree more and more with 124's analysis of your personality. You enter things admitting defeat. Not only in your gear and what you pack and how you pk, but even with comments such as "I'm not going to handicap myself for a dead system".

That's where we differ. Where you think "It'll never happen, I'm not even going to try", I think "It's not going to happen, unless somebody takes a step in that direction."

I do things. Even if I'm the minority, I do it. I don't plan to fail, I shoot for success, even if the odds are low.

I'm not a defeatest.

Sheesh...here I run over the same old stuff I said before...

Pking is fun because you kill people. When one person prays, forcing the other person to pray, nobody dies - that's not fun. Yes, it's being disrespectful by taking someone else's time...just like closing doors on people and answering someone's questions wrong. It's not fun when you have a crappy connection and some idiot keeps closing the door so you can't go anywhere. It's disrespectful.

As for your "options", I'll answer b and d;

I do deal with it.

I'm starting to agree more and more with 124's analysis of your personality. You enter things admitting defeat. Not only in your gear and what you pack and how you pk, but even with comments such as "I'm not going to handicap myself for a dead system".

That's where we differ. Where you think "It'll never happen, I'm not even going to try", I think "It's not going to happen, unless somebody takes a step in that direction."

I do things. Even if I'm the minority, I do it. I don't plan to fail, I shoot for success, even if the odds are low.

I'm not a defeatest.

Hmm, i never thought of it that way before...makes alot of sense-next time i go pking ill try that out :-k

but i sill dont get how praying in the wild is disrespectful, i can see how the battle would be alot longer, but it dosnt mean your disrespecting them for 'taking up there time'...

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

Hmm, i never thought of it that way before...makes alot of sense-next time i go pking ill try that out :-k

but i sill dont get how praying in the wild is disrespectful, i can see how the battle would be alot longer, but it dosnt mean your disrespecting them for 'taking up there time'...

Because it doesn't go anywhere. Praying in a 1v1 fight makes you almost unkoable, and because that forces the other person to pray, nobody is going to win that fight and it's wasting time.

I used to teleport too and didn't see why i was not considered a 'real' pker.. Now i do see that not taking teleports makes pking way more challenging and fun, especially when you know the person you're fighting hasn't got them either. That's why i like pking in the deeper parts of the wilderness. Either you are going to die, or you are getting some sweet loot :)

Because it doesn't go anywhere. Praying in a 1v1 fight makes you almost unkoable, and because that forces the other person to pray, nobody is going to win that fight and it's wasting time.

well if thats how they see it they dont have to pray...no ones making them

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

Don't be stupid. We don't pray, unless someone else forces us to, and if somebody prays from me, I'm not going to leave mine off just so "somebody dies".

I honestly can't believe you suggested that... :roll:

Don't be stupid. We don't pray, unless someone else forces us to, and if somebody prays from me, I'm not going to leave mine off just so "somebody dies".

I honestly can't believe you suggested that... :roll:

Im sorry but Dont YOU be stupid, I was being sarcastic in my last comment, Obviously if i pray theres a huge chance they'll pray back and why is that? because no one is going to have a battle were they would rather die than no one win-i think most would choose tie>die, so if i want to pray because thats how i pk its not disrespectfull, its how i pk. you guys could go on saying im not a 'real' pker, or that its disrespectfull-but neither of thoes statements are true...

(btw: if some one does somthing such as pray, and you pray back, its not us forcing you to pray, i dont see anyone grabing your mouse and cliking prayer-and you could say im being stupid for this aswell-i could care less...)

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

Im sorry but Dont YOU be stupid, I was being sarcastic in my last comment, Obviously if i pray theres a huge chance they'll pray back and why is that? because no one is going to have a battle were they would rather die than no one win-i think most would choose tie>die, so if i want to pray because thats how i pk its not disrespectfull, its how i pk. you guys could go on saying im not a 'real' pker, or that its disrespectfull-but neither of thoes statements are true...

(btw: if some one does somthing such as pray, and you pray back, its not us forcing you to pray, i dont see anyone grabing your mouse and cliking prayer-and you could say im being stupid for this aswell-i could care less...)

I didn't call you stupid, but honestly, if that was sarcasm, its not the best I've seen... :-k

Anyway,

I don't think you, or anybody else that pks, pks just to waste sharks and watch 15s and 10s for the fun of it. Of course anybody will prefer tieing to dying...but if you switch on your prayer almost every single time you start a fight, forcing a tie, that just sorta says you must be thinking that your only two options were tieing with prayer or dying...

I'm not going to say if you're a "real pker" or not, but if all the stuff you do in the wildy is more like being "player splattered", not "player killing", and you need prayer just to tie in most fights, you can't really call yourself a "pker" - "player killer" - can you?

Whether or not that's you, I can't say, but that's the meaning behind the term.

I didn't call you stupid, but honestly, if that was sarcasm, its not the best I've seen... :-k

Anyway,

I don't think you, or anybody else that pks, pks just to waste sharks and watch 15s and 10s for the fun of it. Of course anybody will prefer tieing to dying...but if you switch on your prayer almost every single time you start a fight, forcing a tie, that just sorta says you must be thinking that your only two options were tieing with prayer or dying...

I'm not going to say if you're a "real pker" or not, but if all the stuff you do in the wildy is more like being "player splattered", not "player killing", and you need prayer just to tie in most fights, you can't really call yourself a "pker" - "player killer" - can you?

Whether or not that's you, I can't say, but that's the meaning behind the term.

Yeah sarcasms never been my thing... ::'

Yes pking is "player killing", which is what i do when i pk...(ihope that made sense) i got that.

But i never said this is how i pk:

"oh, that person looks like a good person to fight" i start to charge "whoops, almost forgot to protect from _____" then i swich on prayer.

No, I use prayer only when the situation calls for it-not everytime i go after someone.

And maybe i go up against a pure-look at my stats...im far from being a pure so i could be at a disadvantage. Now if the pure i maight be fighting dosnt train in prayer much (Im aware it takes 8 lvls to lvl combat but still)

If i decide to turn on prayer so will he...but if they dont have the protect froms...see what im getting at?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

Yeah sarcasms never been my thing... ^-^

Yes pking is "player killing", which is what i do when i pk...(ihope that made sense) i got that.

"oh, that person looks like a good person to fight" i start to charge "whoops, almost forgot to protect from _____" then i swich on prayer.

No, I use prayer only when the situation calls for it-not everytime i go after someone.

And maybe i go up against a pure-look at my stats...im far from being a pure so i could be at a disadvantage. Now if the pure i maight be fighting dosnt train in prayer much (Im aware it takes 8 lvls to lvl combat but still)

If i decide to turn on prayer so will he...but if they dont have the protect froms...see what im getting at?

But you still agree it's not fun when someone with simular stats to you flips on their prayer, right? Or even if that pure happens to have 52 prayer, and protects right back?

Since I don't like others doing that, I don't do it myself. That's just my thang. If I don't think I'm going to win a fight, I leave before I would need prayer or teletabs.

But you still agree it's not fun when someone with simular stats to you flips on their prayer, right? Or even if that pure happens to have 52 prayer, and protects right back?

Since I don't like others doing that, I don't do it myself. That's just my thang. If I don't think I'm going to win a fight, I leave before I would need prayer or teletabs.

Yeah, that will go over well, "excuse me, i think im going to lose, can i leave?" :roll: -now i know-no one would be stupid enough to ask that,

But youve said before not to go into a battle with the mineset that your going to lose, so why retreat unless your close to loseing? i dont think youll live to fight again if your close to death and choose to run away normaly and not tele, but hey! you pk like you want-its your account, and your right to pk...

PS: if they want to swich on prayer i dont mind-its a skill, they can use it if they want

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

Yeah, that will go over well, "excuse me, i think im going to lose, can i leave?" :roll: -now i know-no one would be stupid enough to ask that,

But youve said before not to go into a battle with the mineset that your going to lose, so why retreat unless your close to loseing? i dont think youll live to fight again if your close to death and choose to run away normaly and not tele, but hey! you pk like you want-its your account, and your right to pk...

I fight till low or no food dpending on how tough my opponant is, then i run, and 90% of the time i make it.

I feel justified in running in that i have given him a decent chance of getting a kill.

If i teleport i feel like i have cheated.